Sign in to follow this  
glennog

JayArma3Lib - wrong bikey?

I've got a rented server that I'm running ACRE on, with JayArma3Lib and CBA_A3. CBA doesn't appear to be throwing any errors out - its bikey file is in the Keys directory on the server. JayArma3Lib, though, is a different story. Despite the accompanying key being in the Keys directory, I keep getting 'is not signed by...' errors when I try to connect to my server. Is the bikey included in the ACRE file (downloaded from Armaholic) the correct one? Is it a v1 or a v2 key? Can I check this myself?

Desparately need assistance

EDIT: Yes, it's the key... The pbo files in the @JayArma3Lib directory are signed with uoja2l_a3_20130319.bikey - this is a United Operations key, probably used when they updated it (I believe Jaynus, the original author, has left the Arma community so UO updated the lib for Arma 3). Starting a separate thread for that request.

Edited by glennog

UO haven't released their bikey so you either need to sign the pbos yourself yourself and distribute those bisign files (do they need to be in the same folder?) along with jayarma3lib to whoever you want to play on your server. This isn't exactly a perfect solution though, but I guess its a downside of ACRE having not been released for ArmA3 yet and everyone just "borrowing" it from the UO server.

It would be nice (and really appreciated) if UO / Nou could sign both and release the keys.

I signed them myself with my personal key so i could use them on my community servers.

If you run a community based server just make them yourself as Jsmuk said and distribute them to the other players.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14122

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armed_Assault:_Addon_Signatures