Sign in to follow this  
Mr_B_A_Baracus

iOGC.co.uk Arma 3 Wasteland Server

Hi folks,

I would like to officially announce iOGC's Arma 3 PERSISTENT Wasteland server. It has been running for a few weeks now with a few minor adjustments:

1. Persistent/lockable vehicles have arrived, see below posts for details!

2. Player/Base/Money/Bought Ammo Crates persistent

3. Player persistence is automatic.

4. Automatic restarts every 4 hours.

5. Other top secret vehicle options should follow in the following weeks!

You can find it by filtering iOGC or on 188.138.122.37.

We are a small community of mature gamers (not a clan) who play many different games but mostly Arma 2/3. We have regular Arma nights on a Wednesday night at 20:00GMT, not always on the Wasteland server, all are welcome and over 18s are welcome to join us on TS. Sign up at www.iogc.co.uk.

If you have any input/suggestions/bug reports, please discuss them in this thread.

Thanks to all involved in creating Wasteland!

Edited by Mr_B_A_Baracus

Persistent vehicle details:

1. You can take ownership of one of each vehicle type (car/tank/helicopter) this means it will be saved on server restart.

- You will get the option on the vehicle only if you don't already own one of this type and it is unlocked or it is locked and you have a key.

- If you own the vehicle you will get a disown vehicle option on the vehicle

- there is always a 'Toggle Vehicle Ownership menu' option available, if you toggle this it will show/hide the option to disown any of your currently owned vehicles (in case they are at the other side of the map!)

2. You can 'Replace Locks' on a vehicle if you are within 40m of a general store. This will cost $500 and take 60 seconds. Once replaced, you will be a key holder and can lock and unlock the vehicle. You can only replace the locks on an unlocked vehicle or on a locked one if you are a keyholder. Replacing the locks will mean any existing keyholders will no longer be able to lock/unlock the vehicle.

3. If you die, you lose your keys and your ownership of all vehicles.

4. You can search a dead body for keys but (this will annoy some of you I'm sure) you can't search your 'own' dead body for keys!

Current known issues:

1. When the server first starts up after a reboot, it seems to take a long time to spawn all the random vehicles. During this time you will not be able to lock/unlock your vehicles! Will look into some sort of fix for this as it is annoying, but will only happen every 4hrs.

Edited by Mr_B_A_Baracus

Not only is the persistant server amazing but the players are all very nice and welcoming

come along and join in some ArmaIII wasteland action :D

what method did you use for persistence?

Im trying hard to find working scripts or sample missions that work, anything i try doesnt work ;/

We used inidb. Basic persistence was already included in the Wasteland mission but i had to do some fairly major scripting and changes to implement full persistence with vehicles and automatic character saving etc.

Our Wasteland server is down for now, we have an Insurgency server running instead, there may be something similar back up in the winter though when I have more time to script!