.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

This is strange, because Lingor worked with A3MP and I even took screenshots before I uninstalled it

I know technically we're not supposed to be using Lingor (Icebreaker doesn't want us to), but it would be worth looking into this sometime because why would it work with A3MP and not AiATP? It could add better compatibility to fix that issue

You were somehow luckier than the rest of us... I absolutely guarantee that for pretty much everyone else it was an instant CTD when you tried to run it up in the editor..

SJ

that's a shame. but it's worth using AiATP over A3MP so I'll just wait for Lingor A3 to hopefully come out someday

Thank you very much for your work on this. I have very high hopes for this quality package, in line with what serjames wrote.

I have a couple of questions and requests:

Since nobody else mentioned it I guess it's only the case on my end, but the torrent download had some corrupted files and the hash is different than on the first page

AllInArmaTerrainPack_2014_08_10.7z
CRC32: C9CC1D89
MD5: 29C74700F4A4A81BB3BDACB35ABC3801
SHA-1: 1B64F62F21B5639E0487DA84B91523E9E1D9CDAA

Mega link unzipped fine and the hash matches.

For future releases will you release patches as well so we don't have to download the whole new package?

Make all pbo and sign files lowercase for linux dedicated servers?

Rename some of the pbo files so it's easier see which files are needed for each map? Would make it easier to remove certain maps, or perhaps a readme categorizing each map and its needed pbo files?

I dont see any point to compare this to a3mp. This mod is pack of many fixes made by community packed into one mod by kju. Ofc it will be better. A3MP is closed (already sent pm to mods) i will jump into this one too. We all had chance to play A2 maps for long time with a3mp but it was solo project and i had no chances to make somthing bigger and better when group of ppl doing same with more hands. Im glad about this one. Thanks guys.

Anyone else experiencing ArmA3 freezing when switching between islands in editor? Mine froze when switching from Takistan and Chernarus and after I switched between smaller ones (Rahmadi, Porto, Utes etc.). Should I flush?

Anyone else experiencing ArmA3 freezing when switching between islands in editor? Mine froze when switching from Takistan and Chernarus and after I switched between smaller ones (Rahmadi, Porto, Utes etc.). Should I flush?

yes many people experience that... did it in A3MP as well

This is strange, because Lingor worked with A3MP and I even took screenshots before I uninstalled it

I know technically we're not supposed to be using Lingor (Icebreaker doesn't want us to), but it would be worth looking into this sometime because why would it work with A3MP and not AiATP? It could add better compatibility to fix that issue

See here for more info re: Lingor:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?100135-Jungle-Wars-Island-of-Lingor&p=2750706&viewfull=1#post2750706

Never noticed that it in A3MP really.

Is it only in the editor, it doesn't crash when switching on a server?

That's the only thing holding my group back from switching

I dont see any point to compare this to a3mp. This mod is pack of many fixes made by community packed into one mod by kju. Ofc it will be better. A3MP is closed (already sent pm to mods) i will jump into this one too. We all had chance to play A2 maps for long time with a3mp but it was solo project and i had no chances to make somthing bigger and better when group of ppl doing same with more hands. Im glad about this one. Thanks guys.

Alduric, thx to you too. We had been playing more time in Takistan than in Altis, and all for your work.

Never noticed that it in A3MP really.

Is it only in the editor, it doesn't crash when switching on a server?

That's the only thing holding my group back from switching

I have not seen it crash on dedicated server. Not sure which maps exactly that it crashes for me in editor switch but I could make a list :)

Is there a possibility, that AiA TP could take care of this little issues? :)

For F.A.T.A. it's only a texture that is missing if I'm not mistaken.

And for Capraia it's the red tractor :D

And I guess some russian items (vest, helmet, equipment?!?) I don't know what exactly.

Would be awesome to see that fixed, but anyways thanks for the great work! :)

Yeah, Capraia is an awesome map, would be really great to have that looked into

-OP

Wait, so is AiATP currently crashing in default A1/A2 maps where A3MP isn't? I'd rather wait for a fix to AiATP before switching if this is true

in order to do justice to the chernarus lighting config i did exclusively for the aia tp release... THIS is a compairsion screen :P

IL8HufTl.jpg

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45354133351839575/C17254FF1A56CBE2F62C9FC5AEA7FE564D1BE145/ (302 kB)

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

A3MP is closed (already sent pm to mods) i will jump into this one too.

whats the news about Vietnam, is that Project still alive?

I was looking forward to it, would be a pitty!

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

in order to do justice to the chernarus lighting config i did exclusively for the aia tp release... THIS is a compairsion screen :P

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45354133351839575/C17254FF1A56CBE2F62C9FC5AEA7FE564D1BE145/ (302 kB)

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

whats the news about Vietnam, is that Project still alive?

I was looking forward to it, would be a pitty!

that released

Wait, so is AiATP currently crashing in default A1/A2 maps where A3MP isn't? I'd rather wait for a fix to AiATP before switching if this is true

Who said that ? No they work fine - SOME people had some issues :-)

that will no doubt be addressed

SJ

thank you. also thanks to Alduric for making A3MP a very adequate holdover for everyone

Kju, so currently I can see three Sahrani maps in the editor, all of which look like the original versions, just combined etc. What are the differences between United Sahrani and Sahrani ?

I also tried to run the fantastic SMD_Sahrani, which has all of M1lkm8n and CiforDayZServer's modifications, interiors etc. But I cannot see it in the editor, does AIA TP override it somehow ? I'm using Pw6 to load in

?

SJ

@serjames United Sahrani should be improved version of original Sahrani, there are some new locations I think. It was added in A1 with Queen Gambit expansion, United Sahrani was version of Sahrani some years after the campain in A1.

And in my opinion original Sahrani and also South Sahrani (only version without north part of Sahrani) are unnecessary, I would leave only United Sahrani as Sahrani (one unique)

Ah thanks - I didn't see any differences but not studied too closely.

I can imagine there is a market for the original maps, some missions were built specifically for them I suppose ?

I'd be happy to get the latest greatest versions with all of the SMD crew fixes working :-)