Sign in to follow this  
lodac

A3Wasteland and ExtDB development

We are finding limitations to adding more servers in our cliché for persistent (Player information for persistent. Vehicles and objects are only stored per server) across all servers. We are seeking for developers to provide a bid to topwasteland (at) gmail.com or here.The bid will be for all items completed below unless specified otherwise. Please provide a timeline of completion and cost of project.

Implement extDB as an option for saving, directly to mysql.

Provide the ability to have multiple servers interface with one database (mysql).

Once completed, the code would be released to AgentRev for option to include into the main release. We hope this will help alleviate some of the work load upon AgentRev. We are interested in furthering the development of A3Wasteland. For more information from the developers of A3Wasteland and ExtDB, please email us or visit the a3wasteland forum. http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=385.0

Sorry this was posted in another thread, I was unable to create a new thread at the time of that posting. for sanity checks, I created it's own thread for organization and exposure.

I hope people charge tens of thousands for this, as it seems like wasteland server owners are really coining it in!

I hope people charge tens of thousands for this, as it seems like wasteland server owners are really coining it in!

Well in that case $850

why so negative. he want's to get something developed which will be open-sourced afterwards.

as the knowledge on how to do this is very specific he even want's to pay for that.

i also run a a3wasteland server and would look forward to such a feature (although our server is donated by 5 ppl paying for hardware and housing) and we don't accept donations. so i couldn't offer money for getting this task done.

We, Lodac and Geniusness, have never coined in on anything from wasteland. We setup a A3Wasteland server with other scripts from the community and along with our own modifications. Two main reasons we setup our own servers was, we continued to get kicked from another server to make room for their friends and we wanted to get into some action a little bit faster. We figured the server would be full, one day, and we would like to see a way to interface with the information from the game via php/mysql. We have very little experience with Arma, being that Arma 3 is the first game we played of the Arma series.

Being new to the community, we only want to help contribute in the means that we are able too and that being with money.

Well in that case $850

Please let me know how to get in contact with you, if that is in all seriousness.

We, Lodac and Geniusness, have never coined in on anything from wasteland. We setup a A3Wasteland server with other scripts from the community and along with our own modifications. Two main reasons we setup our own servers was, we continued to get kicked from another server to make room for their friends and we wanted to get into some action a little bit faster. We figured the server would be full, one day, and we would like to see a way to interface with the information from the game via php/mysql. We have very little experience with Arma, being that Arma 3 is the first game we played of the Arma series.

Being new to the community, we only want to help contribute in the means that we are able too and that being with money.

Please let me know how to get in contact with you, if that is in all seriousness.

That was not actually a serious thing, I would probably do it for free given that I started Wasteland and all. I would just need to get familiar with the file structure. From what I read you already use a iniDB implementation and swapping that out for extDB would not actually be that much of a challenge unless of course its implementation is pretty bad.

Edited by Tonic-_-

That was not actually a serious thing, I would probably do it for free given that I started Wasteland and all. I would just need to get familiar with the file structure. From what I read you already use a iniDB implementation and swapping that out for extDB would not actually be that much of a challenge unless of course its implementation is pretty bad.

Tonic, I appreciate your effort and response to our request. If there is anything that we can do to help the development along with moving from inidb to extdb, please let me know. We can provide development servers for your use to test the changes, and further more, we would be happy to provide you with whatever it is that you might need, within reason.

Thanks in advance for your help.