pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

FSM editor keeps crashing when using the new search function:

"FSMEditor MFC Application has stopped working"

I click the left arrow or right arrow and it crashes. Not always straightaway, but eventually.

Indeed, there is something wrong, but not with every FSMs, can you provide me a FSM that leads the editor to crash?

The issue was because the searched expression was found in an empty node (usually used for comments), this is already fixed and ready for the new dev update ;)

Edited by tom_48_97

Glad to read that :)

Me too :)

Indeed, there is something wrong, but not with every FSMs, can you provide me a FSM that leads the editor to crash?

The issue was because the searched expression was found in an empty node (usually used for comments), this is already fixed and ready for the new dev update ;)

Good spot there Tom :) Thanks

Is it just me? GameUpdater complains about wrong username/password for Steam account when I launch it. When I go into "Account settings", it has username and password swapped, making my password my user name, which not only hampers functionality but also is not good for security.

Can anyone confirm?

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Something else.

I don't see half my workshop missions from the in-game editor. I do see them from the publisher but cannot update them with that, it urges me to use the in-game editor which in turn doesn't list them at all. Anything I can do about this?

Is it just me? GameUpdater complains about wrong username/password for Steam account when I launch it. When I go into "Account settings", it has username and password swapped, making my password my user name, which not only hampers functionality but also is not good for security.

I don't see half my workshop missions from the in-game editor. I do see them from the publisher but cannot update them with that, it urges me to use the in-game editor which in turn doesn't list them at all. Anything I can do about this?

I will fix that soon, but it shouldn't be a security issue. The problem is that the "Account settings" form, inverts the the username and the password on opening, but stores them correctly. The solution is to open it, type your username and your password as per usual and start the update. The issue occurs when you open the form and re-validate it.

Regarding the second issue, I will investigate.

Well it is in so far as it displays my password openly. Under normal circumstances it would never be visible. If someone watches my screen or I was streaming like RHS do, the password would be compromised.

This indeed is true, even if in my opinion, you're not supposed to open any login form of any kind during a Stream or when you're not in a safe environment. In all cases, it'll be fix very soon ;)

It was more hypothetical, admittedly. Anyway, thanks for taking care of it ☺

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Nice, so far so good with the Publisher, updated one mod, and uploaded a new one with no issues...

Nice, so far so good with the Publisher, updated one mod, and uploaded a new one with no issues...
The issue you reported is currently under investigation.

Awesome work with the new vests, already created some awesome textures.

Though I wish there was a better multicam sample, not the mashed together one, oh well. ;)

The issue you reported is currently under investigation.

Ahh okay, well... it worked so far so... okay

Any chance PSD templates for the BLUFOR Light Vests as well?

Awesome work with the new vests, already created some awesome textures.

Though I wish there was a better multicam sample, not the mashed together one, oh well. ;)

Nice job :)
Ahh okay, well... it worked so far so... okay

Any chance PSD templates for the BLUFOR Light Vests as well?

Good to read ;). Then, what's the status of this issue?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23990

Sorry people, total noob here. Can someone give me a link or tell me a short tutorial on, how to use a new retextured INDEP GL vest in config file? Using sample from A3 Tools I've made a new textures, but how to put them into A3 game via config.cpp/bin?

EDIT: With help of BI members, I've done it. Thank you all

Edited by FoxFort
My Question was answered

Later in the year, It'd be awesome if BIS compiled a template package including the NATO, CSAT, and AAF uniform, helmet, and vest textures. Not just that, but also some resources for us to use, like camouflage for instance.

I am so obsessed with multicam...

Does anyone else have encountered very very long buldozer startup times with terrain builder?

I've had this for a few updates ago (month or two) and currently buldozer takes around 40-50 minutes to startup.

I did P: drive reinstall to make sure I have up to date files in, theres few million trees and whatnot on the map, but it did not slow it down like this before. Theres even less objects than before when I had around 5-10 minutes buldozer startup.

What does buldozer do on startup? What kind of things affect the load times? Large textures? Complex models?

--Update

It seems it is the object count that has sagged the loading time.

