Oh ok. Is there any benefit for the clients to run asr if the ai is local to server only?

Oh ok. Is there any benefit for the clients to run asr if the ai is local to server only?

If you are confident that all scenarios you have on server spawn AI on server only then not really.

Still, I think it's best when the client's config structure matches the one on the server, might save you from some weird and unexplained glitches.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

Robalo, everything is working sweet with RHS and the new update. just one request, the Russians don't launch RPGs at players no matter what kind of rockets they are carrying. are u able to look at that? default units do it when using the rpg42 alamut. tested with 20 rpg Russians with me as allowdamage false. even took all their AKs away and they still didn't use it. as soon as I got in a vehicle they used them straight away, no matter if they had anti personel or anti tank.

Have you reported it to RHS ? It's easy to fix, need to adjust some parameters in cfgammo. Maybe I will add it to my RHS AI config.

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

The reason why im asking is this : - NVS and TWS properly used now (set as opticType = 1 to enable longer engagements)

I have a bit of fear that the enemy might be a handful if they use TWS properly. More or less all fixed/ mobile CSAT weapons in A3 has TWS. Its not like we are walking over the ai now :)

It is possible to turn of TWS in the mission, but its either a big job or remove ALL TWS possibilites for both enemy and friendly.

So just thought to have the ability to turn on/ off "NVS and TWS properly used now" might be an idea if not allready there.

I have only fixed that for the NVS and TWS attachments, the ones that go on small arms. Haven't done anything about static weapons which have thermal sight. I agree having every static MG and GL in game equipped with TWS is lame, it probably fits the whole 2035 concept which IMO was a big mistake. Like probably many other fans, nowadays I'm still hoping we can eventually get a quality/bug free setup of Arma2 content into the Arma3 engine and never ever use the vanilla futuristic crap that comes out of the box.

Anyways, back on topic, I do not see why you would not want NV/TWS sights work are they're supposed to, so I will not provide a way to undo that. Instead we should get BIS to fix it on their end too.

I have only fixed that for the NVS and TWS attachments, the ones that go on small arms. Haven't done anything about static weapons which have thermal sight. I agree having every static MG and GL in game equipped with TWS is lame, it probably fits the whole 2035 concept which IMO was a big mistake. Like probably many other fans, nowadays I'm still hoping we can eventually get a quality/bug free setup of Arma2 content into the Arma3 engine and never ever use the vanilla futuristic crap that comes out of the box.

Anyways, back on topic, I do not see why you would not want NV/TWS sights work are they're supposed to, so I will not provide a way to undo that. Instead we should get BIS to fix it on their end too.

This.

You're a legend mate.

Have you reported it to RHS ? It's easy to fix, need to adjust some parameters in cfgammo. Maybe I will add it to my RHS AI config.

As Robalo says, this is most likely to do with the how the ammo is configured.

I recently made an addon for our community which makes quite a lot of our AT weapons such as RPG7s usable by AI against infantry and aircraft.

Since then our play sessions have become A LOT MORE INTERESTING with RPGs flying past helicopters and at light infantry in buildings. devastating, but watching my friends scream "RPG!!!!" every so often puts the fear of god into everyone...

Keep up the good work Robalo, this is the the number one mod on our preset and without it, we wouldn't have half the fun and entertainment!

Robalo can you plz confirm that your latest version of asr_ai fixes the caf_aggressors weapons.

I'd really prefer not to use all of the toadie fixes.

Robalo can you plz confirm that your latest version of asr_ai fixes the caf_aggressors weapons.

Not the mod itself, but the AI config I did for CAF does it. It's linked in first post.

Thanks mate

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Sorry one more question then. Can I place the config into my mission folder to fix the caf aggressors, or does it have to go on server?

Thanks mate

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Sorry one more question then. Can I place the config into my mission folder to fix the caf aggressors, or does it have to go on server?

You can't embed it in the mission. The config pbo should be used by server and everyone playing on it.

hello, love this mod. quick question. If i am adding this to a server, do I need the server to have the userconfig file? and will this userconfig file over ride all the joining players that have their own? Also can I run this mod on my server without the players have to DL it or does everyone in the server have to DL it?

hello, love this mod. quick question. If i am adding this to a server, do I need the server to have the userconfig file? and will this userconfig file over ride all the joining players that have their own? Also can I run this mod on my server without the players have to DL it or does everyone in the server have to DL it?

its been talked about a few pages back. anyway it all depends on what the AI are local to. If you or you mission makers know what they are doing when it comes to editing they will understand locality.

pretty simple, ASR needs to be on the machine that the AI are on. If AI are always spawned serverside then ASR needs only to be on server. if players spawn units with Zeus then those AI are local to his machine and will not get the ASR values unless he is also running ASR.

units placed in the 2d editor will be local to the server unless running headless client setup

when it comes to headless client, I have no clue but I would love to find out. im guessing everyone should run it.

and yes the server needs the config.hpp and yes this one will override any others run by clients.

Hey guys, I've run into another issue and have currently drilled it down to ASR

ASR works on my server and is doing what it should as far as enemy skills and accuracy etc, but it seems we have an issue with ASR and ALiVE

Basically when ALiVE spawns enemies, it causes a small stutter. This is normal and tolerated well, but then it seems ASR initializes for the spawned enemies and it causes horrible lag, rubber banding players in and out of spots. This causes us to crash into each other in vehicles, helicopters to fall out of the sky, players dying, worst case scenarios really.

I was wondering if there's a way to tweak ASR's performance on the dedicated server so this wouldn't happen, and if someone else had experience with this to see what they changed. When we remove ASR from the server, the issue pretty much goes away.

Hey guys, I've run into another issue and have currently drilled it down to ASR

ASR works on my server and is doing what it should as far as enemy skills and accuracy etc, but it seems we have an issue with ASR and ALiVE

Basically when ALiVE spawns enemies, it causes a small stutter. This is normal and tolerated well, but then it seems ASR initializes for the spawned enemies and it causes horrible lag, rubber banding players in and out of spots. This causes us to crash into each other in vehicles, helicopters to fall out of the sky, players dying, worst case scenarios really.

I was wondering if there's a way to tweak ASR's performance on the dedicated server so this wouldn't happen, and if someone else had experience with this to see what they changed. When we remove ASR from the server, the issue pretty much goes away.

The only initialization would be assigning skills for the spawned units. Can you disable that (setskills = 0;) and confirm that is what is causing the stutter ?

Thanks

Robalo, what do you use for your skillAI and precisionAI values at user profile when you test ASR AI?

As per this picture https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:cfgaiskill.jpg

Also, what AI subskills do these change:

aiming[]   = {0.45, 0.10}; // skilltype = {<min value>, <random value added to min>};
		spotting[] = {0.70, 0.10};
		general[]  = {0.80, 0.10};

Edited by Bumgie

The only initialization would be assigning skills for the spawned units. Can you disable that (setskills = 0;) and confirm that is what is causing the stutter ?

Thanks

I turned setskills = 0; and it seemed to fix the problem even with ASR running. This is kind of a problem though since it turns the AI back to superhuman aiming skills.

I turned setskills = 0; and it seemed to fix the problem even with ASR running. This is kind of a problem though since it turns the AI back to superhuman aiming skills.

Thanks for confirming. I will have a look at that and post an update once I got something. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I called setskill on all clients to make sure the values are set everywhere, will revert that change and see. You can try the previous version until then if you want or, since you said it's an Alive mission, throw in the AI skill module as a temporary fix.

Awesome, thanks for looking into it. That makes my day; we've been really wracking our heads at this. We might try the old version, but we're working around it for now.

EDIT: Would a workaround be to just run ASR_AI3 on the server and then just make sure all the AI spawns on the server only?

Edited by GDent

Robalo, what's your current recommendation for the server skillAI and precisionAI settings? The AI precision seems to have increased with each official update over the past months.

We are currently using 0.7 for skillAI and 0.3 for precisionAI, but I'm not sure this is ideal for ASR AI.

I would also be interested to hear recommendations from other server admins.

Our aiming precision is set between 0.2 and 0.3 (regular at 0.2, Sniper at 0.45, SF around 0.25 and 0.3).

Spotting distance is at 0.35 (greatly depends on the type of the mission and map we are playing).

With these setting the AI needs a few shoot before killing a player (so it's forgiving) but very enjoyable for us.

Our aiming precision is set between 0.2 and 0.3 (regular at 0.2, Sniper at 0.45, SF around 0.25 and 0.3).

Spotting distance is at 0.35 (greatly depends on the type of the mission and map we are playing).

With these setting the AI needs a few shoot before killing a player (so it's forgiving) but very enjoyable for us.

Thanks Papanowel! So how does that correspond to the general skillAI and precisionAI settings in your arma3profile file? Where do you set these, on ASR AI config?

IF I understand things correctly posts like these are useless unless you provide the settings for the PrecisionAi and SkillAi values from .Arma3Profile from the server. These act as general multipliers anything the ASR Ai sets.

Also you must use aiLevelPreset=3 (custom) if you want these to have an effect.

As per this picture and BIKI link.

And even then there is this interpolation that I cannot even understand...

So I am hopping that Robalo can provide all his values that he uses to test these so we can get the same results that he is seeing. Otherwise its just pissing in the wind...

Thanks Papanowel! So how does that correspond to the general skillAI and precisionAI settings in your arma3profile file? Where do you set these, on ASR AI config?

We kept the default arma3profile, it never modify anything for the AI (at least it was the case in Arma3 Alpha & Beta).

