bigpickle

Speed Of Sound Pure

Just wondering how I can get saved games to work with speed of sound pure? (If I create a SP scenario with SoS enabled it should then work?) I am guessing from previous discussion my steam workshop SP missions are unlikely to have saved games working unless they were created with SoS enabled? or did I misunderstand

Whenever saving and loading missions, you need to have the sames mods running at that time or the mission files will not load. So either start the mission with SOS or finish it without it ;)

---------- Post added at 00:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:08 ----------

SOS-pure & laxeman´s reverb mod are still my favorites!

I gotta agree, I'v been using this and recently tried JSRS and this has been working better for me. The only issues i have are the guns. I actually replaced your gun PBOs with others from a different mod and been liking it. Not sure if you have plans to change these in the future or not however.

I really like the hunters gun movement sound. I'll try to add some more feedback after actually testing different vehicles and such some more. Thanks

JCae

Thanks for the reply

But just to clarify - I play a lot of SP missions downloaded from steam workshop and have a lot of mods installed - are you saying that I need to have the same mods installed and running as the creator of the mission had which obviously I would not know unless there is a way to check (note my issue seems to be I can save during a SP mission but it will not load - also note between the original save and the attempt to load it can just be a few minutes and I make no changes to the mods I have enabled) therefore I can only think you mean I need the same mods enabled as when the mission was originally created by the 3rd party - if this is what you mean I guess many SP 3rd party made missions you will never be able to get saved games to work on unless there is a way to find out what mods were running when they were created?

Updated OP with hotfix 2, bringing the mod to version 1.2

If you have the orginial or 1.1 then all you need is hotfix 2, if this is your first time downloading then just get the full mod.

Enjoy

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Did you enjoy the changes? Changelog seems great!

I meant Awesome as in get in from work and have an update of one of my favorite mods to look forward too :) Unfortunately I haven't tried it yet :(, but the changelog looks promising indeed.

ps I'm getting a boner when that Huron flies in for support/extraction.... I though the SOS comanche would be the best vehicle sound I'd ever heard in Arma.

we are currently holding back on the latest update as we have received a potential request by the author.

Thank you very much for the praise guys. I hope you continue to enjoy my mod.

I've asked for my mod to come down from playwithsix at the moment, keeping control here on this thread and armaholic is what I want for now whilst the fixing and tweaking is going on, that way no mismatching is going to happen. I wasted a weekend chasing my tail with rpt files given to me from older versions. Once I'm over the wip hump and regular updating is done i will send it back to six.

Sorry if this causes inconvenice to some of the mods users but my time is very limited these days so I cant afford to make extra work for myself.

V1 didn't extract correctly and the full 1.2 version gave me two errors... One with katiba.pbo but it seems to be working great and have to say the click on empty and bomb drop sound are awesome...

keep it up :)

Only thing I'd suggest if increasing volume on the Jet engine sounds. Obviously jets irl are very loud, however sometimes when playing they go quite around 100m-200m away and it spoils the immersion a bit since you can see it but not hear it. Only feedback I have at this point.

I still think that the GAU-8 sounds really really underwhelming. Now it just sounds like a regular minigun and is in need of a little bit more punch.

Also dropping the GBU sounds more like I'm dropping Wiley Coyote off a cliff rather than a bomb. By which I mean that the bomb whistle sounds a bit cartoony and loud at the same time.

Just my opinion but the movement sounds i dont like and its very quiet. I think it was actually perfect on the original release. Not sure what others think? To bad i override the old files...

Thanks for the info about the bomb whistle it wasnt meant to be quite so loud, its also combined with other sounds too so it needed balancing a little more. Its corrected and in the bag for update 3.

BP is there a way u can turn down or remove the flies noise from recently dead people. It is just really loud if you start getting a few bodies pulled up on top of each other. It really starts to sound more like a hornets nest than flies.

If it's in there for reasons like breaking point then I'll survive. Just was wondering as its probably the most noticeably out of place sound for me atm.

Played this and then Dragonfyre and alls I can say is: glad to have two awesome sound mods on my HD :p

Have to agree with the guys above about birds and flies - not that they should be removed, just modified abit. I don't know if you can match config to mission parameters, Im assuming you can because of night birds so wondering if possible to lower volume of night birds and delay the flies sound. Best would be seasonal as well as time of day ie Summer mornings -strong bird chirp, middle of night winter,wolves...?

Love the recent patch as guns sounds louder and punchier.

Thank you very much for the praise guys. I hope you continue to enjoy my mod.

I've asked for my mod to come down from playwithsix at the moment, keeping control here on this thread and armaholic is what I want for now whilst the fixing and tweaking is going on, that way no mismatching is going to happen. I wasted a weekend chasing my tail with rpt files given to me from older versions. Once I'm over the wip hump and regular updating is done i will send it back to six.

Sorry if this causes inconvenice to some of the mods users but my time is very limited these days so I cant afford to make extra work for myself.

Greetings,

just noticed your post here. It appears there might be a bit of a miss-perception on how withSIX works :)

By default users who subscribe to a mod will always update to the latest mod automatically. Our support team is always vigilant and thanks to all the supporters we are able to publish and sync all the latest mods almost instantly.

Only when users manually select a previous version, or lock it, either because the community wants to schedule the updates or because of compatibility reasons the update to the latest version won't be automatically. In all other cases we are proud to say that all our users can get the latest content without any hassle fast and automatic :)

I hope this helps to clear things up.

Best regards

Hahaha I was bitching PWS for sudently stop recognizing this mod. I mean I was sure I had used it to verify the previous install but I was starting to doubt myself, and there was just a fubarded update of PWS itself, so... But I guess it's all sorted out now :).

Played this and then Dragonfyre and alls I can say is: glad to have two awesome sound mods on my HD :p

Have to agree with the guys above about birds and flies - not that they should be removed, just modified abit. I don't know if you can match config to mission parameters, Im assuming you can because of night birds so wondering if possible to lower volume of night birds and delay the flies sound. Best would be seasonal as well as time of day ie Summer mornings -strong bird chirp, middle of night winter,wolves...?

Love the recent patch as guns sounds louder and punchier.

Flies thing is a bit of an issue, 1 body very quiet lots of bodies is very loud. Without making 1 bodie almost silent i dont know how to get around this but i'll tweak the levels somemore. Nighttimes should only have night effects like owls crickets wolves etc so i'll look into that one its indeed possible i messed up.

Oh yeah i forgot to mention have a listen out for the low end echo splash back when firing weapons, most noticable on suppressed weapons for obvious reasons.

Flies thing is a bit of an issue, 1 body very quiet lots of bodies is very loud. Without making 1 bodie almost silent i dont know how to get around this but i'll tweak the levels somemore. Nighttimes should only have night effects like owls crickets wolves etc so i'll look into that one its indeed possible i messed up.

I dunno about 1 body being very quiet but maybe its the specific sound used. But one body with flies would be normally pretty quiet depending on how long the body has been there. And it definitely shouldnt be audible over the sound of gunfire and explosions. Unless your laying on the body. :butbut:

I think it might be just the specific sound used. It sounds more like horseflies than the types of flies which typically lay their eggs on decaying animals. But that's just my perspecitive on the flies.

10/10 haven't heard the new environment sounds since (I just got used to the default arma sounds and actually really like them) but great job man. Perfectly balanced sounds. The only thing I would look into next is maybe the helicopter rattling sounds at high speeds, they seem a bit high. As if the bolts for the hull is hardly pressed on =P

Edited by mythlawlbear