Sign in to follow this  
Redphoenix

HEMTT Boat Lifter

Ever wondered what would be a decent use for the HEMTT Mover?

Well, here it is:

http://abload.de/img/render02aukq7.jpg

A friend of mine had this crazy idea one morning, so I palced both of them into the editor, started drawing a little bit, and eventually had a model (Big render 2mb)

http://abload.de/img/render235kueh.jpg

There's some polishing missing, and I'm still missing the four hydraulic beams to let the lifter stand on his own feet as well as some boards to help pulling up the boat.

This model is totally fictional.

Looks cool.

Nice little touch to actually have the Mover do something useful

How do you plan to have it function?

will you actually have to backup into the water a bit and then have it detach? or will it "spawn" the boat behind the HEMTT when you unload it?

love the idea, model looks really nice as well. Just love logistic mods.

How do you plan to have it function?

will you actually have to backup into the water a bit and then have it detach? or will it "spawn" the boat behind the HEMTT when you unload it?

love the idea, model looks really nice as well. Just love logistic mods.

Note quit sure how I will do it, but somehow like you said it's going to be.

This is cool...we need a map that has river systems and lakes and stuff.

Too bad we don't have any trailers to tow around. I'm not sure that the game engine would really support that too well. Oh well this is pretty cool!

Too bad we don't have any trailers to tow around. I'm not sure that the game engine would really support that too well. Oh well this is pretty cool!
Forget cool, the "boat lifter" concept is useful​ for gameplay purposes.

Trailers would be awesome and it looks like most vehicles have attachment points for them. I would expect a lot of flying vehicles if trailers ever showed up. Think about how easily you can get ARMA'ed ....and now attach a trailer... >_<.

Would it be possible to create articulated trailers though?

There's a mod that adds towing vehicles with airport logistics - it looks great but I haven't tried it. Is their towing articulated? (ie if the towing vehicle turns to one side, will the trailing cargo follow an arc or remain a rigid extension of the front vehicle?

Would it be possible to create articulated trailers though?

There's a mod that adds towing vehicles with airport logistics - it looks great but I haven't tried it. Is their towing articulated? (ie if the towing vehicle turns to one side, will the trailing cargo follow an arc or remain a rigid extension of the front vehicle?

There are some modders trying to create a decent articulated towing:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183149-Rope-Feature-Discussion-Feedback-(dev-branch)

Yeah, it looks kinda weird.

dezkit will help me bringing it ingame, which shouldn't be too difficult as it's only going to be a itemX object.

Man im amazed at how fast you guys can throw together 3d models sometimes. Looks amazing.

Could you use the new sling ropes to winch a boat on the trailer? ;)

wont work