.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

hmmm undid everything tried playwithsix no dice there either. No wonder why gamming is going away from pc. You always have those few that will not work.

I downloaded my version from the deep silver website when it came out. I take it you have the Steam Version.

As for the digital version from deep silver, all I did was update the game with all the drivers (4 or 5 of them you have to do in order)...... then the game will run in vanilla. Once the game is updated in vanilla, then I follow the IF Mod's directions..... presto, it works. I used PWS, but for some reason it is all bugged. I can get it to load, but it puts a huge thick line on the screen and it throws up bugs.

But when I use the Manual.bat file (after using the conversion software and the update files), it works like a charm.

Edited by rehtus777

yes steam version. Doesnt Steam update it automatically? I did get Iron front running. But I cannot get it to work with A2+A2OA or A3. My problem lies in the patches for the converstion. It doesnt recognize it after its converted to IF Arma version for some reason. My guess is I do not use my C: drive I have all my games on K: drive.

yes steam version. Doesnt Steam update it automatically? I did get Iron front running. But I cannot get it to work with A2+A2OA or A3. My problem lies in the patches for the converstion. It doesnt recognize it after its converted to IF Arma version for some reason. My guess is I do not use my C: drive I have all my games on K: drive.

Move it to C: drive ;) and see what happens.

Thanks Günter, and may I also thank you and your team for all their work on IF so far. I was skeptical when you were saying that you lot were going to fix IF.

I wished you to prove my doubts wrong, and you have. Good job.

Your welcome and its understandable. IFR work is not done yet, we are still going to release the IFR mod projects aside our main projects wish was the conversions and the patch.

Our current status: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/iron-front-revival-mod-project-6253251?pid=1280433993#post1280433993

Noob question: I found the original MP missions in the vanilla, but where do you port them to....what folder?

If you have the conversion running for arma2Co then move them to your mpmissions folder in your Arma2 directory, if you are using the Arma3 version of the conversion

then move them same place except in your steams Arma3 directory, or better yet--> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

As for "porting" them its just a matter of renaming the extension on the file, so what you do is locate one of the missions,

I will use an IF sp mission as an example as I dont have any blitzkrieg missions to use atm:

IronFront_StealTheCar.Baranow.ifa

Just rename the name of the mission, but only changing the .ifa on the end seen above to .pbo

save and then it should work.

If you have win7 you should be able to rename the mission extension just by renameing the mission, with winxp you have to actully go into advanced

settings and change a setting, i forget but I dont have winxp anymore.

hmmm undid everything tried playwithsix no dice there either. No wonder why gamming is going away from pc. You always have those few that will not work.

I would suggest starting over, but if I may offer my suggestion get the arma2Co version going first then test and then do the arma3 version, dont

do both at once without testing, because the Arma3 version needs the arma2Co version to be working.

My post here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2587612&viewfull=1#post2587612

I laid out a more detailed step by step version of the setup-guide, til I get a better one laid out it will have to suffice.

But first make sure you meet the requirements, then get the tool, convert, then patch, you can also test the mod before you patch to make sure its working, once it is then patch it.

The arma2Co version is more simpler then the arma3 version to setup, so i highly suggest you start there.

make sure your arma2Co version is the latest v 1.62, arma2 is 1.11, you have Iron front patched to v 1.05 and DLC is optional.

See if that works.

Edited by Günter Severloh

thanks Gunter. I did that. I'm reinstalling Arma 2 and AO I've not played them sense Arma 3. Then I will follow your guide again. hopefully thats all it is. lol Ive spent 5 hours on this already. thanks for the help. :) OHH also taking off dev version of arma 3. And when this works... CAUSE dog gone it its gonna!!! lol Bring on I44!!! ;)

Your welcome and its understandable. IFR work is not done yet, we are still going to release the IFR mod projects aside our main projects wish was the conversions and the patch.

Our current status: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/iron-front-revival-mod-project-6253251?pid=1280433993#post1280433993

If you have the conversion running for arma2Co then move them to your mpmissions folder in your Arma2 directory, if you are using the Arma3 version of the conversion

then move them same place except in your steams Arma3 directory, or better yet--> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

As for "porting" them its just a matter of renaming the extension on the file, so what you do is locate one of the missions,

I will use an IF sp mission as an example as I dont have any blitzkrieg missions to use atm:

IronFront_StealTheCar.Baranow.ifa

Just rename the name of the mission, but only changing the .ifa on the end seen above to .pbo

save and then it should work.

That was too obvious :cool: I tried everything else but that......

I got the missions into the game, but it won't put any AI into the missions that say (AI) next to them. Not sure what is going on there. I probably don't have something set up right in the MP.

Thank you for your time and help.

yayy its working!!!!!! I did what you said. I tested with Arma2CO 1st. Then Arma 3. It all loaded fine no errors, BUT lol The soldiers are in Modern uniforms not WWII uniforms!?!?!? lol

Gonna try something else. I did the last part with play with six. I think I'm going to use the downloaded part for @IFA3 instead of PW6. hopefuly thats it. ;) Thanks for the help!!!! Thats worth 3 x's what I paid. ;)

Is there supposed to be an issue with the sounds? I am having insanely loud sounds for tanks, plane cannons, and other various things. The guns are fine and the support/cars are fine also. Any help?

