pettka

Tools Development Branch Discussion

Well, I dont know what is problem.

I follow tutorial that Kiory made, also used skeleton made by him.

Tried many many times from begining and nothing, always same problem. I compared sections of skeleton with BIS and they all are same.

All A2 animations work well.

I constantly get crashes from Game Updater. Has anyone had similar experiences, or is it just me ?

If it's a common problem, I'll make a ticket

Can you run GameUpdater.exe -debug, this will allocate a console on startup, then tell me what's in the console until it crashes. Also, when does it crash? (on startup, during the update process?)

I constantly get crashes from Game Updater. Has anyone had similar experiences, or is it just me ?

If it's a common problem, I'll make a ticket

I tried it twice, crashed both times.

What is it suppose to do in the first place? Update the game? Why would you use this and not steam? Or is it here to keep 2 separate branches installed?

I also have experienced crashes each time i tried using it

EDIT:

Since my game (via steam) is set to development, i have tried switching from Arma3 [development] (default in GU settings) to Arma3 [stable]. It run indeed without a crash

What is it suppose to do in the first place? Update the game? Why would you use this and not steam? Or is it here to keep 2 separate branches installed?

I also have experienced crashes each time i tried using it

EDIT:

Since my game (via steam) is set to development, i have tried switching from Arma3 [development] (default in GU settings) to Arma3 [stable]. It run indeed without a crash

That's interesting, could you send me your logs in private (PM)?
does anyone have problems with P drive on latest version of tools?
Define your issue, what's going wrong? (dev or stable branch?)

Edit: It seems there are "again" remaining problems with some OS. For what I know at the moment, the issue occurs on Windows 7. If mapDisk doesn't mount your P, I urge you to consult these links:

/* Link removed, see next message */

Edited by tom_48_97
Issue fixed, see next message

Update regarding P drive issue: With the help of Hellborn (2017 team) who played the tester, I was able to fix the issue :yay:

This hot fix will be available on Steam tomorrow, but to let work on your creations, you will find the hot fix here: http://tom4897.info/?attachment_id=2574

Can you run GameUpdater.exe -debug, this will allocate a console on startup, then tell me what's in the console until it crashes. Also, when does it crash? (on startup, during the update process?)

sent via private message

GameUpdater and MapDisk (including DevP) have been updated in the development branch (0.73.1 Change log).

Regarding GameUpdater, I strongly recommend a clean install (remove everything except gameUpdater_files.zip, then, extract it in the GameUpdater directory)

Noticed when reinistalling the dev version of the Tools it doesn't clean out the registry entries, so when I reinstalled it opening Object Builder gives me registry warnings even though I cleansed my registry anyway.

Restarted computer and still get the error warning:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software\BIStudio\TextureConvert" is the string that I get in the window. This happens repeatedly when I open Object Builder and able to use regardless of error. But I can't open TexView after Okaying the error message.

And this issue prevents loading of textures in Object Builder as well, but you can still manipulate and edit 3D objects, you can't apply ANY texture to it.

Restarted computer and still get the error warning:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software\BIStudio\TextureConvert" is the string that I get in the window. This happens repeatedly when I open Object Builder and able to use regardless of error. But I can't open TexView after Okaying the error message.

What is the exact error?
And this issue prevents loading of textures in Object Builder as well, but you can still manipulate and edit 3D objects, you can't apply ANY texture to it.
Did you run Arma 3 Tools from Steam after the update (once is required)?

Can you run a diagnostic and send me the report?

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software\BIStudio\TextureConvert" WAS the error, going through Steam cleared the issue, thanks!

Yeah I normally don't go through Steam or the Launcher, preferring to use a Taskbar Shortcut instead (Windows 8) so it works as it should :)

By the way, any ETA on a release of the FSM editor ?

Also a request, could you put the machinegun entries for a weapon with a feedtray cover in the sample model.cfg or have a sample mk200 so I can fix the now seemingly defunct animation as before 1.26 the animation worked fine, now it's spamming the .rpt files and not working.

Another request, a rifle as a sample is cool and dandy but you should also think about Rocket Launchers, machineguns, and other related material for A3 since well... people like me who need that information would like it... just saying.

Build virtual P drive has gone from tools!
Indeed, this was in the latest update, I should have written something about that in the "Status". This action can be performed from Arma3Tools.exe.

We made this decision because running DevP can alter the work space and I believe this should not be possible to do it as it was, without any warning. When this has been added, the goal was to provide a quick method to mount P, but, it was the initial design.

I think that a later version could offer the ability to mount P directly from Steam (with the starter, used to run Object & Terrain Builder) ;)

How are you configuring the campaign? You've mentioned \Arma 3\Campaigns, which I assume means your campaign is not a traditional add-on, but a campaign PBO. If you can try to set it up as an add-on with CfgPatches and CfgMissions, it should work on Workshop and be listed as campaign (it's how the official campaigns work). The other type of PBO might get supported later via Gekon and his team :)
Are there any news on the marked part? Any chance to see the support of campaign PBOs in the steam workshop soon? Thanks in advance!