spanishsurfer

Warfare CTI - [PERF] - Seattle, WA - www.ofps.net

SERVER NAME: BECTI Warfare - Seattle, WA - www.ofps.net

We have been working hard at optimizing this server to run as stable as possible under peak conditions. I believe that the hard work has paid off. Those of you that are looking for a highly optimized Warfare server look no further, we are it.

Authorized mods listed on: http://ofps.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26

If you would like to see a mod allowed on the server please let me know here or MSG me on steam. If a server key needs to be updated please let me know! Before you do, these are my requirements.

*The mod must have server keys

*The mod must not be required to play on the server.[/font]

We have a website up as well... http://www.ofps.net/

NEW TO THE GAME? CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL. http://www.youtube.com/user/SpanishSurfer/videos I WILL UPLOAD AT LEAST 1 NEW TRAINING VIDEO TO HELP OUT THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JUST LEARNING THE GAME MODE.

Thank you and see you all around.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

The mods work excellently, and the server's buttery smooth even compared to non-CTI missions. Sad that we only see a few CTI servers around, because BE's the way ArmA's meant to be played!

Sounds good, could you consider VTS weapon resting as another option alongside tmr?

The server will be down for a few days for some hardware upgrades (RAM, SSDs). We finally got HC to work correctly so the server will be even more buttery smooth.

Katipo, I will add the VTS weapon resting server key once the server is back.

Those of you that play the Zerty mission I have changed the following to the mission:

*Town Occupation Income (Your team caps a town worth 350, if you didn't keep at least 1 ai in it you would not get the full value) I changed it so now you get full income without having AI in the town.

*Ballistic Computer ON by default - Back by popular demand, heavy artillery was overpowering everything but I increased the price to $70,000 making it something a team will have to come together and purchase. Mortars are still normal prices.

*Aircraft Prices: Completely overhauled to reflect their true ingame value. Jets: $60,000 Attack Helis: Blackfoot $50,000, Kajman $45,000, Armed Orca $25,000, Pawnee $15,000, Ghosthawk $10,000, Orca (Trans) $6000, and Hummingbird $4000.

*Base Protection: Off by default (games went for ages)

Edited by SpanishSurfer

The server will be down for a few days for some hardware upgrades (RAM, SSDs). We finally got HC to work correctly so the server will be even more buttery smooth.

Katipo, I will add the VTS weapon resting server key once the server is back.

Those of you that play the Zerty mission I have changed the following to the mission:

*Town Occupation Income (Your team caps a town worth 350, if you didn't keep at least 1 ai in it you would not get the full value) I changed it so now you get full income without having AI in the town.

*Ballistic Computer ON by default - Back by popular demand, heavy artillery was overpowering everything but I increased the price to $70,000 making it something a team will have to come together and purchase. Mortars are still normal prices.

*Aircraft Prices: Completely overhauled to reflect their true ingame value. Jets: $60,000 Attack Helis: Blackfoot $50,000, Kajman $45,000, Armed Orca $25,000, Pawnee $15,000, Ghosthawk $10,000, Orca (Trans) $6000, and Hummingbird $4000.

*Base Protection: Off by default (games went for ages)

Sweet changes, but doesn't TMR already include (maybe not so effective) weapons resting? Regardless, these changes are great! Hopefully we'll see less people just dropping all their AI & initiative to fly a jet in circles lategame. Plus, removing the Town Occupation obligation will really help ease the load on the commander, so thanks for that. Can't wait for the server to get back up!

TMR already allows weapon resting but you don't have to run every mod that the server has a key for. It's just about giving users the option to choose, TMR does a lot besides weapon resting where VTS is strictly weapon resting (VTS is the one that allows you to weapon rest on a soldiers back!).

I've played on this server. I can vouch for it and say it was an enjoyable experience.

However, the Blastcore key is not installed on the server....

I've played on this server. I can vouch for it and say it was an enjoyable experience.

However, the Blastcore key is not installed on the server....

I saw it there yesterday, but it's not enabled right now. Probably was unstable or something, blastcore's a recent release.

On an unrelated note, I would advise anyone thinking of playing on the server carefully check their attitude: admins tend to keep a hairtrigger on bans for griefers, micspammers, even rude behavior, hence all criticism should be presented politely and cautiously.

On an unrelated note, I would advise anyone thinking of playing on the server carefully check their attitude: admins tend to keep a hairtrigger on bans for griefers, micspammers, even rude behavior, hence all criticism should be presented politely and cautiously.

Here's what I've told the other admins on the server for administrative related issues:

"Trolling" = 24hr ban

Intentional TK = 3 day ban (It's easy to know)

Excessive TK (Destroying a high value asset such as Blackfoot)/Revealing a base to enemy = 7 Day ban

Cheating/Glitching the Game = 30 day ban

Hacks/Malicious Script = Permanent Ban

Multiple Offenses = x2 from your last offense or x2 from current offense, if different, whichever greater. (Trolling = 24hour ban, you do it again 3 day ban, again 6, etc).

