alexboy

C-RAM (Counter Rocket, Artillery, and Mortar)

Counter Rocket, Artillery, and Mortar

These are static weapons that can be manned by either AI or by Player users to destroy incoming rounds.

As of right now this is still a WIP... this is an alpha release so that the community can help give some input on this extremely long process of getting close to the final product.

http://i.imgur.com/rtR7ylU.jpg (554 kB)
http://i.imgur.com/NfU5V5r.jpg (397 kB)
http://i.imgur.com/3skr6fY.jpg (178 kB)
5HcxS2o.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LVIiCHg.jpg (408 kB)
http://i.imgur.com/Z2Wyxcd.jpg (419 kB)

Videos:

Future fixes/additions:
Fix weapon sound to a non-BI sound to make it more realistic (WIP)
Explosive ammo (explodes in the distance or on contact) (check)
Fix script to make it faster and more reliable (WIP)
Fix to track missiles (WIP)
Fix to animate faster to track fast moving object (WIP)
Add an Indestructible version and a version that can be destroyed
Add to weapons to target - MLRS missiles

CREDITS
ARMA 3 game engine: Bohemia Interactive
Author of original addon and concept: alexboy
Original Script: Bakerman
Config and implementation of scripts by: alexboy
Advisers: WarDoG/Rages123
Model: Adskad

And of course all the community members for being so kind and posting valuable information/tutorials and solutions about how to mod this game.

Attaching to Hemmit and Nimitz
Hemmit:

C-ram on Hemmit
Credits to jacob
@angelwingGamingJacob
heres a tutorial of a HEMMT mounted CRAM
1.Place a hemmt (non covered), name it P
2. place cram, in its init field put the following
this attachTo [p,[0,-2,-1]];
and boom mobile CRAM
i have tested and it works, targets things just fine

Nimitz:

@Jericko97
if u want it on the nimitz just name the nimitz P

and for and in the init field for the c_ram u put. this attachTo [p,[24,100,13]];
(for the front right gun)
and u put inn. this attachTo [p,[-20,100,13]];
(for the front left gun)

and one for the back of the ship

this attachTo [p,[14.5,-165.5,12.5]];

Version:
Alpha V1.0:

Changelog: Updated the script running the mortar tracking and taking down, more efficient but still not 100%

Sound works now, at least on my end of right now, more realistic galting sound, hopefully will find someone to make a custom one perfect for this... make it way better

Changed tracer rounds to be more like the c-ram, looks like a large straight spray of bullets, amazing sight at night

changed some config around in the phalanx's so that they run better

Changed the model a little to run better, future might try to find someone to texture it better and higher quality

Changed the script so each different type of artillery has different hit counts and ranges that they can be detected at.

NEW -> players can get in the c-ram and take down incoming rounds (gun automatically fires, issue cant figure out how to stop it if player is inside) 

Incoming rounds are marked with a red and white box, so that it is clearly seen when you are looking for it and also so it shows up on map.

Can target MLRS rounds now... 

Can target most Vanilla bombs from aircraft, and AG missles from jets and helicopters (still issues, due to the fact that they are close and fast, tracking issues)

Known issues: the explosions look off (due to the fact that it wont destroy the actual artillery round (harder to take out the rounds, can last longer) looks more realistic with explosions (rounds hitting the artillery)

Tracking can be off in the beginning may shoot at distant hills (for some reason sometimes white box lock on targets are placed on ground (just one) and the phalanx targets it and fires at it, but re allocates the incomming round and fires at it once it is in range.

The phalanx can get stuck between incoming rounds if there are more than one, most of the time can get all but sometimes cant allocate which to fire at, so it tries to fire at all of them at once... need to find a way to save all incoming rounds into an array and pre allocate the targeting from closest to farthest rounds.. to be more efficient... 

Also, need to make the phalanx to be more accurate to hit the target, need to figure out how to force the AI to lock onto the target so that the rounds can (page up) so that it is ranged in and the rounds actually hit the target and not pass way below (short time fix is that i increased the hit box for them, bad side, makes it look unrealistic...

Alpha V0.5 :
Changelog: Indestructible (armor: 100000) and a destructible (armor: 1000)
Explosive Ammo (explodes on contact or in air)
Fixed Script some (minor tweaks)
Fixed model (some pieces where invisible) and some other minor things
Alpha v0.0 : initial release

Been a lot of issues about installation
Installation: all addon files go into a mod folder as usual. But the userconfig must be placed in your arma 3 directory to work properly, without the addon will not work and/or display an error. Please do not forget

REQUIRED: CBA Addon
Download Link:
New version :https://www.mediafire.com/?0q45splg7iuzsc9

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png
C-RAM (Counter Rocket, Artillery, and Mortar) alpha 1

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@alex_ais.png

END USER LICENCE AGREEMENT
DISCLAIMER
You are permitted to install and use this software for personal entertainment purposes only. This add-on is meant for ARMA 3 game platform by Bohemia Interactive only. Any commercial or military use is strictly forbidden without permission from the author.

This addon is released under:
Creative Commons Licence
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs
cc_licence_logo_zps2fd557d7.png

for use in ARMA 3 version 1.04

Edited by alexboy
  • Like 2

lol angel add me on steam so i can see these attachto commands in action :P and thank you fuller

Nice. Alex, congrats on this one, looking forward to development of this project. This tech in combination with Nimitz can add some interesting gameplay aspect.

Nice. Alex, congrats on this one, looking forward to development of this project. This tech in combination with Nimitz can add some interesting gameplay aspect.

Agreed 100%

Thank you spartan! it is an honer to get such a compliment from you. Glad to see you still finding time to get on

I have a technical question re: the implementation: does this mod involve any modification/substitution of the existing artillery, i.e. what MMA did in A2 where the BI missiles/rounds would be replaced by MMA-specific ones, or are the mortar rounds (or even missiles) fired straight-up vanilla Arma 3 rounds/shells/missiles/bombs?

nothing is altered.... i was trying to do like mma... but couldnt figure it out for arma 3... everything is vanilla except for my cram and the script...

possibly future may be something like this... but still unknown... but yes everything is vanilla

I may be missing something here...but how do I get it to counter artillery? I placed them in the editor and waited a bit to make sure they initiated...and nothing.

The CRAM2 with missiles did engage air targets though.

nothing is altered.... i was trying to do like mma... but couldnt figure it out for arma 3... everything is vanilla except for my cram and the script...

possibly future may be something like this... but still unknown... but yes everything is vanilla

I remain curious as to how exactly the CRAM/the script are "detecting" incoming rounds, especially when you show a purported interception of a mortar round but lo0se's install of the CRAM is only engaging air targets and not reacting to incoming artillery.
;2692955']Gotta test it placing on the NIMITZ' date=' but didn´t test it against mortars... it doesn´t need a specific init for targeting mortars and other ordinance, does it? (just place/spawn and play???)[/quote']Stuff like this is what I'm asking, OP.

YAY! The C-RAM performed awesomely, it is so overkill that I didn´t included on my steamworkshop mission, or else no CSAT planes (Su-35s, MiG29K, Su-39 nor Neophron) could reach 2 miles near the NATO airfield on Takistan ;)

Gotta test it placing on the NIMITZ, but didn´t test it against mortars... it doesn´t need a specific init for targeting mortars and other ordinance, does it? (just place/spawn and play???)

cheers!

Awesome stuff! Just ran it through some tests, seemed to have issues tracking long range Arty but got mortars just fine. Noticed they seem to be invincible couldnt actually disable it.

Awesome stuff! Just ran it through some tests, seemed to have issues tracking long range Arty but got mortars just fine. Noticed they seem to be invincible couldnt actually disable it.
Issues would tracking would be one thing, but does it seem to engage at all re: "long range arty"? (I am primarily interested in how it's 'detecting' mortar fire.) As far as inability to disable, have you tried having infantry place and set off charges?

Issues would tracking would be one thing, but does it seem to engage at all re: "long range arty"? (I am primarily interested in how it's 'detecting' mortar fire.) As far as inability to disable, have you tried having infantry place and set off charges?

Here was my play-through.

I placed down the CRAM in the editor along with a M1A1.

I shot the CRAM with the AT rounds 5x and HE rounds 5x.

I then attempted to destroy it with 5x LGB from a A-10

CRAM didnt have a scratch and continued to function just fine.

Edited by N_Icomach
Better structure of post

Hey guys... sory I jsut woke up and looked at my config... I forgot to change the armor of the C-ram back to normal... had it on around 100000 for testing purposes (it use to kill itself by shooting at the ground) ill put the armor back to normal so it can be destroyed.... totally forgot I changed it

as for using it against mortars... you have to place the c-ram through game editor and have an AI unit inside of it also... the mortars have to come within range of the c-ram (some times doesnt fire due to the inaccuracy of the mortars themselves)

if your C-rams dont work... make sure you put the userconfig folder from the download into the userconfig folder in the game... it will not work without that also you have to have the alex_ais installed too

Hey guys... sory I jsut woke up and looked at my config... I forgot to change the armor of the C-ram back to normal... had it on around 100000 for testing purposes (it use to kill itself by shooting at the ground) ill put the armor back to normal so it can be destroyed.... totally forgot I changed it

as for using it against mortars... you have to place the c-ram through game editor and have an AI unit inside of it also... the mortars have to come within range of the c-ram (some times doesnt fire due to the inaccuracy of the mortars themselves)

if your C-rams dont work... make sure you put the userconfig folder from the download into the userconfig folder in the game... it will not work without that also you have to have the alex_ais installed too

Awesome! Let us know when that new link is out and ill gobble it up!

Alex, have been having trouble with your download link. Every time I click on download from the Mega site, it tells me it is starting but then does not complete the download. Is anyone else having this problem?

Ill send foxhound a message to upload it to his site... because these sites have limited download times (too many download at one time it crashes / stops) but ya hopefully foxhound will post a link

My 2 cents...thats awesome, would be great if an air raid siren went off in advance of the CRAM firing...so that nearby troops know mortars are inbound

a good thing to note if your CRAM isnt attacking artillery, it has, i repeat HAS to be from a enemy vehicle by an enemy unit, best workaround i would say when testing is to place a playable CSAT mortar to test or CSAT artillery gun

Sorry thought that would have been a given... yes the mortars have to be from enemy... so if you have Blufor units in cram CSAT artillery... if you have CSAT in the cram... blufor artillery...

as for the sound its a WIP if you were following on my discussion page... there was a video with an alarm in it... just have to implement it and it should work...

trying to find out how to place a trigger through script... that makes the alarm set off when certain csat are in the area or if there is a certain object coming in (alex_target) for example... and have the radius around 1600-2500

but i havent figured that out yet... so if anyone knows how to do this send me a message or post on here

plus i like how its invincible for Endless base defense purposes so maybe make one special for simply guarding bases without being destroyed.

btw dont let hostile infantry get 300 meters away, its bloody....very bloody...and pretty lights too