Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Middle East Conflict mod

@Bullsh

I explained the sides earlier in the thread. It is very easy for mission makers to change the side of any unit. It takes much less effort to do so than for me to change a faction's side. If you need a more permanent solution, make a config mod to change the sides. Also, the Aggressor's mod features Taliban on the REDFOR side.

@Günter Severloh

It would be more ballache for me than I am willing to put up with. However, as the license states:

You may reverse-engineer this addon for your personal use. You may NOT distribute altered versions of this addon without my written permission. You may NOT use this addon or any derivatives thereof in any way for monetary gain. You may NOT use this addon or derivatives thereof as part of any submission to any contest of any kind (especially not for the "Make Arma Not War" contest by BIS).

I dont know if this mod is compatible with AGM but e tested a few missions and my friends have been saying that its takes way too many rounds to kill one Taliban guy. I thought it was Massi's weapons that were too weak but the CUP weapons are the same. Without AGM its works fine and Taliban guys go down like bullets through butter.

Anyone else have problems like this or it me? Here's a link to a video. If its a know problem, any future updates to resolve this "Superman" problem with AGM?

All in all this is a great update with beautiful skin on guys we wanna take down!

I thought it was Massi's weapons that were too weak but the CUP weapons are the same. Without AGM its works fine and Taliban guys go down like bullets through butter.

Anyone else have problems like this or it me? Here's a link to a video. If its a know problem, any future updates to resolve this "Superman" problem with AGM?

Given what you've described, wouldn't it be up to AGM to resolve this?

Given what you've described, wouldn't it be up to AGM to resolve this?

But the thing is that if I use the vanilla units or Massi's mod units to kill the same guys, they go down with 1-3 5.56mm or 1 7.62mm to the torso with AGM on. The superman effect only happens with the certain MEC mod units or if you're using the M249 (at least that's what I tested)

I've tested all of the Boko Haram guys and i'll say 60% will die right away, while the rest will go into an unconscious state with an AK and a bullet to the head wont kill them. That's with the CUP units.

I've also tested the same units with Massi's weapons and same thing occurs on the same guys that died instantly but less percentage of instant death.

One example was the Boko Haram Reg Rifleman and Squad Leader with AGM on.

1) One shot from vz56 (CZ AK) from CUP would kill him

2) One shot from SCAR from Massi would kill him

3) One shot from MX (Vanilla) would kill squad leader but 1 magazine would just down the Rifleman.

4) An entire belt from M249 from Massi would not kill him.

Does it only happen with units wearing dishdashs? Does it happen with all dishdashas or only certain varieties?

But the thing is that if I use the vanilla units or Massi's mod units to kill the same guys, they go down with 1-3 5.56mm or 1 7.62mm to the torso with AGM on. The superman effect only happens with the certain MEC mod units or if you're using the M249 (at least that's what I tested)

I've tested all of the Boko Haram guys and i'll say 60% will die right away, while the rest will go into an unconscious state with an AK and a bullet to the head wont kill them. That's with the CUP units.

I've also tested the same units with Massi's weapons and same thing occurs on the same guys that died instantly but less percentage of instant death.

One example was the Boko Haram Reg Rifleman and Squad Leader with AGM on.

1) One shot from vz56 (CZ AK) from CUP would kill him

2) One shot from SCAR from Massi would kill him

3) One shot from MX (Vanilla) would kill squad leader but 1 magazine would just down the Rifleman.

4) An entire belt from M249 from Massi would not kill him.

This suddenly makes a lot of sense as to why I dumped several 203s into a rifleman as well as several magazines and he would just not go down. Followed by 3 RPGs....

So I went back to test with the RPK (CUP) and everyone died except for Taliban and Boko Haram that were wearing Dishdashas. The results are all over the place. Maybe whatever scripting you did with everyone else bullet damage model can transition over to the Taliban or Boko Haram.

So here's a few testing...

