NemesisoD

Realistic Wounding System [RWS]

rws_logo.png

What is Realistic Wounding System?

The "Realistic Wounding System" short RWS will be an Addon for Arma 3 which intends to be a realistic Wounding System. Today, being a medic in Arma 3 is as easy as being a rifleman, RWS tries to change that and brings a new medical dimension into Arma 3.

Our Feedback Tracker: http://tracker.tactical-stealth-squad.de/projects/tss-rws

Some Impressions

Photoalbum

preview_01.jpg

preview_02.jpg

Medical Interface

preview_03.jpg

Some Items

preview_04.jpg

The QuickQuck Dialog

preview_05.jpg

Simple Geiger Counter

planned Features

• Realistic Damage Calculation
    • 13 different hitzones with different effect on the circulation system
    • Different effects of different ammunition

[*]Wounding Simulation

• Units are bleeding and feel pain
    • Bloodloss has an effect of your circulatory system
    • Radioactive and gas simulation

[*]Transport System

• You're able to drag and carry injured persons
    • Injured persons can be loaded into vehicles where a medic can treat the wounds
    • The transport type (dragging, carrying, dragging with a strecher) has an effect on the injury

[*]User Interface

• Goal: Reduce the Action Menu Entries
    • Via the [RWS] User-Interface you can easily treat wounds per Drag & Drop.

Items

• Bandage, Gauze
  • Bandage, Gauze (QuickClot)
  • Bandage, Elastic
  • Compress
  • Compress, QuickClot
  • QuickClot
  • Tourniquet
  • Morphin Injector
  • Antropin Injector
  • Diazepam Injector
  • SAM Splint
  • Strecher
  • Infusions
  • more to come...

Development and Contributions by

• NemesisoD - Source Code
  • brainslush - Source Code
  • MacChronik - Graphics & Models
  • Cigar0 - Models & Effects
  • Ghost404 - Models
  • Sagamir - Dialogs

PR-Manager

NBRC_FOX

Special Thanks to

• Para - Our Medical Advisor
  • Tactical Stealth Squad - Thanks for Feedback

Any Questions?

For personal questions relating to RWS please contact NBRC_FOX

Edited by NemesisoD

Interesting, I'm seriously curious as to how "radioactive and gas simulation" works. This looks like an insane amount of work, and I wish you the best.

The Radioactive Feature is already in use as part of a mission, and the idea was to expand it further and integrate including iodine tablets within the Addon

wow, this looks amazing!!! can't wait to try it!! :)

I'll have to check, but I think you just blew my mind!

Wow. Excited to see this one added. Big Time!!! :dance1:

This looks awesome! If you guys need any testers, let me know, because our unit's PJs and medics have been looking for something like this.

It pains me because this looks awesome, yet almost no public servers will use it or allow it.

Anyway, as I said, looks awesome!

Will this have any effects like limping (speed limitations at least), increased weapon sway, increased fatigue (fatigue should increase faster and have a higher minimum value with bloodloss), etc?

It pains me because this looks awesome, yet almost no public servers will use it or allow it.

As soon we [HSO] get our complete collection of existing or *planned addons..we will open a public server offering

an Ultra-Uber-Sadistic environment for us and other kinky players.

You..can take that to the bank :D

Why not go the whole 9 yards and chuck in body armor simulation too :p

Very nice so far, Will have to keep an eye on this that's for sure, we're missing a comprehensive medical system for Arma 3.

Being a real life medic for 12+ years, and helping with the Combat Medical System for A2 and A3, I have to say a huge Thanks for going the correct route with Atropine, Morphine, and Diazepam. Epi isn't the magic "cure-all" that everyone from other game mods and game packages just drool over. Kudos on the work. Keep it up.

As soon we [HSO] get our complete collection of existing or *planned addons..we will open a public server offering

an Ultra-Uber-Sadistic environment for us and other kinky players.

You..can take that to the bank :D

This would be pretty cool.

The community really does need like a "new features" addon collection at least. Something that takes in a lot of community wishes and creates a standardized package. Something that has:

• RWS
  • Weapon resting scripts
  • ACSE / JSRS
  • ASR AI
  • TPW mods

Something like that, I'm sure I missed a few. Aside from the sheer boredom of playstyles/missions, I can't play big COOPs without these things since otherwise it just lacks the necessary immersion/challenge to make it worthwhile. For me it's generally SP+mods or PVP.

Being a real life medic for 12+ years, and helping with the Combat Medical System for A2 and A3, I have to say a huge Thanks for going the correct route with Atropine, Morphine, and Diazepam. Epi isn't the magic "cure-all" that everyone from other game mods and game packages just drool over. Kudos on the work. Keep it up.

Exactly what I was thinking. :) Great work guys!

Will this have any effects like limping (speed limitations at least), increased weapon sway, increased fatigue (fatigue should increase faster and have a higher minimum value with bloodloss), etc?

For limping we are looking for a nice animation, at least speed limitation works. E.G. you got a bad hit in your leg, you won't be able to walk anymore. Since you will lose blood, your personal condition will become worse and as a result, weapon sway increases and your eyesight will be influenced.

Why not go the whole 9 yards and chuck in body armor simulation too :p

We have developed a body armor system, but Bohemia won't let it work as it should be. You cannot disable the gameside body-penetration for units, but we are working on this issue.

We try to keep this system as realistic as possible and still playable.

Yeah, it would be nice to choose an armor loadout, especially once BI gets the weight/fatigue system implemented (where there are real tradeoffs to weight).

This is exactly what ArmA3 desperatly needs. Very much looking forward to it. Thank you for your work!

Why not ? We would if it adds to gameplay ?

This is exactly what I have been looking for to further expand the use of medics in my clan. Keepnupnthe good work and can't wait to test it out.

Yep looks really good. Very nice selection window.

Please stay on work. Can´t wait anymore...