firewill

F-16 Fighting Falcon Series Standalone

Great job with the aircraft, the rearming menu just makes it soo cool man. Congrats on release and have a happy new year!

J.C

Anyone else having issues with the PWS link ?

EDIT: Nevermind..a local issue on my end.

Edited by Sjaba

Anyone else having issues with the PWS link ?

EDIT: Nevermind..a local issue on my end.

yeah PWS link isnt working for me.i got it on steam workshop though.

yeah PWS link isnt working for me.i got it on steam workshop though.

PWS Link is mean Download link?

on PWS when i press "install" i get an error it says "invalid operation exception.sequence contains no elements"msg. why is there two downloads on steam but only one on PWS?

on PWS when i press "install" i get an error it says "invalid operation exception.sequence contains no elements"msg. why is there two downloads on steam but only one on PWS?

playwithsix or web version is mod folder, @F16C_Standalone.

but Steam is only one pbo per one subscribe, so make two files.

thanks Firewill ... nice to see it flying overhead.... great job...

Outstandig job, firewill, it was really a late christmas gift for all of us! All those new functionallities will push Arma3 boundaries on air combat/air-to-ground/SAM from now on... but as it is an alpha, it still needs many polishes and I´ll give you 4 major constructive feedbacks, from an ace-combat and flight enthusiast as yourself ;)

1- Manouverability: surely it is better than the average WIpeout/Neophron/Buzzard (and on par with F16C behaviour on combat flightsims as DCS and Falcon 4 BMS), but your F16C is less manouverable than other popular modded jets, such as Su-35/PAK-FA/FA-18X/FC-37... on a banking (fast sustained combat turn) the jets can perform a 360º turn on those times:

FC-37 - 11-12 sec

F/A-18X - 10-11 secs

SU-35 - 9-10 secs

PAK-FA - 10-11 secs

F-16C - 16-17 sec (pretty bad when compared with above jets =/ and slightly better than the Buzzard - 17-18 secs) It should be on par with the FC-37 at least...

I know a fast turning ratio makes the speed bleed fast, but John&Sauls jets does them fast and the afterburner recovers all bleeded sped in no time... consult them/their config to see how to make the F-16C behave the same way

2- Afterburner : that said above, the AFT (afterburner) on your F-16C is bahaving buggy just like Dezkit´s IVORY jets: instead of adding speed and mavourability (by giving extra engine power) it just makes the plane TREMBLE and kinda "holds it off" (the turn ratio gets WORSENED!), so again I´d advise to look at John&Sauls configs, they´ve made it right, their jets afterburners behave almost as real as it gets!

...and as posted before, the aft sound is too loud, it even mutes missile approach warnings, and again, look at John&Saul´s configs =)

3 - Keys shortcuts: pleeeeease, don´t let all those nifty awesome features of your F16C restrained to action menu, most of them are required on quick actions so you gotta have key fuctions to them, like afterburner on E key or Usercustom key 1 (like F/A-18E/F and X respectively), ECM on J key, etc... it will help gameplay a lot!

4 - loadout interface: it is really close to John&Sauls "Service Manu" but it has a major flaw - it is dependant of a mission editor module, or else you don´t get it... "Service Manu" is available whenever the plane is inside a bunker/hangar or has a hemmt truck - ammoservice - nearby, so please, consider introducing this behaviour to your F-16C, so when playing dynamic missions (where jet assets are SPAWNED, not previously placed on editor) or spawning jets with MCC or VVS, we can still use your loadout interface!

Again, congrats with this awesome fighter, and I hope I could help you make your mod to become one of the Arma3 greatests mods evah! ;)

cheers!

(PS: is the Korean Armed Forces mod still on development? look forward it too lol)

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

I like a more realistic approach when it comes to aircraft mods. In my opinion, your standard jet should not be able to out perform an F-22 in real life... (all of those mods above...) This one is just good. It doesn't feel over powered or ridiculous with maneuverability, but the Afterburner needs a bit of an improvement. It's more maneuverable than Vanilla aircraft, which is good, it's a fighter. But it's not turning on a dime like the other mods, which is almost as close to the turn circle of the kites in Battlefield 4. I love Ace Combat, but some things are best left for Ace Combat Skies, not so much Arma's skies.

Adding different countermeasure release bursts is as easy as pie. You just need to create a new burst in the cfgweapons for the flare launcher. I advice using a custom flare launcher rather than the vanilla (to avoid messing up 3rd parte addons).

Found a problem that causes Arma 3 to crash.

Have at least two F-16's in a mission. Then create multiplayer with at least 2 players in. Have both players go into each F-16. One person will have Arma 3 crashing to desktop after trying to enter it. Then if the other player goes into that particular jet, they'll crash to desktop to. But the other jet will still get in fine without crashing.

