theevancat

The CSAT Modification Project (Release)

Will you ever do the CSAT Urban Camo like they have now, just on that uniform? I think it'd look nice.

The RPG 42 model fits, but the Titan family could be changed for another launcher IMO.

I think he meant "paint it black."

Because that's the plan.

Will you ever do the CSAT Urban Camo like they have now, just on that uniform? I think it'd look nice.

What do you mean? My urban camo on vanilla uniforms?

TheEvancat, just spotted a bug caused by a conflict between your mod and Vasilyevich´s Norwegian Forces, both addons combined are causing a strange bug on CSAT MRAPs(Zil Punisher/Ifrit, whatever you name): the wheels and backdoor vanishes (on armed version, the turret vanishes)! So, one of you guys (or both) messed something at the vehicle config that, when both addons are together, the MRAP is FUBARed...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=284271242

[EDIT] Damn... it must be some third party, Vasilyevich tested both mods and it was fine, and now, even with his mod disabled - and yours active - the bug is present, I´ll investigate and let you guys know If I spot the right conflict... sorry to bother =P

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

I think this is the culprit:

Yeah, I think that's when the replacement config tries to replace something that's being replaced by a different replacement config. Tries to apply the Strider/Shar textures to an Ifrit. I'll see what I can do in regards to fixing it.

Oooh, I totally missed it was already reported one pago ago, and I read all new pages of all major threads everyday =P Yeah, I have an active mod that adds (for all 3 main factions) all vanilla vehicles with winter/woodland/sand camo... maybe that one is to blame... do you recall this mod? I had the bad habit of stuffing lotsa addons on a same folder, so it may be mixed with a hundread other mods =P

;2727163']Oooh' date=' I totally missed it was already reported one pago ago, and I read all new pages of all major threads everyday =P Yeah, I have an active mod that adds (for all 3 main factions) all vanilla vehicles with winter/woodland/sand camo... maybe that one is to blame... do you recall this mod? I had the bad habit of stuffing lotsa addons on a same folder, so it may be mixed with a hundread other mods =P[/quote']

Well, not necessarily. Only if they directly replace the vanilla Ifrit. So something like AGM's vehicle names module could because it's really a replacement config that makes a new unit with same stats/appearance but a different name.

Well, not necessarily. Only if they directly replace the vanilla Ifrit. So something like AGM's vehicle names module could because it's really a replacement config that makes a new unit with same stats/appearance but a different name.

Good call! GLT mod replaces names and I don´t have it activated on my "light setup" which works alright... I´ll try disabling it and get back to ya ;)

[Edit] NOPE, GLT isn´t causing it... =/ need to find that said mod that adds extra camos for vanilla vehicles... anyone knows?

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

It's in CSAT replacement config. TheEvanCat I hope you don't mind, I made a small experiment, and just removed entries in config for Shar that was replacing original Ifrit, and now everything is fine, Ifrit model is displayed correctly without any bugs.

So may I suggest something? Perhaps the best would be to remove in replacement config entry for Shar replacing Ifrit and leave Ifrit as it is, so then Shar will be just optional in CSAT Alternative in editor? IMHO it's the simplest and best sollution.

I think he meant "paint it black."

Because that's the plan.

What do you mean? My urban camo on vanilla uniforms?

Other way around. I wanted to see what BI's original CSAT Urban camo looked like on your version of the uniforms. Was wondering.

It's in CSAT replacement config. TheEvanCat I hope you don't mind, I made a small experiment, and just removed entries in config for Shar that was replacing original Ifrit, and now everything is fine, Ifrit model is displayed correctly without any bugs.

So may I suggest something? Perhaps the best would be to remove in replacement config entry for Shar replacing Ifrit and leave Ifrit as it is, so then Shar will be just optional in CSAT Alternative in editor? IMHO it's the simplest and best sollution.

I could do that, or set up two configs. One with the custom vehicles (I'm getting someone to help out a new attack helicopter ingame as well) and one without.

So, quick news report. I have indeed set up two configs in the replacement folder, so there's one that doesn't include vehicles. I plan to include the Penah with the mask and the retextured weaponry (black RPGs) in the next mini-update.

If anyone has any bugs or issues, please state them now so I can address them in 1.3.5.