Americans were modern uniforms, but Germans are in WWII uniforms..... wonder what I''m doing wrong now. lol

Is there supposed to be an issue with the sounds? I am having insanely loud sounds for tanks, plane cannons, and other various things. The guns are fine and the support/cars are fine also. Any help?

Yes, I affirm this as well. I'm sure they'll fix it in due time.

Yes, I affirm this as well. I'm sure they'll fix it in due time.

Okay. Great, I was thinking it was just me.

lol ok all my units look right including tanks, BUT my US soldier no matter what I try are wearing modern gear. They Carry WWII weapons, but are clothed in Modern uniforms. Is this just me? I'm guessing its yes. lol Boy I sure do know how to get things alllllmost there, but its always something. lol God I'm dieing hear laughing at myself. Any more sugestions. going on 10 hours of trying stuff. I'm almost there. BY the way IF loooooksss totalllly awesome on Arma 3 compare to IF itself. Any suggestions on the Modern uniform issue?

Yes I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything several times over now. lol

As you guys should know, and please keep this in mind with the Arma3 version, based on the first post towards the bottom:

State of Arma 3 version

---

This is still an early version. However it should be fairly playable.

If you get client or server crashes, please submit all required files to BI at the Arma 3 feedback tracker.

Thanks to tierprot the German and Soviet units support the A3 clothing system. The US units and other retextures are still to come - assistance welcome.

Thanks to Shvetz the weapons support the new A3 muzzle flashes, weapon effects and other new features.

Thanks to Fabio Chavez the terrains shine in the new A3 lighting and more to come.

Thanks to Fudge working planes with physX tech.

The long loading times and rpt spam are hopefully soon to be fixed with the next AllInArma updates.

We need support to bring the large number of cars, trucks and tanks to physX tech (more here and here). Please PM me if interested to help out.

The Arma3 version is still considered a WIP project, as it is not final, I guess you guys can consider the version a beta possibly,

but you may run into issues, you may not it depends on what it is, testing still is being done, and it would be best that if

anyone runs into any issue with this version that you report it on the tracker here:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/Wiki#Setup-guides

with the tracker Kju and the group can check out the issues reported, and look into what is causing them, in a more organized fashion,

rather then having to have to review the thread here and then try to reproduce the issue/s reported.

Please help the project group by reporting anything you find, it will only speed up the process to a better

updated version of Iron front in Arma3.

@Mikey74

US soldiers are some tricky thing to convert and there are lots of problems with them, so for now they are replaced by modern troopers, however, as its written in the post, those who want to try to convert them in a way that USSR and Germany troppers were converted are welcome.

PS: Guys who tested IF A3 - can you write a small review - what you liked, what you didnt like?

PPS: Might be after few following updates, i ll try again to convert them, but that wont be soon, as theres lot of things to do first.

Should be some "known issues" section in the first post, I think.

As you guys should know, and please keep this in mind with the Arma3 version, based on the first post towards the bottom:

The Arma3 version is still considered a WIP project, as it is not final, I guess you guys can consider the version a beta possibly,

but you may run into issues, you may not it depends on what it is, testing still is being done, and it would be best that if

anyone runs into any issue with this version that you report it on the tracker here:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/Wiki#Setup-guides

with the tracker Kju and the group can check out the issues reported, and look into what is causing them, in a more organized fashion,

rather then having to have to review the thread here and then try to reproduce the issue/s reported.

Please help the project group by reporting anything you find, it will only speed up the process to a better

updated version of Iron front in Arma3.

Yes, it is a Work In Progress. We are patient and understand ;) There are so many things coming out for ArmA 3 that my head is spinning..... I will play the "IF Mod" and look for bugs and report back to you all. But in the mean time, there are so many other things to do. This community is the BEST....the Armaverse is alive and well.

Even with the issues in the A3 version, I had a blast playing around in the editor.

The A3 infantry movement with WW2 scenery and weapons was really fun.

Loving this inside Arma3 so far. Yes there are issues, but I totally agree with GS that this is really fun! Now time for my favorite VTS and time to set 1944 alight :)

Update based on tank warfare .... with the newest community patch the new explosions perhaps need to be toned down and they lead to a slide show. It the animation with the bright explosion part even brings my beast of a machine to its knees.

are the wojsko polskie supposed to look like the Germans?

Partly... IMO this faction is supposed to cover Polish partisans (so in fact not "Wojsko Polskie", which is name of official military force, defeated in 1939, that had of course own uniforms, armament etc. but one of existing guerilla organizations fighting in the occupied Poland, most probably the biggest - AK ("Armia Krajowa")). Partisans used captured armament etc. Creator of this faction took however "easy way", except one cap all is just reskinned german units. Still they can pass as polish partisans with some degree of good will, bit of imagination and tolerance...

Update based on tank warfare .... with the newest community patch the new explosions perhaps need to be toned down and they lead to a slide show. It the animation with the bright explosion part even brings my beast of a machine to its knees.

Agree. My machine cries for mercy every time a tank explodes. :p

Realistically, I think the engine noise inside a WWII tank would be louder than conversation volume. I like the immersion ...