I like a more realistic approach when it comes to aircraft mods. In my opinion, your standard jet should not be able to out perform an F-22 in real life... (all of those mods above...) This one is just good. It doesn't feel over powered or ridiculous with maneuverability, but the Afterburner needs a bit of an improvement. It's more maneuverable than Vanilla aircraft, which is good, it's a fighter. But it's not turning on a dime like the other mods, which is almost as close to the turn circle of the kites in Battlefield 4. I love Ace Combat, but some things are best left for Ace Combat Skies, not so much Arma's skies.

Tend to agree with all of that, its capability should be scaled against the vanilla content rather than other mods, you just end up in an arms race otherwise.

;2848218']Outstandig job' date=' firewill, it was really a late christmas gift for all of us! All those new functionallities will push Arma3 boundaries on air combat/air-to-ground/SAM from now on... but as it is an alpha, it still needs many polishes and I´ll give you 4 major constructive feedbacks, from an ace-combat and flight enthusiast as yourself ;)

[b']1- Manouverability:[/b] surely it is better than the average WIpeout/Neophron/Buzzard (and on par with F16C behaviour on combat flightsims as DCS and Falcon 4 BMS), but your F16C is less manouverable than other popular modded jets, such as Su-35/PAK-FA/FA-18X/FC-37... on a banking (fast sustained combat turn) the jets can perform a 360º turn on those times:

FC-37 - 11-12 sec

F/A-18X - 10-11 secs

SU-35 - 9-10 secs

PAK-FA - 10-11 secs

F-16C - 16-17 sec (pretty bad when compared with above jets =/ and slightly better than the Buzzard - 17-18 secs) It should be on par with the FC-37 at least...

I know a fast turning ratio makes the speed bleed fast, but John&Sauls jets does them fast and the afterburner recovers all bleeded sped in no time... consult them/their config to see how to make the F-16C behave the same way

2- Afterburner : that said above, the AFT (afterburner) on your F-16C is bahaving buggy just like Dezkit´s IVORY jets: instead of adding speed and mavourability (by giving extra engine power) it just makes the plane TREMBLE and kinda "holds it off" (the turn ratio gets WORSENED!), so again I´d advise to look at John&Sauls configs, they´ve made it right, their jets afterburners behave almost as real as it gets!

...and as posted before, the aft sound is too loud, it even mutes missile approach warnings, and again, look at John&Saul´s configs =)

3 - Keys shortcuts: pleeeeease, don´t let all those nifty awesome features of your F16C restrained to action menu, most of them are required on quick actions so you gotta have key fuctions to them, like afterburner on E key or Usercustom key 1 (like F/A-18E/F and X respectively), ECM on J key, etc... it will help gameplay a lot!

4 - loadout interface: it is really close to John&Sauls "Service Manu" but it has a major flaw - it is dependant of a mission editor module, or else you don´t get it... "Service Manu" is available whenever the plane is inside a bunker/hangar or has a hemmt truck - ammoservice - nearby, so please, consider introducing this behaviour to your F-16C, so when playing dynamic missions (where jet assets are SPAWNED, not previously placed on editor) or spawning jets with MCC or VVS, we can still use your loadout interface!

Again, congrats with this awesome fighter, and I hope I could help you make your mod to become one of the Arma3 greatests mods evah! ;)

cheers!

(PS: is the Korean Armed Forces mod still on development? look forward it too lol)

Thanks your Advice, but just i need tell you about afterburner, i'm use JS&Saul Afterburner Script with Permission. just i'm modify of open&close engine nozzle and BigBig Loud Afterburner sound. i'm currently working about Afterburner.

and, loadout is just input the missilecarrier object in map. even f-16 is spawn during in the game from mcc or zeus, f-16 can use loadout anytime. just need missilecarrier object. that is also can place from zeus(mcc is don't, but mcc is can use zeus also.)

Keys Shortcuts, that is very convenience feature. but i worried about conflict with key binding. because i'm using of ArmA 2 key binding. other people is maybe arma 3 key binding or own key binding. j is check the task in my key. so, if i add some shortcuts and ecm key (like j), is will be conflict with check the task key. imagine, you press the ecm key(j) for evade the missile, but you see of Task screen. not funny situation.

similar situation, my friends using Countermeasure, is C key in ArmA 3 standard. but mcc dialog key is Same. and just they can't dropping flares and hit the missile.

maybe Shift + J is can be, but i'm fine of current using of action menu.

last maneuverability, is difficult problem. someone satisfied about current maneuverability, but someone not. that is balance problem, so very diffcult to adjust. but if need it, will be adjust it.

again, thanks your advice.

