This addon is dead, long live the separate releases!

Links to their threads.

Wamako,  African island

Sturkö, Swedish island.

Edited by granq

Should we take it to be the case that future iterations of @sfp will no longer include Wamako, strictly assets? I ask this since that's one thing that sits well with me, but having to also have @A3MP not so much...

Still requires swedish Pack ? Can you tell us what the requirement is?

I'd like to download, but as standalone, what will be missing ?

Cheers

SJ

Should we take it to be the case that future iterations of @sfp will no longer include Wamako, strictly assets? I ask this since that's one thing that sits well with me, but having to also have @A3MP not so much...

I will not use @a3mp assets on Wamako.. not so sure with our own models. I will try keep it so Wamako can be used "stand alone" even if I personally think everyone should have SFP ;) But I also understand that perhaps you want to use French addons with some other OPFOR than ours. If that doesn't lower the quality or cause extra work for us, then why not :)

Serjames, this release requires what is stated under requires :p

In future:

Rosö, SFP and probably a3mp

Sturkö, SFP and for sure A3MP

Wamako, standalone (except if you want the african units/weapons then SFP)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (granQ) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Still requires swedish Pack ? Can you tell us what the requirement is?

I'd like to download, but as standalone, what will be missing ?

Cheers

SJ

Sturkö uses all our custom objects and houses from Swedish Forces Pack to give a nice Swedish feeling on the island. Without SFP you'll be left with the familiar autumn trees and a couple of Czech wooden houses :)

Thanks for the detail. I liked Wamaco for sure when I gave it a test run a little while ago.. Has anyone put it forward to the ALiVE team for indexing ?

SJ

Wow this is great.

I dont have that req map pack yet. Been having low space on the disk and all maps coming out uses that pack. Time to organize the space. :)

Tack!

Rosö, SFP and probably a3mp

Sturkö, SFP and for sure A3MP

Welp, definitely not using Sturkö then... that's what my inquiry was about. And re: Wamako, that's fine -- previously Wamako was part of SFP anyway so I saw no issue.

This is unbelievable! :eek:(sorry for offending you all)

But why do I need to download over 6 GIGs when I already have arma 2! :confused: (referring to the A3MP pack)

Can this be compatible with the AiA mod, or am I just wasting my money? :(

Ranwer

Edited by Ranwer

It should work just fine with AiA!

Edited by ZiP

Will love to use it with a3mp. I love Scandinavian landscapes. Thank you!

Looks sweet, must be time for downloading the SFP and test it all out... Will be looking forward to the upcoming maps...

New mod v0.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@sfp_islands.png

@ Swedish Forces Mod Team;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

I like the outpost at 012 202, with bad weather it's nice and rough. And so peaceful :D

2014-03-25_00004osutn.jpg

Will you improve the typical swedish red colored houses? Currently they look very clean and artificial.

BTW, I think it's ArmA? The lighting is so extreme, but I think I have seen it pretty often. It's 5pm and overcast level of 0.1. Houses and trees are soooo bright...

2014-03-25_00005rsjdy.jpg

Edited by tortuosit

Yes, some of the models are quite old, this is on our todo list for future releases

First, regarding the lightning..

If you checked many of the custom islands released there is an annoying box to the upper left, this is related to the config file. In order to get our release out I decided to "Keep it simple stupid", so basicly we got the same lighting as Altis.

I plan to tweak this and the water color to give it a more "nothern" touch. Its bit annoying when it gets so bright but SFP work with "constant" upgrades so it will be fixed soon.

Buildings, yeah.. working on it. Plan is to fill them with interior models aswell. Worked one today, so you can see the difference :)

OLD

barrack_old.jpg

New version (rvmat still to be added)

barrack_new.jpg

Kind of sad that those maps need A3MP, but I can't really blame as Chernarus assets would definitely make it look more normal, what with colder weather and all. Also, seeing how nice these maps are and how servers or mission makers might want to use them with vanilla units or other such mods, it'd would be nice to see SFP not a dependency.

New release, fixed bridges and lightning issues.

Also, would like to point out that its possible to use A3MP OR All in Arma depending on your preference.

Edited by granQ

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (granQ) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

New version released, up 500 mb but also includes the Wamako island and no longer should require SFP for working.