Anything 556 or smaller will not kill them (Massi or CUP) even headshots. 762 NATO (semi auto) or up will kill from CUP.

Vanilla 762 NATO on the mk14 EBR or Massi's 762 NATO, which will knock them unconscious and even after 5rds to center mass no confirm kill. Having some problems with 762 NATO on MGs like mk48 in CUP will kill but not m240 on either.

PKM (CUP) will kill them but when they fall unconscious, it takes too many rounds to kill. PKM (Massi) will kill sometimes but most of the times they fall unconscious and sometimes they'll die after 5 rounds sometimes A LOT MORE, which is too much even for 5rds.

762 AK Massi will kill but 762 AK CUP will not, they'll get knock down but no kill after 5rds once again to center mass. I'm not sure if VS121 in CUP is AK rounds but they dont work. 545 will not kill for either.

Shotguns will kill.

50cal will kill.

Frag will not kill but 40mm will kill but only Massi.

Sorry if this to too much, I wasnt meaning to criticize if you or anyone thought that. I just want myself and everyone else to enjoy killing some Taliban with AGM on. In the meantime, I'll enjoy killing Taliban with AGM off :D

Edited by korea115

Does it only happen with units wearing dishdashs? Does it happen with all dishdashas or only certain varieties?

I was using the CUP weapons and the RHS weapons. Same results as korea is getting. But any units that don't have the dishdashas will die properly. I put several 203 HEDP rounds on a small group of people and they would not die. Certainly makes things more challenging but I imagine the problem isn't between the weapon packs and your mod but AGM and the dishdashas.

Any possibility of an HLC compatibility patch with this?

Would be pretty nice

Edit: I'm making my own small compatibility patch, but it's only for Irregulars and SAA. I can't really be bothered and am not interested in doing it for the others.

If you'd like however, when I'm finished I can upload what I have done with the SAA and Irregulars and you can continue on from there.

Edited by Araknid

In the meantime, I'll enjoy killing Taliban with AGM off :D

There's your answer folks.

If it's related to AGM, raise it with them. This pack conforms to the vanilla damage model/values, as it seems to with CUP, Massi and RHS weapons.

I realise AGM is a popular and widely used mod, but please understand that, (if I may speak for Drongo too) our modding time is our own and working on cross-compatibility with third-party mods we don't use ourselves is low on the order of priorities.

Thanks everyone for your support, feedback and comments.

Edit: I'm making my own small compatibility patch, but it's only for Irregulars and SAA. I can't really be bothered and am not interested in doing it for the others.

If you'd like however, when I'm finished I can upload what I have done with the SAA and Irregulars and you can continue on from there.

I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate that. Can I request that you include the source and a license in your release so that people can figure out how to make their own patches for whichever factions and weapons they prefer?

Decided to not be lazy and just do all the factions, will upload and post here when I'm done.

Would prefer if you included it in your next release or something rather than me making a seperate release for it

Very good of you to do this Araknid, an HCL version of MEC would be an amazing upgrade for it, especially with taliban and Islamic State factions,

thank you for your time and effort in doing such a project for a great mod like MEC!

removed until proper version is finished

Edited by Araknid

Is the CUP requirement for this mod only because of the default weapons that you assign the units? Because if that's all it is, can you please release a version without them so that you don't force us to use CUP in order to make use of these factions? Because it looks great, but none of the groups that I play with care to use the CUP.

The CUP is great and all, but I think that it should be done with existing high quality stuff like the HLC AKs or the RHS stuff... rather than just direct rips from ArmA 2 and spliced into ArmA 3 where most of the models and textures look very much out of place.

So as a group, write your own config then.... Why should these guys be doing bespoke configs for a group because they prefer not to use a mod that everyone else uses quite happily.

Sheesh, do you know how complex it is to write these things each time someone decided they want to use a different weapon set ?

Is the CUP requirement for this mod only because of the default weapons that you assign the units? Because if that's all it is, can you please release a version without them so that you don't force us to use CUP in order to make use of these factions? Because it looks great, but none of the groups that I play with care to use the CUP.

The CUP is great and all, but I think that it should be done with existing high quality stuff like the HLC AKs or the RHS stuff... rather than just direct rips from ArmA 2 and spliced into ArmA 3 where most of the models and textures look very much out of place.

CUP looks great on the Royal Marines and these guys sooo.....

Sort of doubt you even loaded it up.

The dishadasha issue...

Its certainly a conflict with AGM and the dishadasha. I removed the difficulty and ballistic modules to no avail. The AGM guys think its probably a conflict with the medical module and this one piece of clothing not being configured compatibly. I know its not your job to make everything compatible, but your mod is popular and their mod is popular and they compliment each other. Would be much appreciated if this issue could be looked into.

I as well am seeing an issue with the dishdasha wearing units. Any alive group that pops a unit wearing that is unkillable. Even going into zeus and hitting them with artillery doesn't faze them. All non-DD units die normally. Once I also saw an error message about "dishadasha not loading" or something like that. I was using Boko Haram. Oh and I don't use and even even installed AGM either.

I'm pretty sure there's a missing texture for one of the dishdashas. I get the popup too, I just close it and its fine.

I'm using ALiVE too, but I've not had a problem dropping ALiVE spawned boko haram with anything bigger than 5.56. Frags usually just put them asleep if using AGM.

I think the dishdashas are completely FUBAR'd.

Note, I didn't run this test, just copying from someone in my clan.

7:47:01 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_co.paa.

7:47:01 Warning Message: Cannot load material file cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket.rvmat.

7:47:01 Cannot load material file cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket.rvmat

7:47:01 Warning: Unsupported UVSet 2

7:47:01 Warning: Unsupported UVSet 3

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_co.paa.

7:47:02 Warning: Unsupported UVSet 2

7:47:02 Warning: Unsupported UVSet 3

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_co.paa.

7:47:02 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 666, removed rightforearmroll

7:47:02 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 666, removed rightforearmroll

7:47:02 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 1618, removed leftforearmroll

7:47:02 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, too many bones (more than 4) on vertex 1618, removed leftforearmroll

7:47:02 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(0), Selection injury_hands needs a section. The shadow volume may not work well.

7:47:02 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(0), Selection injury_legs needs a section. The shadow volume may not work well.

7:47:02 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:geometryFire, vertex: 11, sum of weights is 150, should be 100

7:47:02 Warning: middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:geometryFire, vertex: 95, sum of weights is 150, should be 100

7:47:02 Warnings in middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(1000)

7:47:02 Warnings in middleeastconflict\gear\dishdasha\cps_disha2.p3d:shadow(1000)

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_nohq.paa.

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_as.paa.

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_smdi.paa.

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_ti_ca.paa.

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_nohq.paa.

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\w1_cps_disha_jacket_mc.paa.

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_as.paa.

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_smdi.paa.

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\cps_disha_jacket_ti_ca.paa.

7:47:02 Warning Message: Cannot load texture cps_clothing\data\w2_cps_disha_jacket_mc.paa.

I had left the old path in the rvmat files for the shemags and dishdashas. This will be fixed in the next release.

Drongo, I am sorry if this has already been discussed but I ran into the following problem:

On playwithSIX MEC has dependencies with @RDS_StaticW_CAG instead of the normal RDS_Static aswell as Massi's Weapon Pack. @RDS_StaticW_CAG is furthermore dependent on CAG.

The automatic dependency-download of pwS thus loads Massi's pack and CAG (each several hundred MB) which afaik are not necessary. I could not yet figure out how to bypass this without removing MEC from my collection and load it manually from Armaholic.

Would it be possible for you to correct the dependencies on pwS?

Edit: corrected information

Edited by CfX

MEC has no dependencies on Aggressors or Massi's weapons. Please contact PWS about the problem.

I confirm the problem with PWS

and I say , keep up the good work because your mod offer the best Opfor factions available on AIII