.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

To be honest the only difference I remeber is that United Sahrani has radio station east of Bagango :D

But yeah one great version with all SMD enterable buildings and stuff would be awesome.

Thanks you very much to everyone involved in this.

As an avid user of SMD's Sahrani in A3, I guess I'll be stuck with A3MP + SMD's Sahrani for a long time. But for Takistan and Cherna I'm sure I'll be using this pack. Luckily, A3MP still works fine for SMD's Sahrani :yay:.

Hey I'm interested in assisting this project, I've been working on my own improvements of the A2 content since it's release and I've reached some results which can be seen here:

imgur.com/a/GIgPs

Feel free to contact me here or on steam, thanks.

I have yet to give this a try, but have been watching the threads about this a lot. I saw somebody mentioning SMD enter-able buildings and stuff, I had the chance to beta test the new port over made by CiforDayZServer before I got sick and it was amazing , door's open, shutters close was the best one I have ever seen. Maybe he would be willing to help, just a thought. I also want to say what a great job you guys are doing trying to make this work, my hat's off to you and this community as a whole.

Twiztid

woah!

Guys, contact pansyfaust, look at that imgur link.

Wow some really cool lighting work there, nice.

Please collab with him that looks great

SIX really needs to happen, this is so big in download size that half of the files currupt downloading off the browsers, SIX i dont have that problem

PM sonsalt6, he always responds when I pm him.

He is one of the guys that uploads stuff to pws.

Note that I think he is german, so he will probably respond at a time that he gets on in Germany.

This really is awesome, Only map I have tried so far is Takistan and immediately I was blown away with the quality of the map. The dust, footprints all the cool little bits that you miss really blew me away. Thank you so much. Cheers.

First off all your feedback is very much appreciated and please excuse the delayed response!

The limited inet while on a business trip makes it a bit challenging..

However I wanted to get this out to you guys finally to allow you to break it and find the issues we have missed. :o

The plan is to have an update out for reported problems the coming weekend.

Again thanks a lot to everyone and have some patience please until I get to respond to your comment. :bounce3:

@ "Where is the PWS download"?

Unfortunately there has been some delay getting it on PWS.

However it should be available by now.

Edit: For some reason it doesnt turn up in search - forwared the problem. Here are the download pages:

http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods/allinarmaterrainpack

http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods/allinarmaterrainpacklite

@ "Waterline" in custom terrains

Probably the specific terrain has ponds as part of its own object pack.

Maybe it is possible to have an A3 version without those of it as workaround.

Please name the specific terrain, the location it happens and contact the author for an update.

@ HitmanTwoActual

There will be one or multiple such packs from CUP. These will be used by AiA SA,

yet no separate AiA package as all the work for those has been done by CUP members or contributors.

@ Ckrauslo

There is none. :) You have misunderstood some other comments it seems. See my response directly above.

@ Zukov

You need the object data in any case. Either you get this from A3MP, AiA TerrainDataPack or AiA SA.

It would be very problematic to make a standalone pack for each terrain as they share most of the data.

Does this answer your question?

@ evil-organ

There will be an announcement next week. :bounce3:

@ serjames

Good thinking ;)

I will take a look at Clafgan. Probably it has ponds as part of its own object pack.

Maybe it is possible to have an A3 version without those of it as workaround.

@ ColonelMolerat

Do you mean this problem?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15629

Please upload the arma3 rpt of sessions with missing files for me to look into.

@ SLAP0

A2/OA data have AI view block. Do you speak of that or of A1 vegetation?

@ EvroMalarkey

Amazing as always - you rock! And indeed your mod should work and brush up the presentation of those

community made terrains. :)

@ Kerc Kasha

Darn .. will try to fix this ASAP! Thanks a bunch for the research!

@ darshyne

Yes this works fine. Only make sure to have both keys on the server, if you use the signature system.

@ goose4291

Did you try the "project to be named" yet? I think they also have a terrain only pack, don't they?

Aside from that we have a WIP OFPIP pack to be released eventually. However the quality might too low for most.

@ Zukov

I guess it will become available also on armaholic soon. :)

@ beastcat

Please upload the arma3.rpt of sessions with errors.

CTD you have to forward to BI via the A3 feedback tracker though.

@ Outlawz7

I would assume it still works too yes. Can you give it a try and report back please.

@ Tinter

Thanks. Will be fixed in the next update.

@ Denco

Indeed - without the contributions there would be not these improvements.

All my praise and gratitude to them!

@ steamtex

With the hugely improved data from SMD Sahrani, you will probably no longer see these issues in the near future. :)

The satellite texture issue unfortunately needs either fixing by BI or information how to work around that.

@ GDent

What kind of error are you getting for Mega? Did you try different browsers?

@ Bravo93

Dropbox is too limited for such large projects. I've tried also google drive and a few other services,

but either these have various issues or are also struggling with the size..

@ Sixt

I didn't want to add the big sounds.pbo. However I will look into a workaround to have only the necessary

files included and the fitting soundscape be present again.

@ cuel

Thanks for the report. As mentioned in the issue tracker, will look into it this weekend.

@ Zerith

Darn. Seems I forgot to add the latest compatibility file in the TDP.

However will try to solve the environment sounds differently with the next update.

@ Incomitatum

Unfortunately it is not allowed by BI so far.

@ Corporal_Lib[bR]

Missions should work seamless between the different packs (A3MP, AiA SA, AiA TP) (with only A3 units used).

Torrent stop working for anyone else, or do I need to call and swear at my ISP (some more)?

It is working right now ;)

It is working right now ;)

Yep. Swearing at my ISP also got me nowhere, so I just dropped by somewhere else and finished the last 6% on the laptop. Ah, now I can finally develop on taki and cherna error free!

I've installed the MEGA Firefox Extension. But when I click "download" on your MEGA-link, it still tells me I need the extension. When I click "Download MEGA Firefox extension" it tells me it couldn't be downloaded...

When I use the torrent, I end up with some Orbitum browser stuff.

Edited by RogueTrooper

Great kju, looking forward to the update. This might be hard to estimate but do you have any idea of how large the patch will be? Trying to decide if I should update our repo now and remove A3MP or wait until the patch. I've told my group to not download a3mp and instead wait for AIAtp to be added

Thank you for releasing this and thanks for the lite and full versions! Should help a lot with migration.

Can you play old A2 missions on, say, Chernarus? Or do they need porting?

No...

Arma 2 missions require arma 2 units, guns, etc

This map gives you the MAPS only!

So you can MAKE missions on these maps, but not play old ones from the older games.

(Sent from iPad, excuse auto correct)

Mind you, if you edit the missions to call Arma 3 units, guns, etc then that'd be a different story...

SIX still not working? It shows up in SixUpdater on my dedicated server, but not in the search in PwS, and it fails to download in SU.

Sometimes on pws they have uploaded a mod, it shows up in the news tab but not under mods.

In that case you have to wait.

To be honest the only difference I remeber is that United Sahrani has radio station east of Bagango :D

But yeah one great version with all SMD enterable buildings and stuff would be awesome.

United Sahrani had the following changes/additions:

Northern military barracks by Selva De Cresta are all leveled, and I think fences/deerstands removed

Cabo Santa Lucia military base converted to rock quarry

Sawmill and much more cleared forest in Roca Del Dror

TV Station building in Bagango with some minor terrain changes to allow same.

Corazol DMZ walls/barriers/checkpoints all removed

Small hotel added to Isla De Libertad

I THINK that's about it.

On the SMD Sahrani A2 terrain, or the buildings, or anything else, kju/team are welcome to use it.

On the SMD Sahrani A2 terrain, or the buildings, or anything else, kju/team are welcome to use it.

They could at least allow it to run alongside, without overwriting with the original Sahrani?

Any way to use SMD Sahrani be great.

Imagine if we could have enterable chernarus buildings one day?

:cool:

Took the liberty to check out a bunch of the old A1 community-made maps with this pack, and here's a list of maps that I found to work just fine (granted they also have any required addons needed):

- OPX Afghan Village

- OPX Avgani

- BKNT Bersivi Geo

- LJF Daraisolas

- LJF Desert Wasteland

- IC Alameda

- IC Barbuda

- Mapfact 3DE Map

- Mapfact Southern Sahrani

- McNool's SaraLite Dry

- NBELL Razani N. Waziristan

- Rimmer's SaltBeach

- SAP Everon

- OFM Uhao Island

I tried to only choose maps with good/decent quality, rather than listing ALL that work (basically just the ones I would personally still use). Also for anyone that really wanted to check out the ancient OFP maps; PMC_AEC, offers 3 of them on one map (and works), but keep in mind its a direct port of the old maps, meaning really poor ground textures. The one I have listed, SAP_Everon, would be my choice though as it was remade for A1, which of course resulted in overall better quality.

Maybe this is useful for somebody out there, just figured I would share the knowledge. :)