gulozwood

Infected Script by Gulozwood

So does the above line determine the infected faction spawned? So that line is set to "east", if not, is it possible to have different factions infected? Like Nato and/or AAF?

nope, triggers are used to define targets, here the trigger detect everything exept east.

you can change the faction of the infected by changing the spawned character.

in files "pop*.sqf" look for

_object=[_buildingPos, 180, "O_Soldier_F", EAST] call bis_fnc_spawnvehicle;

and change "O_Soldier_F" by another one, but you have to adapt triggers detection.

Are you planning on any updates to the infected appearance?

that would be perfect, but it's another kind of job and this script still not finished...

anyway if you have a model ready to use, just spawn it , you just have to replace "O_Soldier_F" ;)

Hi gulozwood,

Thanks for sharing the script. I'm liking that the infecteds attack other Blufor units and vice versa plus of course the player. For a twist, I have them use female heads.

It's not being lucky dude getting chased by women considering they are infected. :D

Thanks for such an awesome script man these little horrors work a treat, is their any chance we can have a altis version ?

is their any chance we can have a altis version ?

hehe, I think it work on all maps, but I only test on stratis/altis.

Great stuff. I remember playing infection script on my Panthera island in A2 that Charon made, but it never worked properly on dedicated server, only SP. Our coop goal was to eradicate the infection and defend major towns. I hope to live out that mission in A3 one day ;)

hehe, I think it work on all maps, but I only test on stratis/altis.

Mybad, i forgot to added the part into the init of my mission for altis :/ all is working on altis thanks man

Hi, having a lot of fun with this script, but I can't get the sounds to work anywhere except the original example mission. Any ideas?

what do you mean by 'can't get the sounds to work' - no sound or sounds create in game errors?

but I can't get the sounds to work anywhere except the original example mission.

in file infected.sqf

fncNextSound = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "infected\fnc_nextSound.sqf";
"zzsound" addPublicVariableEventHandler {[(_this select 1) select 0,(_this select 1) select 1] call fncNextSound;};

these 2 lines are used to play infected sound on clients and clients only, "server/client" don't need it.

maybe it's a strange way to broadcast sounds but it work, and I'm sure it will be useless as soon as we have a real zombie model with sounds etc ...

EDIT: and don't forget the description.ext file.

Edited by gulozwood

Hi gulozwood,

Thanks for sharing the script. I'm liking that the infecteds attack other Blufor units and vice versa plus of course the player. For a twist, I have them use

It's not being lucky dude getting chased by women considering they are infected. :D

Hey man how do you get custom heads on infected? I tried changing the O_soldier_F to another but nothing happened.

Hey man how do you get custom heads on infected? I tried changing the O_soldier_F to another but nothing happened.

Try below:

1) Enable FEMAL3 heads module by zeealex (add @FEMAL3 to your target line)

2) Look for the file fnc_stuff.sqf inside the sample mission folder provided by gulozwood then:

a) After the line _randomHeavy=15; // 1/_randomHeavy chance de spawn un blindé , add the following

_faces = ["Cheung","Mason","Oakes","Quereshi","Smith"];
_face = _faces call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

b) After the lines _me forceAddUniform _chosenmil; and _me forceAddUniform _chosencloth; , add

_me setFace _face;

3) Open Arma 3, Go to Editor, useStratis map then load the sample mission (InfectedScript_ExempleMission).

I hope that helps :)

Edited by asuseroako
Fixed link to FEMAL3 heads

Try below:

1) Enable FEMAL3 heads module by zeealex (add @FEMAL3 to your target line)

2) Look for the file fnc_stuff.sqf inside the sample mission folder provided by gulozwood then:

I hope that helps :)

Works like a charm. Thanks boss!

For me when the zombies spawn they first become east units, this is making it so that members of the game server i run are getting shot before the zombie fully spawns.. Is there a way that this can be changed ?

@Stanerz, there are some sleep commands in file infected\popinfected.sqf that can be changed, even deleted (try to put a // just before the sleep). or try to make bigger markers they will start to spawn earlier.

Goulozwood,

Thank you for the script. I'm going to be running a run escape and evade game tonight with it.

A few questions, I've noticed that when I place ammobox's or empty vehicles down in the "zombie" areas. Zombies will spawn, even if players are no where near the area. Also if you use "fncpopattacker" the zombies will aggro towards the ammoboxs and empty vehicles. They won't attack them, but they will gather in a large group around it.

I really only have a complaint about the 1st issue. The zombies spawning with ammobox's or empty vehicles.

Since you can only spawn "so many" zombies at a time before the server caps itself, it's improrant that zombies are only spawning in the areas that players are actually in.

Any help or suggestion with this? Thank you.

Is it possible to set it so that the zombies don't continue to spawn or respawn in the zone? I'd love if x amount of them spawned in the zone once it was triggered and once they were killed, that was it.

Hi Karneck, the "fncpopattacker" should not be used, it's a part of the "horde trigger" that is not working at this time, in fact I don't know how infected will finish their attack, for now they attack player that activate the trigger and his group, and the question is:" what to do when they have killed the entire group".

another thing, when you put vehicles on your map you have to use fnc_vehicle.sqf on them, if not, infected will attack empty vehicles (take a look at the exemple mission)

Is it possible to set it so that the zombies don't continue to spawn or respawn in the zone?

few modifications are required for that.

by the way, thanks for testing the script, I was a bit lost (cause i'm a scripting noob), now I know what to do so I'll try to make an update ASAP.

Hi Karneck, the "fncpopattacker" should not be used, it's a part of the "horde trigger" that is not working at this time, in fact I don't know how infected will finish their attack, for now they attack player that activate the trigger and his group, and the question is:" what to do when they have killed the entire group".

another thing, when you put vehicles on your map you have to use fnc_vehicle.sqf on them, if not, infected will attack empty vehicles (take a look at the exemple mission)

few modifications are required for that.

by the way, thanks for testing the script, I was a bit lost (cause i'm a scripting noob), now I know what to do so I'll try to make an update ASAP.

What modifications would that be?

Is it possible to set it so that the zombies don't continue to spawn or respawn in the zone?

Update 0.3

hope it will works as you wish :)

I'll add the update to my mission, thank you for the update..

Nice, keep me in touch, I want to play it :D

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

in file infected.sqf

fncNextSound = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "infected\fnc_nextSound.sqf";
"zzsound" addPublicVariableEventHandler {[(_this select 1) select 0,(_this select 1) select 1] call fncNextSound;};

these 2 lines are used to play infected sound on clients and clients only, "server/client" don't need it.

maybe it's a strange way to broadcast sounds but it work, and I'm sure it will be useless as soon as we have a real zombie model with sounds etc ...

EDIT: and don't forget the description.ext file.

Thanks for that. I hope you keep working on this script because it's actually a lot of fun. I've been setting rescue missions at night with rain and lightning happening and spooky music in the Chernobyl zone map. No night vision just flashlights! All we need now is custom models for the infected! Does anyone know how to script it so that the infected spawn with wounded skins, but so that they aren't actually wounded? That would be a start..

Does anyone know how to script it so that the infected spawn with wounded skins, but so that they aren't actually wounded? That would be a start..

I don't know if this code will serve the purpose, try experimenting with setObjectMaterial command and injury rvmats

_me setObjectMaterial [0, "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat"];

The effect is that the spawned infected would have a 'wounded' appearance particularly on their clothes with the units not actually injured. The video below shows what I mean.

Note though that some clothes are not showing the 'injured' model despite using the same setObjectMaterial code earlier posted. Not sure if there is actually an 'injured skin' model we can play with. I hope that helps.