Sign in to follow this  
ir0n

[WIP] Highway (400km² Map)

picshot_bo.jpg

Author: ir0n

Requiements: AllInArmaTerrainPack; MBG Buildings 3 (included)

Version: 0.2.11 ALPHA

Signed: Yes, serverkey included

Description: WTF is Highway? Highway is a 400km² map which is placed in north Sweden. It´s a fictional map on the idea of the Wargame map "Highway to Hell".

But only the name is the same. I´m aiming to replace all those Arma 2 objects, so A3MP/AiA is not a requirement.

But this is a long way, but I hope you have fun with the map at the current stage :) ir0n

It´s not a map of Bohemia Interactive, IceBreakr, M1lkm8n, SmokeDog3 or one of these other awesome mapmaker. But I hope you like it.

Feature:

- 20x20km Map = 400km²

- Cellsize of 10 (<- will update by time)

- MBG Buildings 3 (by mondkalb)

- Airport with 3km/1,5km Runway and C17/B-747 Compatibility

- 3 Runways

- high clutter

- 3 military FOBs

Pictures are saying more than my bad English:

hw1_1.jpg hw2_1.jpg hw3_1.jpg

hw4_1.jpg hw7_1.jpg hw6_1.jpg

hw8_1.jpg hw10_1.jpg

Bugs/Known Issues:

This is a WIP never forget that!

- There a at the moment only 10 "citys"

Please report bugs here: info@ir0n.de

Roadmap:

v0.1: create Terrian & Satmap/Masklayer

v0.2: Forest, Citys, Villages

v0.3: Private Testing and more Details

v0.4: Powernet & better streets

v0.5: Public Release (BETA)

v0.6-v0.9: Community wishes and more details

v1.0: Finish the map

v1.1-v1.5: start to replace the Arma 2 objects

v1.6: replace the MBG Buildings

Installation:

Go here ->

Included files:

highway.pbo

mbg_buildings_3.pbo

Media:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DasIron

More pictures -> HERE

Special Thank to:

Bak0, Barandur, MiLC0RE, Greenman and mondkalb

also big thank to: Bohemia Interactive, PlaywithSix, Foxhound (Armaholic) and all those great people on the BI & Armaholic Forums :)

Changelog:

0.2.11 - Private Testing

Forum topics:

- BI forums

- Armaholic forums

- ir0n.de

Requirements:

- @AllInArmaTerrainPack

Download:

I dont recommend playing the map at the moment, but you can play missions in some parts of the map ;)

Download (Dropbox) -->

Edited by ir0n

YES, what ever this is, i don't give a damn, it's 400km, a MUST have! Looks good too! Can't wait!

I can see this map being really good. As long as it's given the right amount of love, for a 400X400km, it has alot of uses. Some roads as i've seen in screens could use some fixing, i saw a straight road with a sudden bend, assuming that may be the highway. Other suggestions, are making sure that it's well balanced in terms of objects in the world. Looks good so far, really can't wait for it to be finished, i need a big map that'snot dessert to fly around in, and this may be the key. :cool:

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

I bet it should be in subforum called ARMA 3 - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE, anyway great looking map :)

YES, what ever this is, i don't give a damn, it's 400km, a MUST have! Looks good too! Can't wait!

I can see this map being really good. As long as it's given the right amount of love, for a 400X400km, it has alot of uses. Some roads as i've seen in screens could use some fixing, i saw a straight road with a sudden bend, assuming that may be the highway. Other suggestions, are making sure that it's well balanced in terms of objects in the world. Looks good so far, really can't wait for it to be finished, i need a big map that'snot dessert to fly around in, and this may be the key. :cool:

It's not 400X400km, it's 400km² which makes it 20x20km.

Looks promising though.

Opps, hehe, yeah i realized ounce i was in game. However, this is really good, and spacey enough. Ir0n, may i suggest you take your time with this one to work on towns and such in more detail, it looks really good, and the mountains and such give it a nice atmosphere, as well as some of the lakes.

Opps, hehe, yeah i realized ounce i was in game. However, this is really good, and spacey enough. Ir0n, may i suggest you take your time with this one to work on towns and such in more detail, it looks really good, and the mountains and such give it a nice atmosphere, as well as some of the lakes.

I agree. Lots of potential on this one

Tested this and the map size is only 4km, not 40 or 400.

Tested this and the map size is only 4km, not 40 or 400.

Sry but the map size is really 20km x 20km (400km²) look here -> http://puu.sh/dUvnH/a519982423.png

Edited by ir0n

Phronk, you testing the right map.. even from the pics it's a lot bigger than 4km2 :-)

Yup, it's around 20K, takes me a good minute and a half to cross it going just over Mach 1. The map reminds me of a mini Taviana. But it's good. I especially love the combination of fields and forests.

Thanks for sending the early alpha version our way :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
fixed wrong user ID

Thanks for the headsup, fixed :)

It's a shame it's not based on the actual Wargame map lol.

Good job though :)

Highway is dead -.-

long live Highway 7 (Highway7 or in German: Autobahn 7; is the same road as in Celle 2 from mondkalb)

I completely restarted the project with some help an now it will be more based on the original Highway map from Wargame: European Escalation and so its now placed in Germany (around here: https://www.google.de/maps/@52.2399214,9.9369833,6763m/data=!3m1!1e3)

and here is a first look at the new satmap: HERE

and I´ve started a little bit with the object placing: HERE

Now 2 of my friends are helping me with the map so I think I wont take to much time, but at least it will take more than 2 months.

And I´ve started to learn modeling and texturing, but well, making a map is much more easier^^

its a long way, but in the end we want an good, German map for mbt´s and ifv´s

ir0n

(I´ve changed the map size to 10240x10240m and a cellsize of 5m)

and sry for the bad english

Highway is dead -.-

long live Highway 7 (Highway7 or in German: Autobahn 7; is the same road as in Celle 2 from mondkalb)

I completely restarted the project with some help an now it will be more based on the original Highway map from Wargame: European Escalation and so its now placed in Germany (around here: https://www.google.de/maps/@52.2399214,9.9369833,6763m/data=!3m1!1e3)

and here is a first look at the new satmap: HERE

and I´ve started a little bit with the object placing: HERE

Now 2 of my friends are helping me with the map so I think I wont take to much time, but at least it will take more than 2 months.

And I´ve started to learn modeling and texturing, but well, making a map is much more easier^^

its a long way, but in the end we want an good, German map for mbt´s and ifv´s

ir0n

(I´ve changed the map size to 10240x10240m and a cellsize of 5m)

and sry for the bad english

This is gonna be good!!! :D :D :D