Here's what I've told the other admins on the server for administrative related issues:

"Trolling" = 24hr ban

Intentional TK = 3 day ban (It's easy to know)

Excessive TK (Destroying a high value asset such as Blackfoot)/Revealing a base to enemy = 7 Day ban

Cheating/Glitching the Game = 30 day ban

Hacks/Malicious Script = Permanent Ban

Multiple Offenses = x2 from your last offense or x2 from current offense, if different, whichever greater. (Trolling = 24hour ban, you do it again 3 day ban, again 6, etc).

It's good to hear that you have set ban times and well-established rules (especially the increased penalty for base-revealing), but could you either have it be auto-posted to chat, or placed on the map, or in the mission info somewhere? At the very least, add it to the topic OP above, or on the WIP ofps website (if you ever need help with that btw, I'd be more than willing to assist with HTML5/PHP/MySQL development).

OFPS site should be up, thanks for your support Whalen but we already have a guy who does all of that.

We need your help...Please click on the following link and read about a game changing concept to BECTI (Zerty). I believe it will improve FPS for all and increase the gaming experience. I ask that you (at a minimum) vote and if you want post your comments, thank you.

http://jammywarfare.enjin.com/forum/m/16982958/viewthread/10573186-suggestion-for-boosting-server-fps-while-also-improving-becti/page/1

Updated the server with more mission optimizations and increased player slot size to 40. Happy to report we can provide smooth FPS to users for a whole round (6 hours).

I'm going to create a 2nd mission for the server by modifying the current BECTI. The focus will be infantry warfare at night without NVGs, BECTI style. To play, it will have to be loaded by an admin. The current mission is very popular and thus will be the main mission the server loads. This is what I'm thinking:

-Only transport vehicles/helis will be allowed (if it has a turret w/thermal it wont be ingame).

-No AI for purchase

-Player slot to 50

-No NVGs

-Only 1 base allowed

-No guided AT launchers

-No thermal scopes

-Laser designator w/thermal will still be available

-CAS UAV will be the only attack aircraft allowed.

-Resistance will spawn less heavy vehicles

-Game will start at midnight

-MHQ destroyed = victory

-Max FOBs will be 6 and will be reduced in cost to $1500

This mission will provide some diversity to the server by providing CTI Warfare with a twist. It will force players to use flares, flashlights, and whatever tactics we never see now. Could be interesting, we'll see what happens.

hi could you raise a ping limit a bit 40-60 maybe, im hovering in your server always in kick area

hi could you raise a ping limit a bit 40-60 maybe, im hovering in your server always in kick area

I'll keep it raised to 250 in the early part of the day (Eastern Time Zone) but I have to lower to 220 it in the afternoon/evening. With 40 people the ping limit has a dramatic effect on server desync.

I'm having trouble getting Blastcore A3 to work. I posted a thread on your forums, but not sure which you check most frequently, so I thought I'd bring the Blastcore issue and another issue here to see what ya think. After installing Blastcore, I tested it in the editor and can confirm it is properly installed and working, but when I try it on your server, I get normal (unmodded) explosions and muzzle flashes on some weapons are non-existent, like the 120mm cannon on the M2, as well as the howitzer on the M4. For reference, I installed the version available on Armaholic, as linked to here. If I'm supposed to be using an older version, is there a link to it? I've searched around but can't seem to find any older links, nor any indication of which version the server is running.

As for the second issue, I really think the AI needs toned down in difficulty. I'm a fairly good pilot, but I routinely get shot down by AI town defenders driving APCs (non AA variety). They're not even using missiles; they shoot me down with the main gun. If I was hovering in place or moving very slowly I could see this as being feasible, but at high velocity (+100 kph) angular to the APC, it just isn't feasible for a human gunner to pull off (consistent) shots like that, and I don't think the AI should be able to either. I've also had this happen with tanks shooting me down using their LMG, which is a little bit more believable but still... it makes using aircraft to capture initial towns nearly impossible due to the sheer number of APCs they spawn. I've even had an APC (again, not an AAA) shoot down my Greyhawk orbiting a town at 500 meters, moving at ~250 kph, from a KM away. While I know the AI needs to be challenging, this is beyond challenging and falls into the category of unenjoyable in my opinion. Of course, this is just my opinion, and other than that issue I have a ton of fun on your servers. It's worth noting that I've never been shot down by a player-owned AI in the same fashion; it's always the town AI.

Also, I'd like the contact information of the black market contact these village defenders use to get their hardware. Independent villagers driving APCs? That's just crazy! XD

I'll keep it raised to 250 in the early part of the day (Eastern Time Zone) but I have to lower to 220 it in the afternoon/evening. With 40 people the ping limit has a dramatic effect on server desync.

Hi Spanish Surfer,

I know I've talked to you on this issue in private over steam, but recent events have come to light that I hope will empower you to relax the ping requirements.