Firewill

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Found a problem that causes Arma 3 to crash.

Have at least two F-16's in a mission. Then create multiplayer with at least 2 players in. Have both players go into each F-16. One person will have Arma 3 crashing to desktop after trying to enter it. Then if the other player goes into that particular jet, they'll crash to desktop to. But the other jet will still get in fine without crashing.

can i have some error report?(arma3.rpt)

i'm have test during almost month, but i don't have any crash problem. also Multiplayer more than 2 players.

Great to know John&Saul are helping you with the afterburner issues =)

If I can place the missile carrier with Zeus, then it is fine =) But for a broader audience, maybe if you could make it work with the presence of hangar or service truck, it would be better... but it is already a great feature and you deserve many kudos for that!

The keys shortcuts don´t need to be exactly as I said, it was just examples, but you may add a userconfig so anyone can set any keys they may like or use the CBA custom keys per addon function, so the player can customize keys within the game, thou it requires CBA... or key combos as shift+J are a nifty idea too =)

About the mavouverability, maybe a "middle point": a small adjust, so it could turn on 13-14 secs, it is not as agile as modded fighters, but way better than CAS arma jets, as I´ve said, it is just 1 sec of turning ratio above buzzard, if It becomes slightly better, it would please all =)

Or maybe a poll - to see how many players prefer a close to real agility or agility on par with modded "adversaires" =)

and Thanks for being open to feedback, some modders are touchy with their creations, but you sir is a gentleman =D

cheers!

has anyone got one of these machines working on a server? my server seems to crash and i am not sure if this is causing it.

if using other addon? i'm already test for month with CBA and MCC, but working fine and have not crash problem(test members too)

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

made of custom Countermeasure launcer. this launcher have three modes, single, burst 1 and burst 2. burst 2 is 10 times dropping with very fast.

Hi Firewill,

I had one other suggestion. I like to start missions sometimes with the aircraft already in flight, with the F-18's I used the module in the editor called F-18X INIT script found in the object modifiers, it allows me to determine what is on each weapon pylon. I have found it great and thought it would be a great asset for your beautiful plane. Thanks

We have found and solved the issue. It appears that some new mods have not been synchronized to our network properly. Thanks again for the report.

The download is now available

Heya,

First, Thanks for the great Addon. I`ve noticed that with a Speed of 300-500 it can happen, while turning, that the F-16 gets into a Stall and falls down from the sky`s. Is that normal or a bug?

Chris

Hi, Firewall

First great model and mod creation work my compliments hope you can help me out with this one

ITS Saïd Alot of times but afterburner need Some tweaks and indeed sound stays after disabling it.

Manoeuvrebilty must be increased with afterburner activated..

Mayby real F16C sounds?! Instead of vanilla you take YouTube and find Some gopro Recordings of inside F16 cockpit flight and record that sound?! That gives à real realistic push with à high fluting sound :) there are Also Some with engine test you can take that sound rip.. And use it on the model?

Also I was wondering with textures I created à dutch skin for your F16C but had one issue I wanted to change the interieur Color Our interieurs are full black.. When I look info This one even after changing the textures the intirieur panels except voor the knobs and display"s is all White is this changeable? Becouse when I am flying it gives me the feel that I See the original untextured model inside of the plane.

Further great aircraft sorry for my bad english hope you understanding what I mean :)

Regards, Greddy

Really nice work and especially awesome of you to include the .psd files for making reskins - I spent a good hour or so playing around with different paint schemes after work yesterday.

I packed a couple of the ones I made for NATO F-16 operators in some .pbos if anybody's interested in having a go with them:
NATO F-16 skins

Contains addons for Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, Greece, Turkey and Portugal

Edited by da12thMonkey

Really nice work and especially awesome of you to include the .psd files for making reskins - I spent a good hour or so playing around with different paint schemes after work yesterday.

I packed a couple of the ones I made for European F-16 operators in some .pbos if anybody's interested in having a go with them:

F-16 skins

Contains addons for Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands and Norway

Just Super Awesome!

thanks the reskin!

I made a retexture in memory of the 30 F-16A ADFs of the italian air force, who served from 2003 to 2012.

37° Stormo - 18° Gruppo Caccia / 37th Wing - 18th Fighter Squadron ---------> V3 screenshots and changelog at page 10

V1 screenshots

10540w7.jpg

15mojnq.jpg

2hx2cn9.jpg

2jdgxn4.jpg

Download v3---------> DELETE THE OLD VERSION BEFORE USE THE NEW ONE ---------> V3 screenshots and changelog at page 10

Edited by Pinaz93