Sign in to follow this  
diesel5187

NATO Striders

NATO Striders

My unit and I have wanted a better looking and more versatile MRAP, since many thought the Hunter was not cutting I was requested to do a simple re-texture and re-classing of the Striders from Independent Forces to the NATO forces.

Compared to other version of this mod this is the most efficient as it weighs in at a whooping 1.87 kb.

Pictures:

o6QxrCn.jpg

2014-03-02_00001-1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IWj4O6x.jpg

V1.0:

-Initial Release

-Signed and key is included

-NATO>Cars>

Strider

Strider HMG

Strider GMG

Known Issues:

-I am unable to retexture the interior.

-From the interior of the vehicle, the exterior of the vehicle looks green.

Download:

dropbox-logo.png

news_download_a3_3.png

SteamWorkshoplogo_1328763363.jpg

Credits:

-Diesel5187 for the script.

-BIS for the textures and the game.

-BadHabitz for teaching Diesel5187 basic scripting. THANK YOU!

Edited by Diesel5187

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@nato_strider.png

@ Diesel5187 ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I already made a mod for this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22829

But nice work anyways.

I know bud. The thing is my unit wanted a much lighter version. I already knew that the vanilla game had the textures so I made a quick script for it last night. Check it out!

class CfgPatches 
{
class NATO_Striders 
{  
	units[] = {"NATO_Strider", "NATO_Strider_HMG", "NATO_Strider_GMG"};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.100000;
	requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};

class CfgVehicles {
/*extern*/ class MRAP_03_base_F;

class NATO_Strider: MRAP_03_base_F {
	author = "Diesel";
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "Strider";
	side = 1;
	faction = "BLU_F";
	crew = "B_soldier_F";
	typicalCargo[] = {"B_Soldier_lite_F"};
	hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo1", "Camo2"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\soft_f_beta\MRAP_03\Data\mrap_03_ext_co.paa", "\a3\data_f\vehicles\turret_co.paa"};
};

/*extern*/ class MRAP_03_hmg_base_F;

class NATO_Strider_HMG: MRAP_03_hmg_base_F {
	author = "Diesel";
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "Strider HMG";
	side = 1;
	faction = "BLU_F";
	crew = "B_soldier_F";
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\soft_f_beta\MRAP_03\Data\mrap_03_ext_co.paa", "\a3\data_f\vehicles\turret_co.paa"};
};

/*extern*/ class MRAP_03_gmg_base_F;

class NATO_Strider_GMG: MRAP_03_gmg_base_F {
	author = "Diesel";
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "Strider GMG";
	side = 1;
	faction = "BLU_F";
	crew = "B_soldier_F";
};
};
//};

What I am going to work on next is to see if I can re-texture the interior so it matches the exterior.

It's a pity how Arma3 tries to sell the Fennek as MRAP (= mine resistant, ambush protected). This two-seater recon car (no space in the back, all cramped with electronics) is totally flat on the bottom and only weakly armored (just vs. small arms, won't withstand a .50), so if you drive onto anything bigger than a firecracker, you are done for. The Dingo for example is a decent MRAP (with V-shaped hull etc.) that has proved to be a life saver. But the Fennek is roughly on the level of an uparmored Humvee. It's a small, low silhouette and VERY silent vehicle build for reconnaissance that better stays out of action. Ahh, where are the days when Arma tried to be as realistic as possible, I just can't help it, the whole Arma3 setting gives me the heebie jeebies...

Not your fault of course, nice addon! Always good if something can be done just with a config.

It's a pity how Arma3 tries to sell the Fennek as MRAP (= mine resistant, ambush protected). This two-seater recon car (no space in the back, all cramped with electronics) is totally flat on the bottom and only weakly armored (just vs. small arms, won't withstand a .50), so if you drive onto anything bigger than a firecracker, you are done for. The Dingo for example is a decent MRAP (with V-shaped hull etc.) that has proved to be a life saver. But the Fennek is roughly on the level of an uparmored Humvee. It's a small, low silhouette and VERY silent vehicle build for reconnaissance that better stays out of action. Ahh, where are the days when Arma tried to be as realistic as possible, I just can't help it, the whole Arma3 setting gives me the heebie jeebies...

Not your fault of course, nice addon! Always good if something can be done just with a config.

Thank you. I can't stand that there isn't any just "basic" vehicles. Everything is armored and big. Hummvees look small compared to these. I can't see an army using Stryders, and Hunters, and especially Ifrits around everywhere. They are twice as big and carry half the passengers. I think bi has gotten way too comfortable with the gigantic amount user made content. Why bother making more than one vehicle? Save money. Give them one awkward vehicle that creates a need for basic vehicles and let the community make up the difference. There are still no fixed wing and this game has been out a long time.

Back on topic, is the only difference between these stryders and Nightmares the weight?

Mainly the weight, it is also signed and has its server key. I would need to look at Nights code so see if there are other differences.

Mine just call on the latest BIS assets, no modification what so ever.

Mine AFAIK has an inventory with NATO weapons and what not, but that may just be my OAS BAF mod, idk.

@Nightmare515, that is a smart move, good going. If I update it will be just 5 med packs and leave people room to store whatever they want.

Looks good, can't wait to see what you put put next.

is it possible to get the ".psd" file for the stride to retexture it for my altis life map? Need it for an "Police Version".

is it possible to get the ".psd" file for the stride to retexture it for my altis life map? Need it for an "Police Version".

Sorry, I don't have a psd file since I didn't actually re-texture the vehicle. This texture is in vanilla arma 3, those are the locations of both textures, one for the body, the other for the turret. (the single turret file is the texture for the HMG and GMG)

Edited by Diesel5187

SteamWorkshoplogo_1328763363.jpg

dropbox-logo.png

NATO Striders Updated

Change Log:

V 1.1

-Removed independent weapons from vehicles inventory.

Edited by Diesel5187

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

In what way is this mod different (and therefore completely useless) if I just put this in the init of a strider?

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,'\A3\soft_f_beta\mrap_03\data\mrap_03_ext_co.paa'];this setObjectTextureGlobal [1,'\A3\data_f\vehicles\turret_co.paa'];

I guess it's usefull for scriptophobe noobs. ^^

But yeah it's nothing actually new.

In what way is this mod different (and therefore completely useless) if I just put this in the init of a strider?

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,'\A3\soft_f_beta\mrap_03\data\mrap_03_ext_co.paa'];this setObjectTextureGlobal [1,'\A3\data_f\vehicles\turret_co.paa'];

Yeah, nothing new there, the difference is that the unit is scripted to be on the BluFor side. This was requested by my old unit because they sometimes play against the Independent side.

Also, if you have the vehicle respawn, it will respawn with the correct texture. So if it is useless for you, just move along, it does have its use for other players. :cheers: