Sign in to follow this  
Sterlingarcherz101

Would you pay for "modern warfare" dlc

Just curious as to how people would welcome a dlc based on todays army , instead of the futuristic setting of the arma 3 one. Say like a prequel to the "futuristic war"....

Keep it short n sweet. If you are glad to see the back of the old cobra ,apache, weapons armor types feel free to say so.

No.

Modders do everything much better. I will donate to them before I waste another penny on incomplete and/or broken stuff.

If by that you mean not a direct A2 port but an improvement of the models and textures, adding all A3 features and adding/keeping the lastest stuff ( Multicam uniform with a realistic cut, OSKOSH M-ATV, etc. ). Then by all means yes.

That could be really cool specially if were added some new factions, maybe a 2014 AAF, a 2014 Turkish Army, etc.

( BTW wouldn't have been better for your propose to add a poll to the thread? )

The game already is modern warfare. Its just alternate timeline. Nothing in the game can't exist right now.

You mean "contemporary" warfare. Modders have this covered already.

You mean "contemporary" warfare. Modders have this covered already.

I disagree.

Neither Bis neither Modder (at this time) as covered that Area.

We are far years light from the (number) of add-on of Arma2 about "contemporary" warfare.

Well, I suppose that if you think about it and turn a blind eye on a few things then the previous Armas covered what was 'contemporary' warfare at the time. I mean Takistan is obvious, but Chernarus could represent any of the flashpoints that Russia's been in in the last 10 or so years, with a 'what if' with the US intervention.

To answer your question, OP: No

That's what I have mods for, hahahahaha!

I would, for top quality modern warfare DLC that features NEW content.

I disagree.

Neither Bis neither Modder (at this time) as covered that Area.

We are far years light from the (number) of add-on of Arma2 about "contemporary" warfare.

We need to remember that we are also years short from overall Arma2 modding time.

Modders do everything much better. I will donate to them before I waste another penny on incomplete and/or broken stuff.

i too

depends the content the dlc will give me

If by that you mean not a direct A2 port but an improvement of the models and textures, adding all A3 features and adding/keeping the lastest stuff
Aka exactly what Maruk said that the devs would not do...?

As with 13isLucky I am voting no because "That's what I have mods for."

I would, for top quality modern warfare DLC that features NEW content.

We need to remember that we are also years short from overall Arma2 modding time.

You are right.

And That's probably it's the reason of the request of the Op.

About me: yes. I would pay for a good quality add-on (t-90; f22; M2A2 and so on)

Edited by Eymerich

I'm bored with modern warfare. Every game is modern warfare.

I'd rather see a 60's, 70's, or even 80's expansion that changes things up a bit. We've been doing modern warfare since OFP.

There was something nostalgic and fun about OFP's 80's setting.

21st Century..Hell yea..I woudnt love to see any more arma 2 changed ports..dont realy enjoj to see that. but i have trust in bis and i hope it will be great.

PS. I WANT CARTS :D

Yes in some manners.. I hope they do something like they did with arma 2.. when they came out with Arma 2 OA.. That is something i would probably pay for.

I don't understand why people are always wanting to pay for more content when the game's features aren't even complete.

CUP is a thing, so...no, wouldn't buy DLC for already existing content.

I don't understand why people are always wanting to pay for more content when the game's features aren't even complete.

Because, most probably, content is a feature... :)

I agree with HJohnson..nothing in the game cant exist right now...and probably does someplace..modern is a broad term.

Why would I pay for DLC when Arma has argueably the best Modders out their and the content is shared freely among the community...the modders don't Mod for the money..they mod for the love of the game..answer is "No" I would not pay for "Modern Warfare" content

JC

NOPE

Going back to vehicles that entered service over 20 years ago isn’t my idea of modern, just current.

As others have said, what we have right now is pretty much “Modernâ€. I wouldn’t mind current vehicles as well such as HMMWVs and Apaches but….

I’m not sure I’ll be paying for anything else until the broken features that we already have are fixed. ….I love ArmA 3, but I’m very glad I bought it during Alpha and didn’t pay full price.

E.G.

Falling through floors

Breakable windows or just take them out if they can’t make it happen.

Changing Weapons quickly while on the move.

Bipods

Stuck aiming down the sights when closing the map

Fix the view from driving inside trucks… (Lower it so your eyes aren’t against the roof.)

Wounding System

Damage system for vehicles… (Shoot the tires out on an MRAP and the windows no longer stop bullets.)

Some sort of suppression

Ability to fire from vehicles

Ability to use GPS inside tanks as driver

Interior for vehicles

Sounds (Extremely loud reload, Rocket sounds, Whisper?)

Something that would be nice….

User Interface menu. (Number keys for gear…See Wish list.)

Multi-Player Optimization

Multi-Player Lobby and In Lobby Squad System. (Join a squad with your friends while in the lobby, then find and join a game all together with the assurance you’ll be on the same team.)

Very much this - As much as I'd like to I can't justify spending another cent on what to me feels like grossly unfinished and to en extend broken game that has been officially released a year ago.

Furthermore while more content is always welcome whether paid or from our modders, the official content aside of being pretty is not exactly rich in features and I personally do have issue with that.

Just look at the hit point system that we chose to deal with by buying this game as of present - 2014

I'd very happy to throw my dosh on DLC as long as it's quality ( no, not pretty only ) content that is functioning well ( and no I don't mean just bug free ) than by all means, please charge me 20 quid for it

Edited by Bee8190