Edit: I also finished a retexture of the CSAT SOF units, since I liked the guerrilla sweaters.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577901446789242659/A9494FB1847400028D7636411E7C13E3C94F109E

Edited by TheEvanCat

Double update, but oh well, what the hell.

A lot has changed since yesterday, mostly in the form of texturing. Thanks to LeRoyOFinnegan for pointing out some marvelous dirt textures, so that means it's time for CMP to get filthy.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577901446803133610/EDBB732563FB1D30A0C4121F7551BB8012FB2486/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577901446817921150/9EFA0342BB178A8A58D7416EE3D07335FCC8AB52/

No screenshots of the Navy uniform, but that one features all-new dirt that emulates oil and paint stains from life onboard a ship. However, the camouflage hides it quite nicely.

This one didn't have the new uniform textures, but the radio has been redone:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577901446803667974/58665BCB4836283674E43D9D665705710B48998F/

And then another exciting development in military engineering: scientists have discovered that one can apply color-changing liquid substances (commonly known as "paint") to your face without severe damage to your beautiful mug.

So now you can be Iranian Arnold Schwarzenegger, appearing with a Predator mud mask:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577901446819195122/4130129E02D12D9B3127A6686B908728170237C4/

Or you can be prepared for a romp in the jungle with stylish new "classical" face camouflage:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577901446819644986/76B9758E81C75E9206A1B48671A42731F4550E41/

And this is only the tip of the iceberg, people. Bags, helmets, hats, and vests are all going to get the dirty treatment. 1.3.5 might just turn into 1.4 with all the stuff I've decided to add.

Edited by TheEvanCat

I've seen. Looks like a good program.

Anyways, does anyone have any information on how to add CMP to the Steam Workshop? I think I might want to chuck a version on there.

So, quick news report. I have indeed set up two configs in the replacement folder, so there's one that doesn't include vehicles. I plan to include the Penah with the mask and the retextured weaponry (black RPGs) in the next mini-update.

If anyone has any bugs or issues, please state them now so I can address them in 1.3.5.

Edit: I also finished a retexture of the CSAT SOF units, since I liked the guerrilla sweaters.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577901446789242659/A9494FB1847400028D7636411E7C13E3C94F109E

404 not found error with the image.

Would love to see the new iteration of the Navy camo btw with all the dirt and oil. :)

Im guessing that AK is from HLCs AK pack?

404 not found error with the image.

Would love to see the new iteration of the Navy camo btw with all the dirt and oil. :)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/577901446789242659/A9494FB1847400028D7636411E7C13E3C94F109E/

I added a lot of dirt and oil stains, but it doesn't really show too well. I guess the uniform is being a bit too good at its job for my liking!

Plus I think I'm redoing dirt textures because once everything was done they looked positively filthy: not just in-theater filthy, but "they've worn the same clothes for four months and have rolled around in a giant mudpile for six straight hours every single day" nasty.

would be great to have some type of woodland camo version too. for really green maps like some from arma 2. just to be able to use them everywhere as an enemy. i really dig their silhouette with the uniform and th helmet. great job!

would be great to have some type of woodland camo version too. for really green maps like some from arma 2. just to be able to use them everywhere as an enemy. i really dig their silhouette with the uniform and th helmet. great job!

I've been working on it. Problem is I'd need to do a whole lot of menial configging, so it'll take some time.

If you could ever make this alive compatible i would love you <3

I've been working on it. Problem is I'd need to do a whole lot of menial configging, so it'll take some time.

don't worry about it. it's just a suggestion. i've been playing more on chernarus lately and was having that thought since i really like their look and would love them as generic woodland enemies no matter if CSAT being as far as eastern europe would make sense or not.

keep it up. i'm not a future setting hater but i can't stand the look of default csat so this addon really kidna fixed the game for me. thx a lot!

If you could ever make this alive compatible i would love you <3

That's been on the to-do list as well. Are there any guides that you know of?

Also, the replacement config should overwrite the regular units so you can use mine in place of the vanilla ones.

That's been on the to-do list as well. Are there any guides that you know of?

Also, the replacement config should overwrite the regular units so you can use mine in place of the vanilla ones.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Unit_Mod_Config_Standardisation

That is the guide. Format follows that and everything should work just fine