NeoArmageddon

Atomic Bomb - Module and Zeus (WIP)

Oh my god that clip is so gorgeous. How the shockwave moves those collums of smoke when it passes.

There's something eerily serene and gorgeous about the massive destruction that is a nuclear explosion. There's so many weird and awesome effects going on as the fireball rises and into the atmosphere, makes you realize what kind of a release of energy it really is.

Completely Agree

I finally got time to add mythlawlbear's sounds and wrap the script in a config.

You can test the first alpha here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o373vc448e98m1o/at_modules.7z

Please note: This is not a final release and still WIP.

Included:

• 1 Editor Module with trigger activation and switch for "Effect only" and "Dammage + Effect"
  • Two Zeus modules: One is effect only, the other one has effect and damage. Zeus modules detonation is delayed by 5s.

Known Bugs:

• Smoke is effected a little bit too much by wind.
  • Shockwave and light is bugged at night (possible engine bug with the heateffect).
  • 3D-sound is limited by speed of sound in engine (work around would be no 3D sound...).
  • Destruction effect takes a lot of performance. Smoke of destroyed buildings can reduce the particle amount of the nuke.
  • Module is not deleted after detonation.

Modules were tested in MP und should work fine. Please report all bugs and general feedback here.

There are other effects like this out there that looks far better, but please note that I tried to make a tradeoff between effect and performance.

A more complex effect would look strange if there were other effects like burning buildings and vehicles and stuff because A3 limits the amount of particles.

If there are too many particles, A3 will remove the oldest (like the upper mushroom cloud).

Credits:

• BIS and moerderhoschi - Original effect used as startingpoint
  • mythlawlbear - Soundeffect
  • NeoArmageddon - Scripts, Effects and Config

This is awesome. One suggestion is to make the mushroom cloud linger a longer. The problem with the A2 version of this was that it never dispersed at all, so it's good that this script actually ends..

Cool stuff man.

Hey,

I have a question. Do you plan makeing possible to get a radiation zone around the detonation? Maybe even being able to decide how big it'll be?

Would be cool.

I really like that module! ^^

I have a question. Do you plan makeing possible to get a radiation zone around the detonation? Maybe even being able to decide how big it'll be?

I did something similar in Armed Assault 1. Even with a Geiger-Müller-Counter and stuff.

I will definitly have a look at this, but I can't promise anything.

Great news. One member of my community constantly asks me about a nuke mission. I just wait for that module to be nearly finished. ^^"

The third video is awsome, great job.

About the mushroom cloud. I hope you can make it look like it looks on this video

Is it possible to lengthen the duration of the mushroom cloud's appearance, to last up to 5 full minutes? And could the total damage/destruction-zone please be expanded, or be variably set so, in order to simulate larger warheads, and whatnot?

And for the rest, I agree with what Denco said. Would be totally awesome to have it like that, but the mod already rocks! So thanks for everything so far! :D

About the mushroom cloud. I hope you can make it look like it looks on this video

That's incredibly good!

Anyone got the actual script for that specific mushroom cloud?

That is amazing, frightening almost. That initial blotting out of the sun and dust cloud seems very authentic.

Terrifying. I want it :O

Is it possible to lengthen the duration of the mushroom cloud's appearance' date=' to last up to 5 full minutes? And could the total damage/destruction-zone please be expanded, or be variably set so, in order to simulate larger warheads, and whatnot?

And for the rest, I agree with what Denco said. Would be totally awesome to have it like that, but the mod already rocks! So thanks for everything so far! :D[/quote']

The destructionzone is already 1km (you can't really see the whole destruction in my video). Simulating larger warheads would become quite complicated ebcause there are a few limiting factors: Total amount of effects, arma terrain size, view distance and especially performance. Destroying buildings and fast effects cost a lot of performance.

The video Denco posted is indeed nice looking and I would be able to reproduce the effect but it has several flaws for my implementation. The used effect-particles are very big. If you see the effects closeup/from the air it won't look so nice. Also with this amount of particles, such explosion can on most computers be the only effect in viewdistance. If you use Blastcore, or have burning wracks around, the whole effect will lose it's particles and it will look very ugly (this can even happen with my effect at low graphics settings).

Please keep in mind: I don't want to create a cinematic effect for special case scenarios with nothing in the scene but the effect. I want to create a module that can be used in everyday scenarios in multiplayer with quite a lot of players.

Nevertheless I will try (and I actually doing right know) to improve my effect further and add more features and customization options.

Would it be possible to get a warhead for the RPG-42 and Titan, based on the Davy Crockett? Though, I worry now that might be asking too much, especially for what's just a mod adding a nuke module for Zeus.

Would it be possible to get a warhead for the RPG-42 and Titan, based on the Davy Crockett? Though, I worry now that might be asking too much, especially for what's just a mod adding a nuke module for Zeus.

Sure is that possible. I need to make a new version because of some bugs we found yesterday. After all the bugs are crushed I will build a handheld launcher. I also planned some bombs for the jets and a UAV variant.

Very pleased to have just found this thread, have been looking for a standalone a3 nuke mod for some time now.

Thanks for all your efforts

Has anyone here still got a downloaded file for this Mod please?

All links to it appear to not be working.

Many thanks