Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3

ARMA3-02-27-201416-48-50_zpsb1b0884f.jpg

ok it was a huge try and finally I've got it :)

These are the default US helicopters from ArmA 2 and it is just an import to ArmA 3 using mostly default textures - sounds - etc.

These birds are fully functional in ArmA 3 stable version and I don't know if there is any conflict with any other addon or if they are working also in dev branch.

NOTE: Some modifications have been made to 3d models adding some ArmA 3 abilities.

Helicopters:

UH1H Huey

UH1Y Venom

UH60M Blackhawk

UH60M-MEV

AH-1Z Cobra

AH64 Apache

CH47F Chinook

Classnames:

UH1H
UH1Y
UH60M
UH60M_MEV
AH1Z
AH64D
CH_47F

These vehicles can be found under : BLUFOR -NATO - US Helicopters.

All credits for this release belong to BIS as is the respective owner of 3d and main texture files.

This addon has no other mod (or addon) dependency and it is properly signed.

- No mod folder structure is included. -

UPDATE v2

After a lot of work I believe that it is time to update this addon as a great number of community people asked for.

Changelog:

- UH1Y non viewable cargo ... FIXED
- CH47F wreck issue ... FIXED
- CH47F flares issue ... FIXED
- CH47F copilot issue ... FIXED
- UH1H stability issue ... IMPROVED
- UH60M flares issue ... FIXED
- UH60M rotor animation during formation ... FIXED
- Tracers color ... FIXED
- HUDs issues ... FIXED
- Number for Chaff / Flares ... INCREASED
- Available support types ... CAS ADDED
- Parachute backpacks ... ADDED
- First aid kits ... ADDED
- Medikits ... ADDED
- Crosshairs ... FIXED
- UH1Y gunners unable to be killed using a rifle - FIXED
- CH47F resize - 15% UPSCALED
- Sounds - ALL SOUNDS REPLACED BY ArmA 2 ORIGINAL
- Flight Characteristics - IMPROVED
- UH1Y glass needs to be less clear - IMPROVED
- Hellfires sound loudness - REDUCED
- Improved Colision Lights - THANKS TO fullerpj

Note: This version completely replaces all previous files.

On that update also server key is included.

Known issues

- Still some helis seems to have heavy handling (Unable to do something better on that)

Update v3

Probably the last update for this mod as the most of reported issues have been fixed and just for few might still remain I'm unable to reproduce them so I can't make anything more about.

Changelog:

- Visual & aural locking warnings FIXED
- Hellfires crosshair CHANGED
- Air to Ground locking issue FIXED
- Air to Air locking issue FIXED
- UH60 rotor animation issue FIXED
- Chinook minigun rotation issue FIXED
- Hydra rockets fire rate changed (1 by 1)
- Some other minor details 

Note: This version completely replaces all previous files.

Primary Download Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5we6lvfh77ud6cd/HAFM_ArmA2_Helis_Final_v3.rar

HAFM Server Key Download Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ujbcbdcb8qii8vs/HAFM_Server_Key.rar

Armaholic Link : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24845

Aplion

Edited by Aplion
  • Like 1

Looks good man - does it use A2 flight-model and physics? Or have you implemented A3 fm and physX?

Looks good man - does it use A2 flight-model and physics? Or have you implemented A3 fm and physX?

A2 FL and Physics I guess ... I haven't touch anything on that ... yet :)

Just tried them all out: They're awesome! I love 'em. A lot of vehicle ports from A2 to A3 look actually kind of terrible. But the textures on your helicopters actually kind of match the sharpness of A3's visuals. I especially like the cockpit of the CH47F.

There are two things though that are a bit irky:

1. The HUDs of all of them except the AH64. If you could add the original HUDs that'd be great.

2. The steering of the AH1Z is somehow... clumsy and klutzy. The AH1Z in A2 used to be much more agile, as I recall it. Maybe you could have a look at that.

Beside these two minor things, I really like your work!

Plus I've taken a quick look at compatibility with other mods and I haven't found any issues yet. (The Hellfire rocket sounds together with SoS are a bit rough, but that fault's not on your end;))

Should we take it to be the case that any of these are based off of the OA versions? For example, in my own "educational purposes" Apache port homebrew I went entirely off OA sources to the greatest extent possible, in part because I knew that they'd account for OA additions (particularly those which made it into A3, of course).

P.S. How are you choosing the pilot/gunner proxies and setting up the HUD? Seeing as straight-up using the A2 config (i.e. from OA) for the Apache doesn't result in a match, for example...

Edited by Chortles

Just tried them all out: They're awesome! I love 'em. A lot of vehicle ports from A2 to A3 look actually kind of terrible. But the textures on your helicopters actually kind of match the sharpness of A3's visuals. I especially like the cockpit of the CH47F.

There are two things though that are a bit irky:

1. The HUDs of all of them except the AH64. If you could add the original HUDs that'd be great.

2. The steering of the AH1Z is somehow... clumsy and klutzy. The AH1Z in A2 used to be much more agile, as I recall it. Maybe you could have a look at that.

Beside these two minor things, I really like your work!

Plus I've taken a quick look at compatibility with other mods and I haven't found any issues yet. (The Hellfire rocket sounds together with SoS are a bit rough, but that fault's not on your end;))

Thanks for the feedback mate ... I'll have a better look on these issues but for the moment I need a rest :)

Thanks for the feedback mate ... I'll have a better look on these issues but for the moment I need a rest :)

You earned it! :)

Thanks a lot for the headsup :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Should we take it to be the case that any of these are based off of the OA versions? For example, in my own "educational purposes" Apache port homebrew I went entirely off OA sources to the greatest extent possible, in part because I knew that they'd account for OA additions (particularly those which made it into A3, of course).

P.S. How are you choosing the pilot/gunner proxies and setting up the HUD? Seeing as straight-up using the A2 config (i.e. from OA) for the Apache doesn't result in a match, for example...

I'm not sure that I understood you point mate ... this addon is based to the open models (unbinarized) of A2 that BIS published ... most of them are from OA version ofcourse.

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Thanks a lot for the headsup :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks mate ... Armaholic link added on my first post also.

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Yup! I already use them :) They are great! I meant in general... more A2 land vehicles (would love to see A2 motorbike and civ vehicles!) and fixed wing. :)

One step at the time mate :)

Edited by Aplion

Awesome release, can't thank you enough for this. Been waiting for these for quite some time, as I'm sure many others were. Haven't tested them yet, but will definetly report any issues if found.

Thank you again for all your work porting these over. A3 is finally starting to feel like it should have been from the beginning.

Hi Apilion,

Thanks for this!

Possible bug:

I've set down an Apache with AI pilot and playable gunner. When I play gunner, I am unable to access the gunner's FLIR view. This worked fine though when I spawned an empty Apache and hopped in the gunner's seat.

some reports

Can't see flares at night in blastcore mod not sure it's work at vanila

Can't rearm

some reports

Can't see flares at night in blastcore mod not sure it's work at vanila

Can't rearm

i use blastcore and the flares do work

i take that back some flares work some dont the chinook flares arent for me

Edited by Rages123

Hi Apilion,

Thanks for this!

Possible bug:

I've set down an Apache with AI pilot and playable gunner. When I play gunner, I am unable to access the gunner's FLIR view. This worked fine though when I spawned an empty Apache and hopped in the gunner's seat.

I've noticed that sometimes all vehicles in A3 behave like this when you are in the editor ... reload the editor or even the game and retry .. let me know if this problem persists.

Edited by Aplion