Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Actually, I've given up. The mission refuses to let me resume or load ANY saves, regardless of my loaded mods. I'm at a loss.

Make sure you're restarting the mission with the exact same mods you originally started the mission with. If you remove any it will fail to load. It's something you have done and not the mission itself, you probably didn't want to hear that. Sorry!

What he said. And avoid Workshop version. Saves ARE working here as well, as anywhere in Arma 3 for sure. At first you may start vanilla game, save it and try to resume just to be sure, if mods are the cause of your troubles.

Does Pilgrimage automatically add them in?

Yes. Nothing more to do. Although a few of them out there, that for unknown reason cause "no sound" issue - exec delays.

I had exactly same problem, it was for me @cba_a3 that I failed to re-add when I had issues with my mods. Loaded save perfectly when I worked it out.

What I've done to correct the issue was removing CBA_A3 completely. Unfortunately, that limits the mods I can use, but its the only solution I've discovered that works for me. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

What I've done to correct the issue was removing CBA_A3 completely

That's still odd that you had to remove CBA_A3, as i've got CBA_A3 running with plenty of mods. I take it all your mods are up to date? Silly question I know, but had to ask! You're not running the DEV version are you? ;)

I don't know what you use for launching your mods but I use this.... http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199

@Rydygier

I'm currently playing beta 3, just quit out ot post this. I know you said there's a side effect to the radio but i notice the radio sound plays without the message then after a delay the message appears without the audio. Is this fixable or a side effect we have to put up with?

Also I had another idea, when searching a surrendered unit, how about as well as the usual info, getting some ff funds of varying amounts ie: 25ff, 30ff, 100ff, etc etc. I mean, soldiers carry money! ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

i notice the radio sound plays without the message then after a delay the message appears without the audio. Is this fixable or a side effect we have to put up with?

Possibly I put delay between the sound and sentence. If so - easy to fix. Thanks. :) Money - good idea, probably easy to implement. :) Not for the most of the bodies though, as there isn't such overall search action except TLs...

Possibly I put delay between the sound and sentence. If so - easy to fix. Thanks. :) Money - good idea, probably easy to implement. :) Not for the most of the bodies though, as there isn't such overall search action except TLs...

Not most of the bodies is fine, just a random event is cool enough! Also can i shoot the civilians who are ripping me off, I pay them 2000ff just to be told head East......robbing b*st*rds!!!!! ;)

@Rydygier

I've donated another PayPal donation, have a few drinks on me. Just because I love the work you do. Appreciated mate! ;)

56P04569SK04795**

Edited by Law-Giver

robbing b*st*rds!!!!!

:) Not so easy. FFs are virtual money in fact, so they're safe passworded on their smartphones, paying == making instant transfer. :) That nicely explains, why you can't get money from the bodies - only alive POW can give you the password...

I've donated another PayPal donation, have a few drinks on me. Just because I love the work you do. Appreciated mate!

Thanks a lot! :) :cheers:

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

I'm currently playing beta 3, just quit out ot post this. I know you said there's a side effect to the radio but i notice the radio sound plays without the message then after a delay the message appears without the audio. Is this fixable or a side effect we have to put up with?

I found and fixed two such instances - for hunting and delation events (enemy presence was reported/enemy was passing by). It was one of them?

EDIT: I'll base random (70% cases) "ransom" money amount on the rank of the POW. Don't know, if any really high ranked enemies POW-able out there though except warlords. :)

Edited by Rydygier

Thanks a lot! :) :cheers:

Anytime mate! ;)

I found and fixed two such instances - for hunting and delation events (enemy presence was reported/enemy was passing by). It was one of them?

EDIT: I'll base random (70% cases) "ransom" money amount on the rank of the POW. Don't know, if any really high ranked enemies POW-able out there though except warlords. :)

Sounds good to me! ;)

Dev branch updated to beta 4:

- added "ransom" money chance from interrogating captured hostiles;

- fixed some issues with support communication, especially for hunting support.

I hope, during fixing comm I didn't broke anything. That needs more testing.

I resumed a mission that I had already completed. It resumed at the autosave from when I found the body. First problem was that the autosave happened just as I got injured by a GP round. Although I was alive Alex was stuck in the dead pose. His companion had to shoot him and heal him twice before he snapped out of it.

The second problem was that the gunship was on it's way. It took on the AAF units in the area but then flew around without engaging anything for another 30 mins before I got fed up. I picked my moment and got in a Strider HMG and shot it down. It appears that there was still a Strider nearby but the gunship had run out of rockets and wouldn't use it's machine gun. This meant that the SAD mission hadn't completed.