Here is what we set for in the asr_ai3_setting (the rest of the file is the default one):

class sets {
	// only classes of arrays under this
	// skilltype = {<min value>, <random value added to min>};
	class level_0 { // super-AI (only used for testing)
		aiming[]   = {1.00, 0.00};	spotting[] = {1.00, 0.00};	general[]  = {1.00, 0.00};
		units[] = {}; // add class names to this to override their default (or inherited) skill set
	};
	class level_1 { // sf 1
		aiming[]   = {0.25, 0.00};	spotting[] = {0.30, 0.00};	general[]  = {0.80, 0.20};
		units[] = {};
	};
	class level_2 { // sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)
		aiming[]   = {0.35, 0.20};	spotting[] = {0.35, 0.00};	general[]  = {0.75, 0.00};
		units[] = {};
	};
	class level_3 { // regular 1 (regular army leaders, marksmen)
		aiming[]   = {0.20, 0.00};	spotting[] = {0.30, 0.00};	general[]  = {0.70, 0.00};
		units[] = {};
	};
	class level_4 { // regular 2 (regulars)
		aiming[]   = {0.20, 0.00};	spotting[] = {0.25, 0.00};	general[]  = {0.65, 0.00};
		units[] = {};
	};
	class level_5 { // militia or trained insurgents, former regulars (insurgent leaders, marksmen)
		aiming[]   = {0.20, 0.00};	spotting[] = {0.20, 0.00};	general[]  = {0.60, 0.00};
		units[] = {};
	};
	class level_6 { // civilians with some military training (insurgents)
		aiming[]   = {0.20, 0.00};	spotting[] = {0.15, 0.00};	general[]  = {0.55, 0.00};
		units[] = {};
	};
	class level_7 { // civilians without military training
		aiming[]   = {0.20, 0.00};	spotting[] = {0.10, 0.00};	general[]  = {0.50, 0.00};
		units[] = {};
	};
	class level_8 { // pilot 1 (regular)
		aiming[]   = {0.35, 0.00};	spotting[] = {0.50, 0.00};	general[]  = {0.70, 0.00};
		units[] = {};
	};
	class level_9 { // pilot 2 (insurgent)
		aiming[]   = {0.20, 0.00};	spotting[] = {0.40, 0.00};	general[]  = {0.60, 0.00};
		units[] = {};
	};
	class level_10 { // sniper
		aiming[]   = {0.45, 0.00};	spotting[] = {0.70, 0.00};	general[]  = {0.80, 0.00};
		units[] = {};
	};
};//sets

As you can see I set to 0 all the randomization thing. We always play on Elite difficulty but that's an other story.

aiLevelPreset=3 (custom) is new to me... where do we use that ?

ASR has definitely worked without this... at least I THINK it has !?

Awesome, thanks for looking into it. That makes my day; we've been really wracking our heads at this. We might try the old version, but we're working around it for now.

EDIT: Would a workaround be to just run ASR_AI3 on the server and then just make sure all the AI spawns on the server only?

No, that would not be a good workaround. Try this instead, I cooked a new sysaiskill pbo: https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22430/asr_ai3_sysaiskill_0.9.12rc.zip

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Robalo, what's your current recommendation for the server skillAI and precisionAI settings? The AI precision seems to have increased with each official update over the past months.

We are currently using 0.7 for skillAI and 0.3 for precisionAI, but I'm not sure this is ideal for ASR AI.

I would also be interested to hear recommendations from other server admins.

I test and tweak based on the default skill presets, on regular difficulty, which translate to something like:

aiLevelPreset=1;
	skillAI=0.69999999;
	precisionAI=0.5;

Took that from my Arma3Profile.

Default userconfig settings are adjusted based on that but I prefer the AI to be accurate yet not insanely so.

But there is another factor, for weapon mods, sometimes they use very low ai dispersion coefficients (aidispersioncoef{x,y}) which means skill does not influence AI's accuracy with that weapon that much.

Because of that, I usually mod these coefficients for all weapon mods I use with these macros:

/*
Define how much AI dispersion degrades with lower skill on 3 levels:
- hi-mag scopes (> 8X) 			- requiredOpticType = 2;
- magnifying sights (usually 3-6X) 		- requiredOpticType = 1;
- iron sights or low magnifying sights (1-2X)	- default
*/
#define ASR_AI_DISP_SNIPER aiDispersionCoefX = 10; aiDispersionCoefY = 15
#define ASR_AI_DISP_MARKSMAN aiDispersionCoefX = 15; aiDispersionCoefY = 20
#define ASR_AI_DISP_REGULAR aiDispersionCoefX = 20; aiDispersionCoefY = 25

I set the coefficients based on the optic type, unlike BIS, who has them based on weapon type for some reason.

So if you use for example RHS with my special RHS AI config, you already have all that ^^^

Edited by Robalo