laxemann

LAxemann's "Mount" - Animations for attaching rifle items

L_Mount.png

LAxemann's "Mount"

What it does?

Simple thing, it adds animations when attaching (mounting) or detaching (dismounting) rifle items such as scopes and silencers in order to make gameplay a little bit more realistic.

Also, it prevents people from swapping around stuff in no time.

What can you show us?

W... known issues

• The feature only works for rifles/primary weapons since there are no animations for pistols

Where can we download it?

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FROM DROPBOX (V 2.00)

or

news_download_a3_3.png

LAxemann's "Mount" v2.0.0

Credits:

Janus for the previous help with stuff and stuff

Tajin and the other guys from my Thread in the editing section

Changelog:

• Completely rewritten from scratch

• MOUNT now has to run on the server as well!

• MOUNT is now compatible with any item addOn that swaps attachments on the fly

• Animations will play in full length

• All actions got sounds

• Items that are picked up with the action menu won't be automatically attached to your rifle

• All issues regarding duplicating items should be solved

• Virtual Arsenal Compatibility

• BW Mod optics attachments compatibility

• BW Mod LLM01 compatibility

• You now have to dismount an attachment before you're able to mount another one on the same slot

• The mod is now using appropriate animations for mounting/ dismounting silencers

• ASDG Attachments compatibility - You no longer mount an ASDG bipod again when deploying it

• Minor tweaks

1.2 - Prone Fix

• Players won't get stuck in prone position anymore (auto-crouching)

1.1 - First Fix

• Disabled serialization

1.0 - Initial Release

Requirements: CBA_A3

Edited by LAxemann
  • Like 5

Nice, really smooth and fluid animations. Small, but bound to make a difference in the pacing of combat.

Great mod to see, I've wanted something like this for a while.

Very nice, i wonder why bis didnt put this feature in by themselves!

Very nice, i wonder why bis didnt put this feature in by themselves!

Well, judging by the presence of animations for this in Arma 3 I assume they wanted to at one point, but as with most things 'something happened' and they weren't used.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@l_mount.png

@ LAxemann ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Very nice of you to bring this into the game finally! There are also some nice grenade throw animations present (hint! hint! hint!)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

this looks real nice, something bis could look at for added immersion

Not sure if I am the only one, however when using this I experience the following pop-up error when either mounting or removing any optics:

BYK6dSE.jpg

On the upside, once you hit OK it doesn't keep popping up, and it keeps working. I tried it with both vanilla and my usual setup, and it happens both times for me. But other than that, it's friggen awesome! Definitely a keeper in my book. :D

Not sure if I am the only one, however when using this I experience the following pop-up error when either mounting or removing any optics:

http://i.imgur.com/BYK6dSE.jpg

On the upside, once you hit OK it doesn't keep popping up, and it keeps working. I tried it with both vanilla and my usual setup, and it happens both times for me. But other than that, it's friggen awesome! Definitely a keeper in my book. :D

Whoops, as good as fixed I guess, just having dinner, updating then :)

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

There we go:

Fixed Version 1.1

The error shouldn't occur anymore. :)

Oh, also, since I'm short on time, I totally forgot if other people can see the animations in MP, just tell me in case you find it out before I do. :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

I get a bug whereby if I'm prone and try and change a scope it locks me in the "in-Gear" animation and i cannot seem to get out or re-enter the Inventory ?

Had to DC and re-load.

SJ

I get a bug whereby if I'm prone and try and change a scope it locks me in the "in-Gear" animation and i cannot seem to get out or re-enter the Inventory ?

Had to DC and re-load.

SJ

While I'm reading this my ArmA is loading a hopefully fixed version :)

This means another update (2 in one day)... dammit.

This is why I'm not rushing ES. :)

// EDIT:

There we go, new update to version 1.2

1.2 - Prone Fix

• players won't get stuck in prone position anymore (auto-crouching)

Edited by LAxemann

Thanks LAxemann, almost there... ;P

I noticed that prone works great now.

However it does force you into a crouching position ? Can this be adjusted to remain prone ?

One last little detail, I spotted that when you change scopes in prone, the new scope "appears" for a second before the animation starts to replace it ? Not a killer bug, but if it can be adjusted out would make this perfect.

I don't know about anyone else, But I think the "animation" or at least the time delay should be longer for scopers... to simulate the correct fitting and alignment, which must take a bit longer than 3 seconds or so ? Any other POV ? Nothing worse than getting caught in an animation when a taki walks around the corner but I think the level of detail this has brought deserves respect ?

SJ

I'm glad you put this animation to work :D

Just a headsup: it seems that a reloaded mission - even with Moduload - breaks the animation, making it a infinite loop with a pause of 3 seconds (in which you can try to toggle or toss your primary weapon to stop the loop)... it seems that the acessory doesn´t attach/dettach so the mod keeps replaying the animation... it happened while playing whole lotta Altis (SP version) so it may be caused by some of his lotsa scripts, I´ll investigate more, but be aware that maybe there´s an issue with reloaded missions =P

On a first tried mission, it worked flawlessly ;)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Hey LAxemann,

do you think about implementing this into AGM?

Nope, but CSE

;2710585']Just a headsup: it seems that a reloaded mission - even with Moduload - breaks the animation' date=' making it a infinite loop with a pause of 3 seconds (in which you can try to toggle or toss your primary weapon to stop the loop)... it seems that the acessory doesn´t attach/dettach so the mod keeps replaying the animation... it happened while playing whole lotta Altis (SP version) so it may be caused by some of his lotsa scripts, I´ll investigate more, but be aware that maybe there´s an issue with reloaded missions =P

On a first tried mission, it worked flawlessly ;)[/quote']

Hmm, I usually don't play SP and are still busy with ES, but I'll look into that as soon as I've got some time :)

CSE, as in ACSE? Or am I out of my element, Donny?

I am the walrus​