olds

Real Armor Mod

I understand then that it is not MP compatible?

It is Z, we're just testing the new version for network performance.

Huhh... It's a good mod but I don't know how to destroy a tank from front. I tried many APFSDS, HEAT, missiles... and it's just good as new...

Well you probably can't, unless you're very close.

Yay!

The most awkward thing Arma 3 represented I think is crews are just fine and tanks are timed to explode after penetrations. Is it possible to simulate APFSDS killing the crews and leaving a relatively complete tank?

The whole crew-damage issue is on the research agenda. But that won't be until after the new version is out. ;)

Props for this, if the recent 1.40 update not break this mod I would give it a try later. Just because I found out this game is awkward when an RPG HE ammunition hit the heavy armor tank then the tank exploded at one hit.

Will this influence other mods like RHS etc. ?

Edited by Hsiulung

@Hsiulung

The recent update to the game shouldn't have broken anything *fingers crossed*, but we haven't really tested it. Please report any issues you find. :)

This is somewhat compatible with RHS (which is using a version of RAM), but the mod is limited to stock weapons & vehicles. We're working on a grand unified armor system for RAM+RHS+AIS. Work on this unified system is going smoothly, for now, so hopefully we'll have something to show before arma 4 is released.

hopefully we'll have something to show before arma 4 is released.

:devil:

@Hsiulung

The recent update to the game shouldn't have broken anything *fingers crossed*, but we haven't really tested it. Please report any issues you find. :)

This is somewhat compatible with RHS (which is using a version of RAM), but the mod is limited to stock weapons & vehicles. We're working on a grand unified armor system for RAM+RHS+AIS. Work on this unified system is going smoothly, for now, so hopefully we'll have something to show before arma 4 is released.

Oh, that is pain waiting. I've TESTED a bit, the stock things worked just fine but RHS's m136 AT rockets ( HE, HEAT & HEDP) were not compatible with RAM since I found in cfgammo classes there is no any RAM parameters within that M136. So obviously with M136 it's too weak to destroy T100 in front comparing to I could use RHS's RPG7 PGVL to finish it once.

Edited by Hsiulung

And what about AGM, it modifies the armour's hitpoints and damge.

And what about AGM, it modifies the armour's hitpoints and damge.

I haven't dug through his PBO's, but from the wiki it doesn't look like AGM interferes with anything that RAM does... yet. I suspect it carries quite a risk of compatibility problems b/c it messes with lots of things, though.

We will review this in more detail as we proceed with the new version as there are certainly people who play with RHS + AGM.

I haven't dug through his PBO's, but from the wiki it doesn't look like AGM interferes with anything that RAM does... yet. I suspect it carries quite a risk of compatibility problems b/c it messes with lots of things, though.

We will review this in more detail as we proceed with the new version as there are certainly people who play with RHS + AGM.

I am afraid there is a script it says * Handles all incoming damage for vehicles. among those scripts in AGM_ARMOUR.pbo:( but this pbo. giving vehicles cook-off feature where really suit my liking.;)

Seems like the mod would double the RHS's penetration values of AT rockets since you said it using a version of RAM, same For RDS's AT Ammo as well.

Some level of conflict between RAM and AGM is to be expected. We will get in touch with AGM to resolve any such conflicts with our new system.

The RAM and RHS systems are similar, but not identical. The issue you described shouldn't be happening.

Some level of conflict between RAM and AGM is to be expected. We will get in touch with AGM to resolve any such conflicts with our new system.

The RAM and RHS systems are similar, but not identical. The issue you described shouldn't be happening.

Yeah, hope the upcoming update will bring arma into a brand new armour system!:yay:

We too would really appreciate an all in 1 armor solution.

We run a mix of mods and I know that we're not really getting the best from them due to incompatabilities between launchers and target - e.g. trying to use CUP Javelin system on RHS tanks - normally doesn't kill the tank. etc.

Would be great to get some consitancey across the aresenal.

SJ

We too would really appreciate an all in 1 armor solution.

We run a mix of mods and I know that we're not really getting the best from them due to incompatabilities between launchers and target - e.g. trying to use CUP Javelin system on RHS tanks - normally doesn't kill the tank. etc.

Would be great to get some consitancey across the aresenal.

SJ

We hear you guys, believe me. This process will come in fits and starts--you know how hard it is to standardize across mods. RHS will be a big step forward as it has such a large content database, and they are really dedicated to adding stuff.

Bakerman is planning the new code carefully so that RHS and RAM will stay compatible. That is to say: if you have a RAM-compatible mod, it will seamlessly work with the slightly stripped down version of RAM RHS uses internally.

Sounds good Olds. Have you also opened dialogue with CUP ?

I believe we'd be keen to understand how it works better also - for our vehicles etc...

SJ

Indeed I agree that setting a common standard, however hard it will be, is vital for coherence.

I also agree that RHS, AGM and CUP are vital contributors as they are, like it or not, the main mods for much of the Arma community.

If you can reach a common understanding with these 3 mods, then that will cover most (70-80%?) of the community.

After that, I suspect that the other mods will align themselves, provided that the standard makes sense, is realistic and relatively simple to implement.

Edited by domokun

Yes - the standard - needs to be droppable into Weapons and vehicle configs alike - i.e. we could then add it to our weapons packs etc.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans for documentation on armor thicknesses of the stock mbt's or other RAM compatible ones?

Out of curiosity, are there any plans for documentation on armor thicknesses of the stock mbt's or other RAM compatible ones?

I don't know about, say RHS or CUP, but it's not possible to do with stock vehicles even if we wanted because we don't have access to the unpacked P3D's.

The upcoming version of RAM in the not-too-distant future will synchronize damage behavior between RHS & vanilla vehicles for you (armor, anti-tank weapons, and large calibers). So you will be able to mix and match vanilla with RHS if that's your thing. This will undoubtedly take at least 1-2 more passes before it gets properly polished for both RAM and RHS, but it's progressing. :)

Can't say I'm likely to mix RHS (Mmmmm...) and vanilla (Eeeeewww... future-war) vehicles but it's vitally important that there's a standard that the two, and then hopefully other 3rd parties, can adhere to. Good work, looking forward to it.