Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Precise AI Movement

Hi all, just out of interest, does anybody know if there's a way to make a unit move to an exact position? The trouble I'm having, is that it's getting spooked by nearby units and the pathfinding is going crazy - is there a way to make the unit follow its path as if those units were not even there? It's a road vehicle, so the unitCapture command is not ideal!

Hi all, just out of interest, does anybody know if there's a way to make a unit move to an exact position? The trouble I'm having, is that it's getting spooked by nearby units and the pathfinding is going crazy - is there a way to make the unit follow its path as if those units were not even there? It's a road vehicle, so the unitCapture command is not ideal!

You could try to disable most AI features and set it to careless mode, something like:

_unit disableAi "FSM";
_unit disableAi "TARGET";
_unit disableAi "AUTOTARGET";
_unit setCombatMode "BLUE":
_unit setBehaviour "CARELESS";
group _unit enableAttack false;

Unsure if this will bring you the desired effect, but might be worth a try.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, Neokika! I'll certainly give it a go! Again, many thanks!

Maybe create a waypoint but make completion radius small. I think default completion radius is rather large.

@Killzone_Kid - awesome, good idea - I'll try that too! Sadly, Neokika's suggestion didn't achieve the desired effect, so I'll give that a bash!

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

Ah, unfortunately, that didn't work either! Thanks all the same! :)

by default, BIS should add infinite wheel spin anims for cars/tanks so they can go linear distances without interruptions.

When I deal with these situations I tend to make the driver / pilot civillian or at least from a faction that's not hostile to the nearby units. Did that a few times with pilots dropping units / paratroopers so they stay on course and don't try to land or engage the enemies (and eventually end up crashing somehow).

Try to add more waypoints to the goal. I had some problems with that, but I added like 100 waypoints to a distance of 500m and it worked.

@All - thanks for the suggestions! I'll certainly give them a go! :)