Robalo

ASDG Joint Rails

thx robalo for the fast answer^^

yes you did an answer in the vas thread :D i asked the bwmod developer and they said it is an issue with ASDG :DD well i post now you comment into the bwmod forum and maybe i get an answer :D

greets blackswater

i tried it with the comment the block what you said and it work :D

thx a lot, i am loggin forward what bwmod now say if they will fix it with the classnames

Edited by Blackswater

ASDG LightSwitch (optional JR addon)

Here's a simple addon which allows switching attachments with a press of a button between 2 states.

By default the key combination is Shift+L and this can be configured in-game.

Requires CBA 1.0.8 or newer and ASDG JointRails.

Download: https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22078/asdg_lightswitch-20140728.zip

Demo:

The zip file also includes a replacement config for ASDG Attachments.

Config example (for modders):

class ASDG_Atlis_ABR_D : ASDG_Atlis_Bipod_Base {
	scope = public;
	asdg_lightswitch[] = {"ASDG_Atlis_ABR_D","ASDG_Atlis_ABR_S"};
};
class ASDG_Atlis_ABR_S : ASDG_Atlis_ABR_D {
	scope = protected;
};

Damn! I was soooo close to releasing something very similar to this :D

Nice work Rob.

Damn! I was soooo close to releasing something very similar to this :D

Nice work Rob.

Heh, been sitting on it since Hatchet made his bipods, was just too lazy to release it (or dreaming about BIS improving their design) :). Only slightly altered recently to make use of CBA/Tao's neat keybinding feature.

Still, hope there's no stopping you from releasing yours, or if you have some ideas about improving this, let me know.

Heh, no hard feelings mate, honestly!

I just found it amusing how similar the setup is with regards to using config parameters to define the class switches, utilising Tao's CBA keybinds (was a big breakthrough to me as well) and ofc. a little bit of ASDG JR compatibility ;) Great minds think alike and all that

I'll PM you with what me and Tupolov had in the chamber - I'd like to hear what you think of it.

Robalo,

thank you for expanding the mod!

which attachment addons already utilize the "light switch" functionality?

If you mean bipods with lights and lasers, it's really not difficult, all you do is make the model, add the laser/light and include the memory points for it to include the functionality. The bipod is just a 3D model and that's it, TMR does all the bipod work. You have to be careful as you may get a light node with the laser, but I am sure I got rid of it.

Great work Robalo - now we need visible lasers from dear BIS

Still awaiting that day. Been experimenting with no joy.

Great addition to an already awesome mod robalo

This mod does not work for me. I placed a laser pointer, the type you used in the video, on my weapon and placed a flash light in my vest. The mod did not work after pressing the hotkey, both the default key and a custom key I made. The bipods do not work as well. :( For does who already have ASDG_attachment, do we replace the its pbo with your modified asdg_attachment or do we run both at the same time?

Edited by chondo999

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

ASDG LightSwitch v20140728

required_addons.png

ASDG Joint Rails

Or

Community Base addons A3

The following is only required when you want to use the ASDG Attachments replacement config.

- ASDG Attachments

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

i did as video and description said but it's not working :(. I put every ASDG files with opt (like mk18 rh m4/m16 etc) but it's not working. is it right to do it?

put ASDG files with opt (ofcourse CBA is already based)

get in to the game

attach lmm-01 light at rifle and put lmm-01 laser in the vest

turn on the light and press ASDG light switch key

Nothing happen

what should i do :*(

Same here. I posted a question above yours detailing the same issue. I hope someone with a fix responds.

You only need one attachment. No need to add another in inventory. Then that attachment has to be configured to work with asdg lightswitch.

The lightswitch addon, just like jointrails, does not do anything on it's own. It's meant to be used in combination with other addons configured to make use of it's functionality.

Anyways, wait and see da12thMonkey's addon once it's out. I think attachment mod authors should support his system instead of asdg lightswitch because it will allow for some really cool features to be implemented.

Edited by Robalo

Robalo, what is the directory structure of the mod installation?

asdg_attachments_c.pbo and asdg_attachments_c.pbo.asdg_jointrails.bisign obviously go in the @ASDG_Attachments\addons folder

What about asdg_sys_lightswitch.pbo and asdg_sys_lightswitch.pbo.asdg_jointrails.bisign? Where do they go? Same folder or their own @folder of my making?

Following up....

I relented and used Play with 6 to load up ASDG JR, ASDG Att, CBA and ASDG LS. There is no question the mods are installed as intended... I guess... No matter if I load LLM-IR or LLM-Flashlight, I only get one or the other. Neither SHIFT+L, ALT+L or CTL+L as assigned thru the UI (controls/configure addons) have any effect other than turning on/off the laser or the light. I am never able to get the laser/light combo. What's the catch?

Edited by lawndartleo

Read the post just before yours. The only mod that is configured to use lightswitch so far is asdg attachments (needs the config provided here).

Thanks for your kind reply, seems like da12thMonkey just upload something great, i'll check at home if this is working.

maybe it would be beneficial to all if you incorporated MRT functions into ASDG JR?

Robalo do you know if it is possible for muzzle accessories to work in the same way as the rails? Or are they 100% required to be defined in the WeaponsCfg?

Robalo do you know if it is possible for muzzle accessories to work in the same way as the rails? Or are they 100% required to be defined in the WeaponsCfg?

It doesn't matter if it's an optics slot, pointer slot, or muzzle slot. They all behave the same.

They do all behave the same now.

Prior to 1.24 though we had the whole "all weapons sound the same and have the same firemodes" thing to contend with when you placed a suppressor on a weapon. So the notion of a common muzzle slot has only recently become viable, and didn't really exist as an option when JR was made.

IRL suppressors and muzzle devices aren't really all that universal though (unlike like a picatinny rail standard or something). Lots of weapons have different muzzle threads for screwing the things on the barrel, most QD suppressors only slot on to certain designs of muzzle-brake/flash-hiders (check websites for Surefire, AAC etc. and you'll see that they sell muzzle adapters specific to their suppressors), and of course they're all calibre dependant.

One might argue that they benefit more from being weapon-specific and using the compatibleitems[] array in terms of realism, but on the other hand; more flexible customisation possibilities are indeed kind of nice to have. Tough call really.

@Alwarren - Thanks for the info.

@Da12th - Hmm yes I agree it is a tough call my only issue is that with the BFA's / laser attachments for the muzzle slot it would mean writing new config for each addon that comes out. Now I'm happy to do that but as you said in some cases a gameplay priority might be better in some cases.

Even BFA's are specific to the weapon, even though some people get it confused, such as putting a red BFA (M16A2) on an M4 (which requires a yellow BFA), or vice versa. Same muzzle characteristics but two different weapons. Or a BFA for a SAW is different of course to an M240B, etc. Personally there isn't much in the way of accessories in the muzzle department to really go ballistic (no pun intended) on worrying about a "Joint Muzzles" adaptation, but that's just my point of view.

@EricJ - Yea I know the different weapons have different BFA's but I was thinking more along the line of there are so many M4/16 mods that trying to support all of them could become time consuming. Not going to be a problem for the L85's but M4's could become a problem.

Anyway back on topic, I understand the reason muzzle attachments weren't included in this. Thanks for all the info guys.