pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

I will investigate about your issue to see if it's caused by TB itself or it's a user side issue.

As for the plans about Terrain Builder, some additions have been committed on the dev branch (0.83.2) and other changes and fixes are in progress but because of the Marksmen DLC, I cannot tell you when it will be done nor released. But, don't worry, TB is still actively developed.

Great to hear! The object ignoring height changes around it sounds just what I've been needing as I have lots of objects of fixed height and I did not even think to ask if such feature could be possible. I don't have the dev version in use right now so may I ask if it can also be turned on from the in editor drop down menu or is it only turned on in Buldozer and off from the drop down menu or can it go both ways in both the buldozer and TB?

Also if its of any relevance I have not been able to properly quit Terrain Builder for a while now. It always crashes on exit.

Edit:

Also I get lots of these on while in TB:

Debugger info - (func: renderer::CD3DPrimitiveRenderer::RenderPrimitivesGroup(269)) [AssertNoDlg] MainThread=3156 Vertex buffer allocation failed

Debugger info - (func: IHasParentLayer::SetParentLayer(17)) [AssertNoDlg] MainThread=3156 Parent layer was already set! You should reset it first

Also I took a couple of screenshots to explain the object duplication and deleting bug I constantly run into:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yb4si5d9kvy289k/AAD9PwGY7aqYVCzIXRACVbv8a?dl=0

edit 2:

Also packed in TB Logs from the past two days if theres anything useful in them.

Edited by HorribleGoat

For those who experience issues with the file association of FSM Editor, could you, please, run a diagnostic and send me the result? Here or via email (julien.vida [at] bistudio)

Done!

For everyone struggling with the problem, I made myself a batch file that launches the FSMEditor on a double click:

set DRIVE=E:
set FOLDER=\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\FSMEditor
%DRIVE%
cd %FOLDER%
start FSMEditor.exe %1

Obviously you need to adjust the paths and drive letter

For those who experience issues with the file association of FSM Editor, could you, please, run a diagnostic and send me the result? Here or via email (julien.vida [at] bistudio)

Sent to your email address.

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your diagnostic reports, looks like most of you has some issues at the registry level, but these should not be able to prevent FSMEditor from starting correctly. Then, A new development update has been published (a few minutes ago), please, test and tell me if it's solved or not*?

*FYI, I'm still unable to reproduce the issue in house, therefore, I'm completely blind to fix this issue and need your help.

The error message is different now. Previously it said "not a valid FSM", now it says "there is no FSM in that file". Contrary to previous incarnations of the problem, when I start the FSMEditor this way, confirm the error dialog and then load the file via the "Open" menu, it now loads it. Previously it complained about the file as well. So seems you're getting there :)

The error message is different now. Previously it said "not a valid FSM", now it says "there is no FSM in that file".

I can confirm that I now also get this new message upon opening an FSM directly. Opening the FSM from within the editor still works fine.

So, when is the publisher going to be able to publish multiple-pbos in one workshop entry?

@Alwarren, Larrow, Sari and other FSMEditor users

Could you check if you experience such issue with TexView?

And yes, it looks like we 're getting closer, but, as I cannot reproduce it, there is no certitude :/

A new development update has been published (a few minutes ago), please, test and tell me if it's solved or not*?

There are now two exe's in the FSM editor folder FSMEditor.exe and FSMGui.exe (maybe me but i could of sworn there was only FSMEditor.exe previously) both files have a modified date of today when i updated the tools to development branch so i have tested both below.

FSMEditor.exe

Opening either .bifsm or .fsm from inside the editor works fine.

Opening either a .bifsm or .fsm by double clicking on the file results in a "There are no fsm inside this file" error message.

So a new error and now .bifsm are not working for me launched externally where previously they were.

Even if i use Alwarren's batch work around i now get the same error..

batch file

set DRIVE=G:
%DRIVE%
cd %FOLDER%
start FSMEditor.exe %1

Opening either a .bifsm or .fsm by double clicking on the file results in a "There are no fsm inside this file" error message.

FSMGui.exe

Behaves as previously reported

Opening either .bifsm or .fsm from inside the editor works fine.

Opening a .bifsm by double clicking on the file works fine.

Opening a .fsm by double clicking on the file results in a "Cannot open" error message.

batch file

set DRIVE=G:
%DRIVE%
cd %FOLDER%
start FSMGui.exe %1

Opening either a .bifsm or .fsm by double clicking on the file works fine.

TexView, Launching a file internally or externally both stable and latest development build works fine for me.

I had reported previously that i was getting a registery error, but this was fixed as you suggested by validating the steam cache.

Edited by Larrow

And yes, it looks like we 're getting closer, but, as I cannot reproduce it, there is no certitude :/

Texview will open .paa files both directly and from within texview just fine. No problems there for me.

Hello,

A short SITREP before the weekend, I'm almost able to "reproduce" the issue. It looks like when you make the file association from Windows itself, it simply doesn't work (Cannot open). Therefore, I will need to find a way to first, completely removed any previous association of the FSMs, and finally, build it properly!

Would it be possible to fix the Object Builder/Buldozer environment editor time of day setting?

Currently opening the Environment Editor and trying to change the time makes bulldozer produce siezure inducing flashing.

Would it be possible to fix the Object Builder/Buldozer environment editor time of day setting?

Currently opening the Environment Editor and trying to change the time makes bulldozer produce siezure inducing flashing.

Yeah this needs fixing. How else are we supposed test if our fixes to BI's broken RVMATs work and make things glow in the dark (i.e. illuminated reticles), without packing up our addons and testing them ingame (a pain in the rump when working on a large pack).

So, when is the publisher going to be able to publish multiple-pbos in one workshop entry?

So never I assume?

When you will be doing those texture samples for those new weapons then please add their model.cfgs of the all new weapons too

because most of guys will like to use those new animations on their custom guns as well

Okay still got the muzzleflash problem. I don't know why but even with the sample model.cfg it still doesn't show. For some reason one works fine but others, don't. So this is not a modder issue as far as I know, but PBOProject saved mods the muzzleflash worky, but your stuff, no worky.

Also to add to the madness I'm unable to "play" the tools from the Steam interface, as well as from the exe in the Tools folder. The exe runs and does the checklist but doesn't do anything further (crashes or quits) but the interface doesn't show either. So the various programs work without the Launcher and that also exacerbates the P drive not mounting on startup as well, as I have to manually mount via the batch file the DevP drive.

Also to add to the madness I'm unable to "play" the tools from the Steam interface, as well as from the exe in the Tools folder. The exe runs and does the checklist but doesn't do anything further (crashes or quits) but the interface doesn't show either. So the various programs work without the Launcher and that also exacerbates the P drive not mounting on startup as well, as I have to manually mount via the batch file the DevP drive.
Is there any information, maybe an error code, a trace or something? Could you send me your logs? (Arma3Tools.rpt, Arma3Tools_Operations.log and Starter.rpt from Arma 3 Tools root directory\Logs)

Regarding P Drive, you can add DevP in the startup applications.

FSMEditorStartScript.bat didn't work in my computer. But the below code worked.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::	file: FSMEditorStartScript.bat
::	======
::	Author: Julien `Tom_48_97` VIDA	
::  © 2015 Bohemia Interactive a.s.
::	Description: 
::	Note: Solution based on Alwarren's script
::		[url]http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179344-Tools-Development-Branch-Discussion&p=2881678&viewfull=1#post2881678[/url]
::	Wiki:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:: Small kid, after this line, GET OUT OF MY CODE ;-)
@echo off
color f1
mode con:cols=140 lines=60
title FSMEditor
cls

::-----------------------------------
:: PARAMETERS
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%A In ('REG QUERY "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive\arma 3 tools" /v "path"') Do (set __DIRECTORY__="%%B") 
if defined __DIRECTORY__ (set [color="#FF0000"]__DIRECTORY__=%__DIRECTORY__%[/color]) else (set __DIRECTORY__=%~dp0)
set __DRIVE__=%__DIRECTORY__:~0,2%
:: FIX PARAMETERS
set __DRIVE__=%__DRIVE__:"=%
set __DIRECTORY__=%__DIRECTORY__:"=%
:: Main
%__DRIVE__%:
cd "%__DIRECTORY__%"
if exist FSMEditor (cd FSMEditor)
cd
start FSMEditor.exe %*

In original code, double quotes were placed around the part of red in this code.

