Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

Simple Digital Weapons System

w660.jpg

Example Mission

Download v1.2b

Here's a role selection menu activated via addaction and or upon respawn / mission start. Automatically supports all factions. The loadouts are to my liking, and can be tweaked to any users liking by going into the loadout files and adding or subtracting the desired weapons, magazines & items. Supports rank requirements as well (optional lobby parameter).

- Backpacks don't support more than 12 item types. You could have 50 of any item (if they will fit) in the backpack, but not over 12 different item types in the backpack. If that makes any sense.

changeLog:

* v1.0b release

* v1.1b

-added rank mode lobby parameter - Allows / disallows weapons restrictions based on player rank. Additionally there is a built in rank system that increases the players rank upon his score (default BIS score for killing units / vehicles). The rate at which rank is gained can also be customized in the DWS_Init.sqf file.

-Create dialog upon mission start

-tweaked loadouts more to my liking

-took out the default image text from a defined base class, therefor getting rid of the white "flash" of picture controls upon the dialog getting rendered.

- Other misc tweaks and fixes - too many too name.

* v1.2b

- Added in a temp solution for players exploiting weapons trading/giving in ranked mode. This disables use of the BIS inventory dialog entirely. Also, using a killed eventhandler to remove units weapons upon death is a good idea, then there is no weapons to be scavenged in any case.

Edited by Iceman77

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

looks great... nice work Iceman going to check it out.

Updated:

* v1.1b

-added rank mode lobby parameter - Allows / disallows weapons restrictions based on player rank. Additionally there is a built in rank system that increases the players rank upon his score (default BIS score for killing units / vehicles). The rate at which rank is gained can also be customized in the DWS_Init.sqf file.

-Create dialog upon mission start

-tweaked loadouts more to my liking

-took out the default image text from a defined base class, therefor getting rid of the white "flash" of picture controls upon the dialog getting rendered.

- Other misc tweaks and fixes - too many too name.

Edited by Iceman77

Looks good Iceman,

Does this restrict you from picking weapons up from the battlefield from downed enemies or comrades based on the allowed weapons you can use due to rank?

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Looks good Iceman,

Does this restrict you from picking weapons up from the battlefield from downed enemies or comrades based on the allowed weapons you can use due to rank?

Updated:

- Added in a temp solution for players exploiting weapons trading/giving in ranked mode. This disables use of the BIS inventory dialog entirely. Also, using a killed eventhandler to remove units weapons upon death is a good idea, then there is no weapons to be scavenged in any case.

Download v1.2b

Edited by Iceman77

I just found this now, almost by accident, while looking for other ideas on what to do with rank. I added the init line to an ammo box, added the exec in my init and copied over the contents of the description.ext to my own. I get the rank parameter at mission start and the addaction brings up the menu correctly but while it lets me click on available roles my loadout never changes. Nor does clicking on the equipment in the menu itself. Is this now broken due to some update (latest A3 stable 1.12) or is it fighting with VAS which I still have installed or???

EDIT: The test mission works so it must be something on my end.

Edited by Oktyabr

Looks amazing!

But is it possible to use some kind of listbox or similar for the classes / ranks? I thing it would be better to add some loadouts instead of using buttons.

I´m asking because i´m working on a mission with at least 20+ predefined loadouts.

greez