cleggy

British Ridgback PPV

twins.jpg

Tag_BLX would like to introduce the British Ridgback PPV for Arma3.

What is it?
The Ridgback is a British modification of an American built 4 x 4 MRAP.

What do I get?
Desert and woodland camo variants armed with a turret mounted HMG and 1 x FFV position.

Current version
version 4

changelog:

version 4:

config fixes for Nexus update

version 3 :
model tweaks and extra LODs etc.
config changes : NOW FOUND UNDER > NATO > armored
added woodland camo variant

version 2 : added interior textures and various config tweaks

version 1: original release

here's the link to version 4:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1s4k128bl54t5da/blx_ridgback_v4.0.7z

Credits and Thanks
BIS for the sandbox and tools.
The guys at RKSL for their knowledge and encouragement.
All on the forums who gave feedback / suggestions

Edited by cleggy

Nice to see this finally make an appearance in A3. I've just had a quick play around with it and the model and textures are very nice mate, however there's one massive bug: when you use the rear camera, there's no way to get out of the camera view.

Awesome Cleggy, been looking forward to this for a while now. Will give as much feedback on MP use as soon as I can.

It's in the readme, Redders, mate. Use 'm' x2 for map screen. It's supposed to work with 'Throw' (default g) but that only works when it feels like it.:p

Readme? We don't need no stinkin' readme. :p

I stand corrected! Cheers chap.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@cleggy;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Any plans for a Woodland variant? I know you don't really get woodland Jackals/Mastiffs etc but I'm sure they'd be quickly painted if the BAF ever fought in a temperate region..

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Finally a Cougar in A3! I really enjoyed this in A2 was so awesome I used it with the Americans too.

Any chance you'd do a variant without the cage to give the Americans a proper variant?

Great to see this turn it's wheels.

We'll give it the usual 3CB shakedown and come back to you with anything we spot.

+1 for a green job :-) we're fighing zee RUUssians on Podagorsk now and could do with all the help we can get !

SJ

Hey cleggy congrats on the release, did a bit of testing and here is what i found.

The commander has manual fire control over the gunner seat for some reason? . Since this is a normal turret and not a CROWS system it confuses me slightly.

The FFV seat seems a bit wonky. You can change from the commander to the Top Cover fine, if you try to change back, or change to another seat you then cannot return the the Top Cover. The FFV minimum angle seems a little low, you can currently aim through the vehicle. You can also shoot through most of the vehicle that the FFV seat can see.

When you switch from a gunner seat to another seat you still have the gunner options (reloading different coloured tracers)

Right PIP mirror doesn't work.

The gunner optic can be zoomed yet an acog is fixed zoom.

This is probably personal preference but maybe have the front and rear cameras on a PIP monitor inside the cab?. Then change through them using an user action.

Congratulations on the release, I'll give it a test later on. Loved this in A2! :)

okk, so pros and cons, it handles extremly well, the model is great, rear cover is a brill idea, i can see a camera in the back (which i hope works in the furture) no game breaking bugs! Cons, no proper inside texture exept for colours, right wingmirror has no pip, manual fire should be taken out, , pretty much what soldier man said, also my friend, my community will be testing this vehicle in an MP OP on tuesdsay, i shall get some feed back, and ppost on here tuesday night GMT time

ONE MAJOR THING! once you have select rear camera, you can get out of it, cant exit the vehicle or anything! you are stuck there forever!

Edited by Ukfrgboggie

Nice work cleggy!

RPT error reports look clean, great!

FFV from the rear, lovely.

Initial thoughts:

- at present you can only enter the vehicle from the rear doors. Would be nice if Driver/Commander seats could be entered from the front of vehicle too?

- interior textures are quite sparse, presumably because it's WIP? Let us know at 3CB if you need assistance though.

- as someone else reported, going into the rear camera is bugged (no way back out)

- is it sling-loadable? (guess it maybe too heavy, haven't checked it's weight)

- at present you can only enter the vehicle from the rear doors. Would be nice if Driver/Commander seats could be entered from the front of vehicle too?

Ridgback doesn't have any doors at the front. Neither did Mastiff until the last "Mastiff 3" variants. So this is correct behaviour only having entry/exit points through the back doors.

As for sling loading, the real vehicle weighs about 19,500 kg (more in some cases) so it's too heavy for Chinook, CH-53 or any NATO helicopter. Mi-26 could possibly do it.

Edited by da12thMonkey

- as someone else reported, going into the rear camera is bugged (no way back out)

Cleggy cleared that up for me mate; double tap M or press G and it should take you back to the drivers POV.

First up thanks to all for the feedback and interest.

Honourable mention to Kecharles and Foxhound for the mirrors. - don't you guys ever sleep?

A bit to 'chew on' already, thanks soldierman.

Tbh the FFV position is a bit of a gimmick, what with all the furniture in the way,

I put it in just to see if I could get it to work then got carried away with

scripting turning in/out and ended up with a game of musical chairs.

I think I'm right in saying that in the vanilla FFV vehicles you can shoot through your own vehicle/crew?

If anyone can point me in the right direction for the other errors (manual fire etc.)

feel free to chip in! Although I've been doing this stuff on and off for a while now

I still get as confused as hell with stuff like ViewOptics.

With regard to woodland colour scheme, you'll probably have to do it yer'sel gents,

as i can't even finish this one!

Same goes for doing a proper American variant, love to but ...

Re: interior textures - yeah, there aren't any! The model itself has taken a bit of a back seat

(pun intended) as I've been playing around with sqf trying to get the damage modelling and FFV position to work.

In a nutshell I've probably over reached myself!

enableManualFire = 0; In either the vehicle config , or the commanders turret. Not sure at the moment. Never be bothered about over reaching, you never learn anything if you don't try push the things you can do. Ive also got a 50cal turret with acog if you want me to send it over so you can look at the FOV ect. Ive sort of come to same conclusion about FFV myself, its nice but i can't say its necessary. Keep it up man, its good work so far

Thanks da12th, I'm sure you are correct about the doors as I've never been in one.

I was taking information from this website

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/cougar_ridgback/

where it says the Ridgback has 3 doors, 2 at the front and a double clam door at the rear.

That's without cage armor, the Ridgback has the doors covered by a double layer of add on armor that keeps those doors firmly shut.

Presumably the cage armour is there to help defeat RPG's? It must be a pain for the driver to have to crawl through from the back. Why didn't they put a break in the cage/armour shell so the doors could still open?

Presumably the cage armour is there to help defeat RPG's? It must be a pain for the driver to have to crawl through from the back. Why didn't they put a break in the cage/armour shell so the doors could still open?

Yeah it detonates the RPG early minimizing damage from a direct hit. As for why they didn't put a break I'm not sure. I'm sure the encyclopedia of all things British military related, Mr. Monkey himself could have an answer for us ;)