bangabob

Survivable Helicopter Crash Script

Survivable Helicopter Crash

By BangaBob

Behind the scenes coding video below.

Description

Use this script for to simulate a survivable helicopter crash. In addition this script improves player immersion by dynamically playing sound effects during helicopter deterioration and adding frantic screen shake. Works in both MP & SP missions.

Instructions

Add this code into your init.sqf -

null=[] execVM "heliCrash\crashInit.sqf";

Example code

Survivable crash

0=[HeliName] spawn H8_crashNow;

Non-survivable crash

0=[HeliName,false] spawn H8_crashNow;

Download

Here

Edited by BangaBob
  • Like 1

Jesus fucking christ buddy, you just dont stop scripting really damn useful things. I feel I owe ya a goat and a couple of daughters or something.

Awesome script Banga..

Now I know why you asked your question. :o

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just a thought: could you make the survivors have the wounded animations before they get back up? They would go nicely with the ringing and blurred vision.

Awesome script Banga..

Now I know why you asked your question. :o

Thanks a lot :D.

I cant actually remember what question it was. Hmm

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for this.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Just a thought: could you make the survivors have the wounded animations before they get back up? They would go nicely with the ringing and blurred vision.

Yes. Somebody suggested the same thing to me a few days ago. I will look into it.

This looks great, a great thing for mission makers to scare the hell out of the players haha, already looking forward to the "oooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" VODs.

Part of me thought that this was a fix for the helicopters-made-out-of-dynamite syndrome, I hope BI fix that 'cos its not fun exploding if you lightly brush past a thimble. Still, great script, I can see this being a lot of fun!

Part of me thought that this was a fix for the helicopters-made-out-of-dynamite syndrome, I hope BI fix that 'cos its not fun exploding if you lightly brush past a thimble. Still, great script, I can see this being a lot of fun!

OT : I saw they already made some changes in the dev branch.

OK so how I wanna use this is so that any Bluefor controlled chopper is shot down in side a trigger area and only after the bluefor team has destroyed a few radar towers will they be able to fly through that zone without the crash landing occurring. Is this possible? without doing separate triggers for every chopper in my mission?

Really good job on this, works incredibly well. Only problem I have is that the group I play with uses ACE all the time and when I try this out with that mod on I never survive the crash. No idea why but would there be any other way of having this work that might avoid that problem that anyone knows of?

I showed my friend this script and he informed me that it made the helicopters very very weak. Did we do something wrong?

Does not seem to work with ACE. I die in the crash. :(

Is there way to make this work please? I really want to use this for a mission.

Perhaps its the vehicle I am using but this never is survivable for me I even turned off ACE to check.  

Testing with ghosthawk now I am using RHS Blackhawk.  

Has anyone else had the issue where sounds dont work? 

I get the error "sound "" not found". I know they are there. I know all of the paths are correct. Its like Arma is looking in a totally different folder to find the sound files.

On 1/25/2017 at 7:13 PM, thammiches said:

Has anyone else had the issue where sounds dont work? 

I get the error "sound "" not found". I know they are there. I know all of the paths are correct. Its like Arma is looking in a totally different folder to find the sound files.

Are you using the mission folder or the pbo file?

How would I get this to happen with multiple helo's with players in each helo.

For example, 2 ghost hawks(gh1,gh2) and a huron(hh1).

Thanks,

Reed

I usually dont post on forums, because i always have a fear that theres something stupid i am over looking. I made an exception for this. And now i have to eat my shoe...

if you have "desciption.ext" it will give you that error. :icon_bash: