Sign in to follow this  
Frankdatank1218

How to make Custom mission with Zeus Recognized Players

I have a great template mission for Zeus, and I want to play as Zeus with the option to switch to a player, I have basically done this by using the Modules->Zeus-> Game Master module synchronized to my player via the "Owner" field of the module.

Example: Player name is "frank" so I type "frank" into the Game Master "Owner" field. This allows me to play as a soldier, then switch to Zeus.

BUT!

This is not fully functioning, in the official BIS missions, players are listed on the "Edit" side list, example if I am a rifleman "Rifleman (FrankDaTank)" will be listed, it will have an icon, I can use "f" to view it, and it can ping Zeus and that player doesn't initially spawn unless Zeus lays down a respawn.

When I use the method at the top of the post however, my player is not listed, and any playable units (other players) I put in are already spawned (as in normal multiplayer missions), not listed, have no icons, and cannot be interacted by Zeus at all.

My question is how to get a Zeus player, and other players to be recognized by the Zeus system in a user made mission? This is important because when I play it is difficult to find my own character or others in Zeus, and the lack of recognization by Zeus is what I suspect is behind a bug where these unmarked players aren't reliably respawning at Zeus-created spawn points. I would just play a vanilla Zeus mission, but there is no BIS-made multiplayer missions yet where I can be Zeus and player unit in MP.

I would appreciate either specific advice or a link to some source of knowledge on how to make a custom Zeus-enabled missions.

Zeus is out?

As far as i know you have it in the dev. branch.

Steam -> Properties -> Beta -> sign into development build

for OP i havn't a solution.

To add player (or any other object) to the list of editable objects, use addCuratorEditableObjects.

myCuratorLogic addCuratorEditableObjects [[frank]];

I'm writing detailed documentation now, stay tuned ;)

I actually just figured this out. You have to drop an "Add Editable Object" module and then sync it with the Zeus Game Master and any editor-placed object. You also must type in the zeus name (not the player name granted zeus owership) into the Zeus field of the Add module even though the tool-tip seems to say that syncing will work. I just now got this to work so I dont know if there is an easier way to add an entire mission full of assets. From what I can tell, Init, waypoints etc. transfer as well and you can visualize them in zeus. Triggers and other GLs also transfer of course but I cant figure out how to visualize them unfortunately (which would be sweet!). I also cant figure out how to load editor-placed markers since you cant sync them with the Add module.

I actually just figured this out. You have to drop an "Add Editable Object" module and then sync it with the Zeus Game Master and any editor-placed object. You also must type in the zeus name (not the player name granted zeus owership) into the Zeus field of the Add module even though the tool-tip seems to say that syncing will work. I just now got this to work so I dont know if there is an easier way to add an entire mission full of assets. From what I can tell, Init, waypoints etc. transfer as well and you can visualize them in zeus. Triggers and other GLs also transfer of course but I cant figure out how to visualize them unfortunately (which would be sweet!). I also cant figure out how to load editor-placed markers since you cant sync them with the Add module.

I can confirm this and Moricky's method work, thank you!

Now drop a module to edit player properties. Contrary to what you might have heard, limited editing of players iaslowed. You can change health, stance, vehicle fuel when inside one, you can even group AI you've spawned to yourself. Even from other factions.

One zeus mission I was in, zeus spawned and grouped a repairman to our team. Squad leader had to repair vehicles as part of mission objective.

I know this is an old thread, but I am not a big scripter so I am still learning things. Can I add (myCuratorLogic addCuratorEditableObjects [[frank]];) to the init line of a player slot object? Or do I need to do that somewhere else? Is there a line I can add to the init line to add a player slot as an object Zeus can see?