Sign in to follow this  
hansen111

Zues ObjectEditor [script]

So i decided to release my Zues object editor script to save objects mappings made in zues, the script also loads object mappings in missions without Zeus being enabled.

The objects mappings are precise as the script uses VectorDir and VectorUp ect.

Zues ObjectEditor V.1.0

Author: Henrik Hansen

- If you are using my functions in a realease please leave a thank you note in the credits

Script Created To Have Easy Save Functions For Obects In Zues - And Being Able To Easily Create Those Saved Objects In Missions Without Zues

Install (example mission included):

- Extract rar file to your mission folder eg: missions\zues-objecteditor.Altis\

Usage (example mission included):

SAVING OBJECTS:

- Start the example mission and Press Zues key (default Y)

- Create/Edit your objects in Zues

- Save your objects to clipBoard by pressing radio alpha (0-0-1)

- Open notepad and paste content

- Save notepad file to missionfolder eg. "missions\zues-objecteditor.Altis\zeus_objecteditor\grabbedobjects\myobjects.sqf"

- Restart mission and your objects will be loaded into zues on mission start

LOADING OBJECTS IN MISSIONS (With Or Without Zues)

- in init.sqf insert lines in EXACT this order (ZOE_ObjectSaves must come before include line):

if (isServer) then {

ZOE_ObjectSaves = ["myobjects.sqf"];

#include "zeus_objecteditor\ZOE_Functions.sqf"

};

- copy the "zeus_objecteditor" folder (including your objects) to your mission folder, so you have:

missions\myMission.Altis\zeus_objecteditor\grabbedobjects\myobjects.sqf

DONE! You objects will be loaded on mission start

USING MULTIPLE OBJECTSAVE FILES

- in init.sqf put in the filenames eg. ZOE_ObjectSaves = ["myobjects.sqf","myobjects2.sqf"];

- all objects from both files will be created

DYNAMIC OBJECT CREATION / DELETION

- If you know a little bit of scripting you can dynamicly load/delete objects during missions and not on mission start:

- in init.sqf insert lines in EXACT this order (ZOE_Variables must come before include line):

if (isServer) then {

ZOE_ObjectSaves = ["myobjects.sqf","myobjects2.sqf"];

ZOE_DisableInit = true;

};

- To create objects on the fly do: "myobjects.sqf" call ZOE_Mission_CreateObjects;

- To delete objects on the fly do: "myobjects.sqf" call ZOE_Mission_DeleteObjects;

- All objects are preloaded on mission init so no extra load overhead is involved by calling these functions

Enjoy

Download DropBox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/te6n1h4b0blbhdq/zues-objecteditor.Altis.rar?dl=0

Edited by Hansen111
Multiplayer Information Updated

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Interesting way of doing things. Looks good, probably faster than my zeus mission builder that takes the time to build the whole mission.sqm for you (for compiling anyways), though I question how fast it will be to load in those objects on mission start if theres tons of them.

Interesting way of doing things. Looks good, probably faster than my zeus mission builder that takes the time to build the whole mission.sqm for you (for compiling anyways), though I question how fast it will be to load in those objects on mission start if theres tons of them.

Hi Ausin, it wont get any faster than reading an array, i tested it on huge objectbuilds, i havent come across anything yet that did it at same speeds. I also tested the functions in a objectstreaming scheme (destroying/creating objects on the fly based on player distance, also very fast. And yes it will be faster than yours, but thats because this is limited to saving/creating objects, no mission Building other than object creation / deleting. Yours have more features, but features always comes with a cost. Deciding what to use is entirely a matter of what the mission builder needs.

Great script, used it in my mp mission recently and worked good.

What doesn't worked good is I had two vehicles next to each other and next to a castle wall, and this script first spawns them, then rotates. What happened is my Icarus was spawned in such a way it was inside castle wall -> everything exploded. I placed my vehicles manually after that. Would be great to hmm maybe first spawn vehicles far away from map and then rotate them correctly, then move them to correct position on map. Or add allowDamage false when spawning? Dunno but anyway great script.

Ah also, you should not use this:

Cause when you do that in MP mission it will spawn every object times every player on map (for me it spawned like 40 of each object and lag was extreme). Instead this should be used in MP:

if (isServer) then {

}

Or just execute this like said in manual but not in init.sqf, instead in initServer.sqf - this file is launched only serverside, so only once also. Created objects after all should be only created on serverside. ;)

Hi gienkov, thank you very much for the feedback, i updated the description with your info.

Zues ObjectEditor was created for the main purpose of mapping objects (not vehicles though possible) in zues, save the mappings, recreate them and load them into zues so you can continue to edit. Secondly the script can create the mappings in missions, i did not test multiplayer so very good with feedback, thanks again.