First, yesteryday, around the hours of 6pm to 9pm Australian Eastern Standard time ... which I calculate to be 11pm ( Feb 2nd ) to 2am ( Feb 3rd ) Seattle time, I logged onto your host when it is a relatively full server ( 35+ players ), and to my surprise the ping settings had been relaxed, as I was not kicked. The server peaked with 40 players and during that time, and I noted that there were several Aussie players with pings hovering around the 220 - 270 ping mark. I was surprised that I was not kicked, and remembered your statement about desyncs occurring with pings over 220, so while I relished the time I had, I also thought it would be a good opportunity to pay strong attention to the server performance, and would regularly pull up the player list, and cycle through their ping / bandwidth and desync values.

During that time I noted that the desync values remained at 0 for the players I picked at random ( including low and higher ping people ), furthermore the dreaded red chain did not appear, and during that time no-one complained about performance or desyncs. I can't explain it ( although I won't lie, it has given me great hope), and I would hazard a guess and say, maybe the bandwidth value is more important ? I found this forum post:

I can't post the link .. but if you google search for these words it should be first result " arma 3 bandwidth desync XeNoWolf ".

What might have happened is that players with poor pings, at times can also have poor bandwidth, and hence masks the true cause of desyncs and give an impression that it's the ping that causes it and not the true cause ( bandwidth ), or it might be a combination of the two, of which from the experience I had yesterday ( no desyncs or problems ), might indicate that with a decent bandwidth value, you can compensate for ping and not incur desyncs.

I picture it almost like a stream of water, bandwidth = the size of your gulps and the ping = frequency you drink ... you can still keep up with the steam if you drink frequently but take small sips, or take big mouthfuls but less frequently. Under both conditions the clients can still remain in sync and keep up with the flow of information.

I hope you have server logs and that if so, you might consider reviewing the validity of my statement ( i.e 40 players, some Aussies with pings in those ranges, desyncs not present ), or if not, inviting me to do a test sometime ( of which I would be happy to volunteer ).

Second, I was hoping that if your are not convinced, then you might at least consider relaxing the hours when the ping limits are in place. As of now ( again us Aussies will play between our 6pm and 12pm, which equates to your 11pm to 5am ), I note that the volume of players seems to drop ( ~ 15 players ) in particular on weekdays, and hence, if at least you won't lower the ping limit, might you consider relaxing the times .. as the server is particularly under utilized, and many Aussie's would love a chance to play.

Finally, if I seem persistent, I apologise, it's just I'm truly passionate about the server , the game mode and the great community of players ( including the admins who ensure we all have a fair and fun time ) of which I have yet to find or see any other server that comes close, and therefore I am hoping you might consider my points, and relax the settings to allow Aussie players in.

Thanks for reading, and hope to see you on the battlefield in the near future :)

Edited by Henroth

I'll keep it at the standard 250 for a few weeks and see how it effects server performance. However, please realize that we have players from Australia to Slovenia with pings under 200. I understand the difference between bandwidth and ping and both are effected by very different things but it's basic knowledge that lower ping = less desync.

See you on the battlefield.

-SS

I can confirm the excellent performance of this server. I just played with 30 players and the FPS was good enough! (something I don't see often in warfar servers).

The server is now saved in my favorite.

Interestingly, the server didn't show up when I laoded teh server. I had to manualy do a search for it in the Filters.

I've been unable to join with the suggested mods. It shows as Red in the server browser. I tried disabling the mods one by one in PWS but even with only ASR_AI3, Blastcore_A3 and CBA_A3 I can't join. With only CBA_A3 I could join.

I've been unable to join with the suggested mods. It shows as Red in the server browser. I tried disabling the mods one by one in PWS but even with only ASR_AI3, Blastcore_A3 and CBA_A3 I can't join. With only CBA_A3 I could join.

Updated the server keys with the latest versions, let me know if you still can't get in.

Hey Surfer just wanted to say thanks for a great server and setup choice.

I noticed I spend a lot of time and get frustrated with the equipping portion of the map and having to do it all over if the map restarts.

Is it possible to throw in a virtual box so we don't need to muddle with that and maybe reduce funds to compensate for the gear advantage?

Is the main downside to that the fact that people could then change to enemy clothes? Can that be controlled?

I just think it would be more fun to have access to all weapons and not have to waste time creating a gear profile each time and maybe throw in things like a way stronger resistance force to compensate??...

Thanks,

Hicks

Edited by CPL_HICKS

I play on this server a lot, and I was wondering if there is any addons / mods that could be added to give th AH-little birds for both factions counter measures / flares and chaff.

I play on this server a lot, and I was wondering if there is any addons / mods that could be added to give th AH-little birds for both factions counter measures / flares and chaff.

I am pretty sure in real life it either does not exist or is extremely rare to have CM on a platform that small. The better way to address this is to fly extremely low while using cover and also avoid hot areas.