Edited by HorribleGoat

I think... it may be my internets not so much Steam, as I went to Starbucks.. and it uploaded fine so... I may keep it open... Not sure.

I don't know I had control over it, as I figured the Devs (you or whoever) would manage that... If I'm supposed to manage it then I can close it, right? It's my first time using the feedback tracker so I'm not sure what I"m supposed to do after posting it.

Later in the year, It'd be awesome if BIS compiled a template package including the NATO, CSAT, and AAF uniform, helmet, and vest textures. Not just that, but also some resources for us to use, like camouflage for instance.

I am so obsessed with multicam...

This indeed would be cool but regarding the workload of the artists, I cannot guarantee anything.
Does anyone else have encountered very very long buldozer startup times with terrain builder?

I've had this for a few updates ago (month or two) and currently buldozer takes around 40-50 minutes to startup.

I did P: drive reinstall to make sure I have up to date files in, theres few million trees and whatnot on the map, but it did not slow it down like this before. Theres even less objects than before when I had around 5-10 minutes buldozer startup.

What does buldozer do on startup? What kind of things affect the load times? Large textures? Complex models?

--Update

It seems it is the object count that has sagged the loading time.

What kind of object count are we talking about? That said, it makes sense and sounds legit.
I think... it may be my internets not so much Steam, as I went to Starbucks.. and it uploaded fine so... I may keep it open... Not sure.

I don't know I had control over it, as I figured the Devs (you or whoever) would manage that... If I'm supposed to manage it then I can close it, right? It's my first time using the feedback tracker so I'm not sure what I"m supposed to do after posting it.

Considering your logs, this what I think - There is a lot of connection failures (from Steam), sometimes more than 3/4 during a single hour. Then, regarding the ticket, if you think it should be closed, just add a comment explaining a bit the reasons (to keep track of the issue and its cause) and a FT moderator will close it ;)

What kind of object count are we talking about? That said, it makes sense and sounds legit.

3.5 millionish. Just wondered why the startup became so much longer all of a sudden as it was faster with same amount of objects some time before.

But anyhow since its normal, no biggie.

Is there any word about TB updates and what kind of things are coming?

the Keep absolute height was pretty nice addon, but could it be implemented to not require buldozer? Also changing its state alway deselects all the objects and the state does not carry over copied objects which would also be beneficial.

The shape select terrain verticles also seems bugged as for me at least it works only once in a TB run. I start TB, select shape/make a shape, select terrain verticles from the dropdown menu and give them a new value and it changes them, but if I then try it again, it does nothing. It does not even show the verticle data correctly although it looks like the verticles are selected the heights are all 0.

Also it would be really useful if the shapes could be used to select and delete objects on the used layer. Could something like this be expected in the future?

Regarding shapes I've also noticed that even if hidden from view they seem to block the selection drag box and sometimes affect object selection under them.

Furthermore I still experience ghost objects stuck on certain areas that can not be selected in any other way than by selecting all objects of a certain type from the template list, but the objects in question can't be moved or deleted even if I manage to select them. They do not always move to another layer, but sometimes this does fix some of them.

I've managed to work around this by sometimes changing the object layer and clearing the "infected" layer with the delete from HDD option but the issue keeps coming up and also with the few million trees I cant do it anymore as TB cant handle selecting them all. "Ghost" do seem to appear on random by placing single objects, copying single and multiple objects, importing objects, moving single and multiple objects and I cant figure out anything that would cause it.

Also TB tends to crash if I try to move the ghosts around too much which in turn causes some issues like deleted layers coming back to the list and duplication of objects.

I just wonder if its only me because I've not seen anyone else post about such problems..

@tom_48_97

Thx for the samples :)

btw we longer need that parallax tunnel? for the colimators?

btw we longer need that parallax tunnel? for the colimators?

My understanding is that the new collimator shader handles parallax within the UV space so doesn't need tubes etc. Check out how the holoreticle texture is UV mapped in the UV editor and the new parameters in the holoreticle.rvmat

Edited by da12thMonkey