silola

X-Cam prototype map

I would really appreciate a YES or NO answer to this:

Once this is released, would X-CAM be the way to go with creating new maps?

Either way, it is bloody impressive what you have going on here... I've just got my fingers crossed it can be used in some degree to populate maps with everything from trees to buildings... :)

I think that it would be the "go to" tool for natural and artificial object placement.... IE trees,bushes,signs,walls,buildings etc.

I get the impression that TB will still be needed/used to setup the terrain layers and surfaces themselves, and obviously for the final assembly/packing....

But using TB to place down objects would seem like a fool's task with this available.

I think that it would be the "go to" tool for natural and artificial object placement.... IE trees,bushes,signs,walls,buildings etc.

I get the impression that TB will still be needed/used to setup the terrain layers and surfaces themselves, and obviously for the final assembly/packing....

But using TB to place down objects would seem like a fool's task with this available.

I'm actually holding off building most of my map up until I have this at my finger tips, that evil white cube can go back to the depths of hell from which it spawned.

I'm thinking that X-Cam just might be the thing that gives me the final push to try and build my own terrain, very impressive stuff indeed.

Hi,

the X-Cam does not replace the Terrain Builder. You must still create the basic data of the terrain in TB.

But it's much easier to place and handle all the objects (in my opinion).

And additionally you can work in MP. And this is really a big advantage, which also makes a lot of fun :p

Here some more pictures of the current progress ...

XRGGqt6.jpg[/img]

jLlddha.jpg[/img]

OpyBO6M.jpg[/img]

x7m2nCs.jpg[/img]

xgIJQbw.jpg[/img]

j9B7s2c.jpg[/img]

I9ifxMe.jpg[/img]

ggMxjTR.jpg[/img]

>>>

>>>

ZT2XOmW.jpg[/img]

rACXSYz.jpg[/img]

IFr2rUW.jpg[/img]

XoksUnV.jpg?1[/img]

0xicu93.jpg[/img]

Mt1pWmX.jpg[/img]

4sE9K0a.jpg[/img]

QCohdOi.jpg[/img]

Greeting

Silola

Edited by Silola

Oh my sweet baby Jesus... this is fantastic man..! :)

When the day finally dawns that I can start placing object in NOVA ZONA, it is with this tool that I'll do it- really really impressive Silola..!

At least release a WIP version and stop being such a tease ;) great work can't wait to use XCAM. It looks like this will make creating underwater terrain much easier :) so that we can have nice little AOs down there as well?

Oh baby a triple, :cool: detailed urban areas, great nature and even looks like it has a good expanse of sea to work with, great work.

Ok that's it, I'm doing a Ghost Recon campaign remake on this!

Brilliant tool, but that map is just insane!

ETA for release?

A Ghost Recon remake? Oh yeah...

A Ghost Recon remake? Oh yeah...

Yes. I can see it already on this map. A blend of desert Siege and Island Thunder type missions

Who asks for ETA?

Ok, new pictures ...

b5VIHF8.jpg[/img]

HOg3TT8.jpg[/img]

maDGZoM.jpg[/img]

hC6i20E.jpg[/img]

lKwUIhc.jpg[/img]

ZjA6Gy5.jpg[/img]

I07NxwN.jpg[/img]

XHHcqlL.jpg[/img]

Silola

this is amazing. i hope it runs well. object density looks quite high in some places.

will you post even more pictures, if i ask for release again right now? :p just kidding ofc.

seeing how polished this already looks i can tell that the wait will be worth it.

BI will be first in the queue to use this once released!

LOL :D

Nice work guys looking really nice keep it up!

-Raid @ ADF Team

Sell it to BI, it trumps any terrain they've created.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

My God, those images are Polling Center map from Ghost Recon: Island Thunder!!

I'm going to find screenshots keeping in mind IT came out in about 2003?

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

God bless GR!

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

This map will be my inspiration to remake a full campaign, so excited right now!

Don't expect too much performance, as this map is more of a exhibit and/or showcase of what you can do with the xCam. And furthermore a way to find bugs and things to improve for the xCam itself.

Yeah, the map had little objects like cans and drills placed down I'm pretty sure it is going to be super detail but at the price of performance.

Hi,

it's no secret that many details need more performance, and few details need less performance.

Maybe it's an option to create two different versions: one version with high object density

and one version with normal object density.

I will think about it :confused:

WuM9YY9.jpg[/img]

hD7WjSf.jpg[/img]

D3TICOr.jpg[/img]

Dc7Y49T.jpg[/img]

iECzN6e.jpg[/img]

In7rUC5.jpg[/img]

AhmqBZf.jpg[/img]

fINc9Dm.jpg[/img]

Greeting

Silola