Is there any information, maybe an error code, a trace or something? Could you send me your logs? (Arma3Tools.rpt, Arma3Tools_Operations.log and Starter.rpt from Arma 3 Tools root directory\Logs)

Regarding P Drive, you can add DevP in the startup applications.

I'll send what i have anyway, as I think it was a bad install sequence or something as it works fine, or I downloaded it first, then opted for Dev branch, and then Agreed to the EULA. However, this past week I downloaded Stable version, and then Ok'd the EULA, and then opted for Dev, and it's been opening fine, sorry haven't checked this topic in a while obviously, check PM.

With the release of the Marksmen DLC being imminent, and there being a number associated improvements to features and technologies that the game's ever grateful playerbase will likely expect addon makers to implement to bring their releases up to standard with BIS' assets in the coming few weeks; I was wondering what the current situation with the new collimator shader is.

In the SITREP a couple of weeks ago we were told that there a tools update was required to allow integration of this feature, and documentation would also be provided eventually.

Documentation for modders will be supplied once we're satisfied that the new binarization (required) works in all circumstances, and can be included into Arma 3 Tools.

Personally I'm one of those people that's quite okay with just experimenting at adding new features and figuring out to get them working on my own, without much official documentation. So I promise you I'm not complaining about that: I know it'll get done in good time and there's a lot more important things to do. I'm only curious about whether the tools are capable of supporting it yet.

i.e is the addonBuilder (and whatever other tools are required) available on the Dev Branch, now capable of binarising the .rvmats with the new collimator shader data like PixelShaderID = "Collimator"; & uvSource = "texCollimator"; etc. (from a3\weapons_f\acc\data\collimdot_cshader.rvmat) or not?

The current binarization available with Arma 3 Tools is "the old one". The new Binarize is not yet ready to be released but it looks like it's a matter of time :cool:

The new one has been tested on the weapons (only) and for what I can tell, everything went good so far. Next step will occur post Marksmen, we'll perform additional tests, including large scale packing to see how it behaves and if it passes successfully, it should be a matter of time until its release. As it will be firstly into the dev branch, I invite you to keep an eye on the change log (even if I'm almost sure you already do) :yay:

Not sure if this has been asked before, but do you guys plan to release texture templates for the splendid new Marksmen guns and attachements? Would be awesome to have templates like for the helos that came with the DLC. Also, there are templates for the Taru and all its pods except the fuel pod. Any chance to make that fuel pod texture available as template as well?

Keep up the good work!

Not sure if this has been asked before, but do you guys plan to release texture templates for the splendid new Marksmen guns and attachements? Would be awesome to have templates like for the helos that came with the DLC. Also, there are templates for the Taru and all its pods except the fuel pod. Any chance to make that fuel pod texture available as template as well?

Keep up the good work!

Actually, the Fuel pod texture has been added a month ago thanks to Your request :icon_twisted: And yes, we plan to add even Marksmen textures, artists should work on that as soon as the DLC is out :bounce2:

Awesome news, thanks chaps!

Though I must be doing something wrong as I can't find that darn fuel pod texture. Is it on tools main branch already? Checked the samples, the HelicoptersDLC_Textures folder to be precise. Got two Huron and two Taru textures plus Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext01_CO and Heli_Transport_04_Pod_Ext02_CO. However, the original config points to "A3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Data\Heli_Transport_04_fuel_CO.paa". Or can one of the Pod_Ext0X_CO textures be used for the fuel tank? (Can't believe I'm dedicating valuable minutes of my free time to a bloody fuel tank. Oh Arma, what have you done to me? :D)

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Never mind my stupidity, both fuel pod and bench templates are available on dev branch. Cheers!