Sign in to follow this  
reyhard

RHS Compatibile CAF Aggessors Config

RDS CAF Aggressors Compatibility patch 1.1 - Download

Requires:

*CAF Aggressors Mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24441

*RHS: Escalation http://rhsmods.org/

As I promised before, here is config file which add certain compatibility between RHS & CAF Soldier + few enhancements. I use a little bit different version (replacement one which also removes unused models & textures, thus removing filesize but it's rather obvious I can't release it public).

Changes from original file:

• Adds Independent faction variant for each aggressors
  • Adds Zeus compatibility
  • Adds author param to all units "CAF MOD team" so it's visible in editor
  • Adds RHS compatible weapons (using rhs damage system & magazines)
  • Remaked A2 Ported weapons with few fixes comparing to original CAF weapons & ability to mount rhs accessories + RPG18
  • Tweaked infantry config: CBA comp, proper nameSounds per unit type, different cost

There might be plenty of bugs already, yet some small improvements are planned like adding some rhs gear to east europen rebels, adding aa soldiers or mechanized & motorized groups using rhs decals system or rds static weapons & tank pack.

enjoy, there are

missions that use that addon and I should be able to field them to wider audience soon :)

Credits:

*CAF Mod Team

*BIS

*reyhard

RDS Tank Extension Pack - Aggressors 1.3 (mistake in version number)

requires RDS Tank Pack

Edited by Reyhard

thanks alot man! really needed this :)

+1

You've done an outstanding job Reyhard, as always :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

is it really escalation that is needed or is the russian forces thingy enough?

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Reyhard;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Already kinda did this myself but you've gone a step further. The only think I ask is that you change the factionClasses for each side so it will be compatible with mission frameworks like ALiVE. For examle, OPFOR Rebel faction class is caf_ag_eeur_r which is also the same for INDFOR.

This is great, hope the Alive compatibility comes soon. Would be nice to have the groups as well so we can have Alive spawning groups of Armor and the like!

Excellent! Do you have plans to add CDF & Takistani units in the future?

Okay, some suggestion noted & realized

Changelog for RDS CAF Aggressors Compatibility patch 1.1:

*added ALIVE support

Changelog for RDS Tank Extension Pack - Aggressors 1.3: (mistake in version number)

*added Alive compatibile groups

*added independent factions (needs Compatibility patch!)

In progress:

Motorized groups utilizing rhs uaz, ural, gaz66 & bis kamaz

Mechanized groups using rhs t72 obr 84 & 85, bmp1/2 and bmd1/2

Inf using rhs helmets & vests

AA soldier

Edited by Reyhard

==================================================

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Awsome! Small issue though, I placed the Eastern European Rebels Faction as an Independent enemy as I am making an Alive mission with RHS Russian pack. It spawned the groups great, however the groups are Pirates and the BMPs are not, and they began engaging each other. I am guessing that it is spawning some as Independent and some as OPFOR. Thanks for the great work though, I have been waiting for an Independent force for some time! No Idea why everyone always makes everything BLU or OPF all the time.

Edited by Roman6Alpha

Thanks for the additional info Reyhard :)

================================================

Hey buddy, thank you for the quick update! However the bad news is that it does not work. I should have explained ALiVE compatibility a bit more in depth than what I did. I feel that it is not compatible because of the current file structure. Here is how to make units compat with ALiVE.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Unit_Mod_Config_Standardisation

Yaaay finally i can shoot someone that isn't an AAF soldier with my russians lol.

Not working for friends at all. No new independant factions. No RHS weapon used. Lack of explicationq into readme.

Is it another addon ? (try with that) Need to replace files into Agressors ? RHS?

Good idea by the way. And : Where is the mission seen into video ?????!!!???!!! Need it!

Is it possible in a future version, of course, to perhaps make this config compatible with the HLC AK config? The HLC weapons are amazing for the Aggressors, but the added RHS support and independent factions would be awesome too.

Is it possible in a future version, of course, to perhaps make this config compatible with the HLC AK config? The HLC weapons are amazing for the Aggressors, but the added RHS support and independent factions would be awesome too.

This would be great to see as well though I don't see it happening as they want to have RHS stuff, as they should since it's their product. IMO I like the RHS AKs but they are unusable with the iron sights the way they are which is unfortunate.

Currently HLC AK weapons are not compatible with ALiVE. (breaks some backend having to do with CQB and Mil Objectives I believe.)

I was not aware of that. I have been using HLC with Alive over the last month or so and didn't notice an issue. I do have issues with Alive though I thought they where from my mistakes at setup. Maybe this was the issue. That is bad news as I love HLC weapons.

This would be great to see as well though I don't see it happening as they want to have RHS stuff, as they should since it's their product. IMO I like the RHS AKs but they are unusable with the iron sights the way they are which is unfortunate.

Dewd, i'm playing on 21,5" monitor with 1920x1080 resolution (sampling=100%), and i have NO problem in using RHS AK-74M's ironsights. In fact i use tem 99% of the time. I really don't get where you people see the problem O_O

Dewd, i'm playing on 21,5" monitor with 1920x1080 resolution (sampling=100%), and i have NO problem in using RHS AK-74M's ironsights. In fact i use tem 99% of the time. I really don't get where you people see the problem O_O

As I said, in my opinion. To me there more or less is no sight on them so I do not like using them. I also said that I like the RHS AKs, I just prefer the HLC ones. If you can use them and enjoy them congratulations.

Hey buddy, thank you for the quick update! However the bad news is that it does not work. I should have explained ALiVE compatibility a bit more in depth than what I did. I feel that it is not compatible because of the current file structure. Here is how to make units compat with ALiVE.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Unit_Mod_Config_Standardisation

Could you maybe explain what is wrong? I used ARJay script for compatibility testing and everything seem to work fine there. Structure is same as in that wiki link

12:32:14  ----------- Faction Compatibility ----------- 
12:32:14 Checking compatibility for faction: caf_ag_eeur_r
12:32:14 
12:32:14  ----------- CfgFactionClass ----------- 
12:32:14 Checking faction is found in CfgFactionClasses
12:32:14 faction found in CfgFactionClasses. Display: East Europe - Rebels Side: East
12:32:14  ----------- CfgGroups ----------- 
12:32:14 Checking faction has a direct relationship to CfgGroups entry
12:32:14 faction found in CfgGroups >> East >> caf_ag_eeur_r
12:32:14 Checking standardised naming convention for CfgGroup categories
12:32:14 CfgGroups category: Infantry is a standard group category
12:32:14 CfgGroups category: Motorized is a standard group category
12:32:14 CfgGroups category: Mechanized is a standard group category
12:32:14 Checking individual CfgGroups entries for the faction
12:32:14 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/EAST/caf_ag_eeur_r/Infantry/10_men_eeur_r
12:32:14 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/EAST/caf_ag_eeur_r/Infantry/8_men_eeur_r
12:32:14 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/EAST/caf_ag_eeur_r/Infantry/6_men_eeur_r
12:32:14 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/EAST/caf_ag_eeur_r/Infantry/4_men_eeur_r
12:32:14 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/EAST/caf_ag_eeur_r/Motorized/Technicals_eeur_r
12:32:14 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/EAST/caf_ag_eeur_r/Motorized/Technicals2_EEUR_r
12:32:14 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/EAST/caf_ag_eeur_r/Mechanized/rds_group_eur_r_bmp1_squad
12:32:14 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/EAST/caf_ag_eeur_r/Mechanized/rds_group_eur_r_bmp1p_squad
12:32:14 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/EAST/caf_ag_eeur_r/Mechanized/rds_group_eur_r_bmp2_squad
12:32:14 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/EAST/caf_ag_eeur_r/Mechanized/rds_group_eur_r_bmp2gue_squad
12:32:16 
12:32:16  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
12:32:16  ----------- Faction Compatibility ----------- 
12:32:16 Checking compatibility for faction: caf_ag_eeur_ri
12:32:16  ----------- CfgFactionClass ----------- 
12:32:16 Checking faction is found in CfgFactionClasses
12:32:16 faction found in CfgFactionClasses. Display: East Europe - Rebels Side: Indep
12:32:16  ----------- CfgGroups ----------- 
12:32:16 Checking faction has a direct relationship to CfgGroups entry
12:32:16 faction found in CfgGroups >> Indep >> caf_ag_eeur_ri
12:32:16 Checking standardised naming convention for CfgGroup categories
12:32:16 CfgGroups category: Infantry is a standard group category
12:32:16 CfgGroups category: Motorized is a standard group category
12:32:16 CfgGroups category: Mechanized is a standard group category
12:32:16 Checking individual CfgGroups entries for the faction
12:32:16 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/INDEP/caf_ag_eeur_RI/Infantry/10_men_EUR_I
12:32:16 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/INDEP/caf_ag_eeur_RI/Infantry/8_men_EUR_I
12:32:16 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/INDEP/caf_ag_eeur_RI/Infantry/6_men_EUR_I
12:32:16 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/INDEP/caf_ag_eeur_RI/Infantry/4_men_EUR_I
12:32:16 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/INDEP/caf_ag_eeur_RI/Motorized/Technicals_eeur_RI
12:32:16 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/INDEP/caf_ag_eeur_RI/Motorized/Technicals2_afr_p
12:32:16 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/INDEP/caf_ag_eeur_RI/Mechanized/rds_group_eur_ri_bmp1_squad
12:32:16 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/INDEP/caf_ag_eeur_RI/Mechanized/rds_group_eur_ri_bmp1p_squad
12:32:16 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/INDEP/caf_ag_eeur_RI/Mechanized/rds_group_eur_ri_bmp2_squad
12:32:16 Checking Group: bin\config.bin/CfgGroups/INDEP/caf_ag_eeur_RI/Mechanized/rds_group_eur_ri_bmp2gue_squad

@ Devil Dogs SF - I was thinking to create model & reload anim replacement for those a2 ported weapons as they are not best looking but I'm not sure how well attachments are going to work with it.

There aren't many attachments for AKs in the A2 samples, if you want more you'd have to model them yourself.