I took out 3 remaining CPs in the vicinity and a Marid that came by. POWs and Civs started revealing the locations of airfields, strongholds & vehicles.

I took on the nearest stronghold and took out a T100 with my RPG. After taking the stronghold I repaired that for my personal vehicle.

On my way to the airport I have come across paratroops galore and armed civilians shooting at them. I even came across some friendly FIA. Unfortunately I killed one of them first.

I've had some good battles and my T100 got disabled so I had to assault the airport on foot but I love it.

Dev branch updated to beta 4:

- added "ransom" money chance from interrogating captured hostiles;

- fixed some issues with support communication, especially for hunting support.

I hope, during fixing comm I didn't broke anything. That needs more testing.

Crikey Rydygier, I only suggested it this morning! Good job! Restarting now!!! :)

Oh I also saw the ETA message finally, and right on cue the heli' flew right above me. But I hid like a mouse! ;)

I took on the nearest stronghold

:) I like your terse reports. It sounds so trivial, when you're telling it. "I was a bit bored, so in the meantime I went and took the nearest stronghold or two". :) I'm glad, new features works, BTW.

I only suggested it this morning!

It was easy to do and good idea. Plus, there was errors found by the way, which in fact took most of the time.

:) I like your terse reports. It sounds so trivial, when you're telling it. "I was a bit bored, so in the meantime I went and took the nearest stronghold or two". :) I'm glad, new features works, BTW.

Well, as I have already got the body back to the boat, I feel it is my duty to free his 2 companions being held at the strongholds. One free so far, but the second one means going past the 2 airfields. I don't know if the second gunship is down. It didn't turn up to any of my battles. It should be in range. Just have to get down to the stronghold near Edessa to free the other captive. How hard can it be?:cool:

Hello Rydygier, I've been away from Arma for a while now, but returning and really enjoying Pilgrimage again. I am glad to see you are still developing it and Congratulations on being a MANW finalist. I sincerely hope you win!

I am trying out mods and I would like to know if there is a specific way to tell if the mission is broken when using, for instance, AGM? I am trying to isolate which parts (pbos) of AGM are causing problems with Pilgrimage. I read one post where you said something about not having music at the start of game and referencing AGM. I'm currently playing with CBA, Dragonfyrelite, various HCL weapons, ASDG/JR/JM/Attch, bcombat, Mag Repack, Moduload (for re-initializing after loading save game), Massi's SF/Spetz Weapons, Grace Weapon Sway, and AGM with some pbos removed.

So far while playing I have had one icon with no loot that I could find, and one beginning of mission with my AI mate 16 km away. I've had several other test runs that went without issue at all. Game play is very smooth. Your coding seems to be excellent!

I have also loaded a mod that has the old Arma music tracks, and though I don't often play with music, I am enjoying it presently. Is there a way to get the new/old tracks playing as well? The mod is called Arma Music Pack on Armaholic.

Thanks,

Khugan

It was easy to do and good idea. Plus, there was errors found by the way, which in fact took most of the time.

Well just confirming the surrendered unit ff works fine. Just took 125 ff from one. Love the text you put in regarding his "miserable life". :D

Congratulations on being a MANW finalist. I sincerely hope you win!

Thank you. :)

I played AGM for a while. But even if it didn't break the game directly, it makes some weird thing, one wouldn't suspect, which makes it suspicious to me, thus I prefer to avoid it, especially I'm not so thrilled about its features, maybe apart from real weaponry names. Kind of issues it causes makes me think, it messes with parts of the game config rarely touched by any mod: muting sound at init GUI doesn't work with AGM, GUI for placing markers on the map was broken to me also with AGM, and loading the game after death was hindered by some AGM "features". There could be more smaller issues, I forgot. So, if you want, use AGM. But IMO it's "high risk" mod, while I see, you already use quite a few mods, including not-so-lightweight bCombat.

I have had one icon with no loot that I could find

Also saw this once, but for intel. IMO civilian was sunk below floor level - without the object, there will be no mark. Looks like random rare game bug at dynamic object pacement.

one beginning of mission with my AI mate 16 km away

Same - one such case only, unexplained and error-less, thus: ditto.

Is there a way to get the new/old tracks playing as well?

