anthariel

Tilos : Greek Island

• Beta Release

Since the first released ( 09 Junary 2015 ), a lot of work has been made on Tilos, new location, new config and more, based on player's feedback, +1000 fix have been made.

As is said, this beta brings a lot of new location like Tilos Military Airport, Livadia ( 60% ), Mikero Chorio, The Spartan and more, also some optimization have been made in some location like St. Peteilemon church and Mikero Chorio where some player complain of some FPS Loses.

This update must be an Underwater update, but I realized it's more important to work on the surface side for the moment, so if you wan't to see the full changelog click on this spoiler:

• Fixed : Many collisions bug.
  • Fixed : Clipping on some rocks in the military airport area.
  • Fixed : In the cave near the St. Peteilemon, the player could fallen into some rocks, this is now fixed.
  • Fixed : Misplaced objects on Agios Antonios ( 027053, thanks to Granis on the BIForums ).
  • Fixed : Some ground texture was missing near Agios Antonios.
  • Fixed : The player could kill himself by climbing a ladder on Agios Antonios.
  • Fixed : ( Probably, not sure ) Crash of ArmA 3 after leaving Tilos in the editor.
  • Fixed : The industrial area had some misplaced structures.
  • Fixed : Some misplaced proxy all around the island.
  • Fixed : Wrong translations on the loading messages.
  • Fixed : Some strange bump near Megalo Chorio.
  • Fixed : Some RPT logs errors.
  • Fixed : Some little thing i've forgotten...
  • Added : Missing Server Keys files.
  • Added : New locations ( still under developement ):
  • - Agola Solar
  • - Mikero Chorio
  • - Livadia
  • - Poliana Forest
  • - Ghost Hotel ( near Livadia )
  • - The Spartan
  • - The Lydia ( submerged boat )
  • - Tilos Military Airport
  • - Center of Tilos
  • Added : 4 new loading messages.
  • Added : New addon description in the extension tab.
  • Added : Missing locations name on the map.
  • Added : +25.000 manually placed objects on Tilos.
  • Added : Missing cinematic on the main menu when the player leave Tilos. // Added at 20:44 currently broken sorry.
  • Added : Some new vegetation areas.
  • Added : Some new caves.
  • Added : Two new houses on Mikero Chorio ( near the church ).
  • Added : Some new houses on Agios Antonios.
  • Added : Some new houses near Plaka bay.
  • Added : Some new traffic signs.
  • Added : Some new underwater area.
  • Added : Taxiway for the Tilos Military airport.
  • Added : Compatibility with the OSD Function on Tilos ( Originally created by Jiri Wainar ).
  • Added : Normal Map.
  • Added : Missing path to leave the crevasse under the St. Peteilemon pontoon.
  • Added : Some new roads.
  • Added : New environement custom texture ( reflection in the glasses ).
  • Added : More wildlife ( bea, tuna, snakes... ).
  • Added : Custom color correction ( Zeus Module or by a simple call, read the documentation ) ( Thanks to Ice9 to have created this ).
  • Improved : Better mask mapping ( clutters ).
  • Improved : Satellite image.
  • Improved : Submarine heightmap part.
  • Improved : Water color.
  • Improved : Satellite image color ( more orange, dark and realistic for long range view ).
  • Improved : Underwater visibility.
  • Improved : Better FPS on the St. Peteilemon area.
  • Improved : Better FPS on the Megalo Chorio area.
  • Improved : Roads visibility on long distance.
  • Improved : Some bushes have been deleted on some flat area because the combat against an AI is too difficult.
  • Modified : Wave max size.
  • Modified : The Kart area have been removed.

• Tilos Island

This Greek Island with an area of ~67km² is located around 600km of South-East of Stratis.

Tilos has 4 military FOB located on the heights of the island and 1 little airfield in the North-West, Megalo Chorio and Livadhia are the two largest cities of the island wich Livadhia is the main town.

Tourism and fishing are the two main resources of the island, however, the armed forces of Tilos (TAF) regularly participate in air training with the AAF.

• Development

Current version : Beta 0.5

Next update : Beta 0.75 : Fix update and some location will be improved and finished ( Livadia for example )

If you want to see some pictures of Tilos, click here!

Beta screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/4tWKe#0

Download the beta 0.55 HOTFIX via Mediafire by clicking here.

or...

news_download_a3_3.png

banner-420x120.png

Credits & Thanks :

- ArmADeus Team for testing the map

- Bushlurker for its several tutorials (very helpful!:yay:)

- Mikero for its Mikero Tools

- Bohemia Interactive for the game and ArmA3Tools :cool:

- Map Maker community for their help

- [AD]Mike ( Ice9 ) for some documentation, beautiful screenshots, testing and feedback

Sorry for the possible spelling mistakes.

Have fun and feel free to post your feedback here :)

( Unfortunately, a bug with the Helicopter update prevents me to show the buildings on the satmap )

APL-SA.png

Edited by Anthariel
Beta update

Congrats on the release. Look forward to checking it out. Nice "back story" for it too, always a nice touch ;)

looks great! Also I like the shape of the island, think it could be a good map for CTI / big coop to clear the complete island.

Just checked the pic's and its looks very nice and also very much in line with the Stratis and Altis design... Hope you will continue the background story/info during your updates.. Looking forward to visiting the island this weekend :-)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Foxhound awesome! And Thanks to everyone for your comments :D

@GranQ : Yep! An AAS or CTI will be great on Tilos

@Lone.wolf : No worries about that :)

Edited by Anthariel

Just flyed around,and i must say i am impresed with this island :) Love it so far. You had so much atention to details that is awesome. I placed myself near hotel and ponds there finaly we have "pools" it is looking quiet nice,even in post war state :D Thank you cant wait to see what will come out in next 2 months :D

Very nice Island you have here bro! Just a couple questions! Do you plan on adding buildings to the map for us to see so we can plan LZs and such. The sat map is very plain. I know its an alpha so I'm just wondering if you plan on adding them in later? Other than that the island is fantastic and I can't wait to play some missions on it one day!

New mod v0.1-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Anthariel;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Looks great and still only alpha.

Can't wait to see a completed version. Up there with Imrali for fitting in with the whole A3 location.

hi great work on your release i was playing thru and had noticed some minor bugs when in the editor i had noticed that the buildings wernt displaying on the map however when you moused over them it showed they were there http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536259912156035574/863DEB5CE8A04B5EFFF289207F640C927BD453BF/ (210 kB) as well as with the terrain over lay on http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536259912156035663/26C3E8D81BD558C55B950E0303284372859A19D5/ (458 kB) i tried this with AIA and without it and then just base vanilla arma3 and when enabling the mod under the expansions it showed up as a double extension http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536259912156035856/0789E1AACB89BE458074B6AD3ED95796F5DED7CE/ (349 kB)

Thanks everyone!

@P0LARIS : As I said, there's a bug with the binarization with the new Helicopter DLC, the version of some PBO has been changed to 60, However PboProject of Mikero does not yet support it and the Binarization of AddonBuilder does not work for me.

@Sonsalt6 : Nice! Thanks you! :)

@FistoGames : Okay thanks, edited :)

@BioHazard3429 : For the buildings which do not appear it's the newest version of some PBO ( check my first reply on this post ), I hope this will be fixed for the UnderWater update! For the terrain overlay I'm not understand I think you mean it is a ground texture won't display? For the " double extension " I'll fix it thank you for your screens and take the time to post your feedback here! ;)

Downloading now. Congrats on the release, absolutely love new locations to play on. :cool:

Just did a quick SP mission on Tilos. Great map with loads of potential :cool:.

Downloading now to have a play, those pictures look really nice. How did you do the pool? I thought things like that weren't possible in A3.

@PenguinInATuxedo: Well... i read a lot of people grumbled like what it was impossible to create water areas above the water level, but it's totaly wrong.

When Bohemia have started altis, they created some P3D Models in the Map_Data_Altis.pbo of some lakes and rivers.

However, these models have a lot of problems like it impossible to swim to the surface, colours bug, waterline bug etc...

For Tilos i've tested a lot these models and i limited the water level in the torso of the player. For the waterline, you need a lot of coffee and test yourself each model in ArmA knowing that it can appear or not depending on the location of the P3D.

Anyway, thank you all for your encouraging feedback, I saw that a lot of people had a bug with a particular cave (the player fall under rocks) ... so I added water instead of the rocks :yay: I'll probably add another floor to the cave for a more intense PVP :) :

Feel free to give your thoughts or your ideas! I prefer to make a map with the ideas of the community rather than stay in my corner even if my english... sucks:p

Edited by Anthariel

this map looks so authentic it almost looks like an official terrain from BI! fantastic job on the narrow streets! I've looked at some pictures of Myrina (real-life version of Kavala) and those 2 towns have almost nothing to do with each other, but you managed to recreate those busy streets and bring that genuine Greek feel to the terrain. love it :)