Sign in to follow this  
theevancat

Turrets (Proxy?)

So I've been thinking about setting up some turrets on a vehicle I've been porting over and I'm wondering if there's a possibility to add A3 turrets via proxy (partly to reduce effort and partly to standardize the arsenal since it's designed to mesh with vanilla A3.) If it's possible, how could it be done? Including configging and stuff, of course.

This is a bit more difficult than it seems as there are no proxy models done yet, all the turrets on current vehicles are part of the respective models. That would mean You need to create Your own models for the proxies, and have proxies for all sides as changing textures doesn't work on proxies. If You still want to do that, I would recommend creating just the "head" of the turret as a proxy as it is not possible to animate anything in the proxy itself, just the whole proxy. I hope this helps, even if it's possibly not the answer You were looking for :icon_twisted:

Does anyone know what the config entry 'animated=' does in the proxy definition of cfgnonaivehicles?

It sounds interesting but if I set it to 'true' my proxy disappears...