Tracks are taken from the config. So if addon configures tracks in proper, A3 way, then should be available as part of the pool, I suppose. You can ask the author about that. "Properly configured" means, their classes in CfgMusic must consist such entries:

1. "theme" with value one of: "safe", "stealth", "combat"; AND/OR "musicClass" with value one of: "calm", "stealth", "action"; (for categorization)

2. "duration" with value > 60 (playing time in seconds. Shorter tracks are excluded, as usula those are just "jingles"); (backup system for determining, when track is ended)

3. obvious, "sound[]" with path to the sound file - I believe, playMusic command requires that.

Tracks without such configuration are ignored by Pilgrimage. I think, i'll download this mod and try. Never tested so far Pilgrimage with music addon.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Just took 125 ff from one. Love the text you put in regarding his "miserable life".

:D good.

I can live without AGM while playing Pigrimage if I have to. The features I like a lot from AGM is the handling of explosives, the way you can choose which charges you set off and when. Also the grenade toss being changeable. Other than the map/compass interface being larger for my 'old' eyes, and what I mentioned, I don't use any other parts in single player environment.

So, checked that music pack's config. Here is the thing:

1. Most of them has wrongly configured "duration" entry with number inbetween quotes (eg "100" instead of 100), which makes them string, not number, thus ignored.

2. Those few, that have actual number there, lacks "theme" entry - ignored too.

3. All, that has "theme", is defined as "combat" - odd (someone was lazy? :) Or all are dynamic, combat music...). If not 1. problem, those would be audible only in the combat situations.

4. Part of them are too short (<60).

So, mostly due to 1 - it will not work. I suggest inform author of this mod about these problems. It's easy and relatively quick to fix.

Wow, thanks for looking at that! I'll leave a note for the author.

*sigh*

So, Pilgrimage itself runs fine (with no add-ons installed).

- Tort Dynamic Weather never seems to do anything; I've referenced it in my command line, have configured the "config" file with -1800 as Rydygier stated in the original post, and ran the .cmd file as Tort stated. Never seems to fire. This may be my fault, as the Armaholic page install instructions were... confusing, with "script" instructions and "addon" instructions and blahblahblah. I followed the "Addon" instructions.

- CAF Aggressors; still haven't seen those guys, but perhaps that's just my luck.

With CBA_A3 installed (Release Candidate version does not matter, I've tried RC1, 2, and 4), I can NOT resume the mission, nor can I load a user save within the mission (loading a save within the mission brings up what I assume is the "Mission Complete" dialog box since it contains things like how many times I've reverted and such).

TPW_MODS I gave up on completely; with it installed, the mission hangs on the initial "PILGRIMAGE" splash window. If the gods are benevolent and I get past that splash screen with TPW_MODS installed, the mod has no discernable effect in-game. Perhaps this is just a configuration issue on my part.

I tried the 3rd Party A3 launcher referenced by Law-Giver, but it refused to recognize my ArmA 3 executable, so I nuked that program from my HDD. I've tried the Moduload program, but as I can't actually load a save, Moduload's intended function is wasted on me.

EDIT: the final configuration of mods I tried before posting here was CBA_A3, Modifications (containing visual mods), Tort Dynamic Weather, CAF Aggressors... and I think that's it. Still didn't work. No resume, no loading saves within the mission.

Edited by rg123

I can't help but think there is something wrong with how you are loading the mods. No offense. You might try removing everything referring to a mod from the launch parameter (actually I would remove everything in it) and starting the game with the default method. Then click configure, then expansions, and enable/disable them each there. Restart your game and see if that works. That will at least eliminate a syntax error being the culprit. Best of luck

I tried the 3rd Party A3 launcher referenced by Law-Giver, but it refused to recognize my ArmA 3 executable.

There's nothing wrong with ArmA3Sync or the addons/mods. This is user error plain and simple, what are you using to run the mods? Are you using the steam launcher or something else? And some mods have like Tort_DynamicWeather have a userconfig folder which should be in the ArmA3 directory. I hope you're using an official version and not a pirated copy! Had to ask! ;)

An example of my commandline taken from ArmA3Sync: -mod=@CBA_A3;@ASDG_Attachments;@ASDG_JR;

And if there's a folder inside the mod folder called userconfig, drop the folder contents inside into the userconfig folder in the ArmA3 directory. If there isn't one, create it! ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

I'm positive it's user error on my part, I'm just not sure exactly what I'm doing incorrectly. I'll try the steps you two have suggested and report back my findings. Thank you.

I'm positive it's user error on my part, I'm just not sure exactly what I'm doing incorrectly. I'll try the steps you two have suggested and report back my findings. Thank you.

You'll get there in the end, and when you do you'll look back and slap yourself saying "Was that all it was, Doh!". :D

Let me know if you want me to post a few screenies, or send you some!