tonic-_-

Virtual Vehicle Spawner (VVS)

Thanks for all the info about this update mate, I hope I did not bother you with my questions ;)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey. Did totally forget this script until today. Would be wonderful if there where a possiblity to restrict the use of this one to specific slots or player names. Or is this a task for the mission builder?

awesome. thank you so much!

Hey Tonic, always recieving errors:

Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\[MYCOMPUTERNAME]\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[MYPROFILENAME]\mpmissions\refined_vehicles.Altis\description.ext/VVS_Menu/controls/vehicleListNew.ListScrollBar'.
Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\[MYCOMPUTERNAME]\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[MYPROFILENAME]\mpmissions\refined_vehicles.Altis\description.ext/VVS_Menu/controls/FilterList.ComboScrollBar'.
Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\[MYCOMPUTERNAME]\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[MYPROFILENAME]\mpmissions\refined_vehicles.Altis\description.ext/VVS_Menu/controls/ButtonClose.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\[MYCOMPUTERNAME]\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[MYPROFILENAME]\mpmissions\refined_vehicles.Altis\description.ext/VVS_Menu/controls/ButtonClose.colorBackgroundFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\[MYCOMPUTERNAME]\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[MYPROFILENAME]\mpmissions\refined_vehicles.Altis\description.ext/VVS_Menu/controls/ButtonSettings.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\[MYCOMPUTERNAME]\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[MYPROFILENAME]\mpmissions\refined_vehicles.Altis\description.ext/VVS_Menu/controls/ButtonSettings.colorBackgroundFocused'.

Anyone know what VVS file I could alter to force vehicles I spawn in to have a line in their initilization field? I was wanting to use the new igiload logistic script along with vehicles I spawn in with VVS.

Anyone know what VVS file I could alter to force vehicles I spawn in to have a line in their initilization field? I was wanting to use the new igiload logistic script along with vehicles I spawn in with VVS.

Yup. I'm trying to figure out the same thing. In case Tonic or some other wizard of the script wants to pitch in on this we basically need a way to apply the following to a spawned vehicles init:

null=[this] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf";

Ideally how ever it's achieved would use an array of vehicles so things like the HEMTTs, smaller trucks, CH-49, and the MH-9 would be the only vehicles getting the init addon but I don't think anything would break if it applied it to all vehicles either.

In case anyone can set this up, thanks in advance! :)

Sorry for the late response but I haven't been paying attention to the scripting section of the forums. I will look at how that system works and post a solution.

*Edit*

This should work just fine, edit fn_spawnVehicle.sqf and under _vehicle setDir _direction; add this line:

[[[_vehicle],"IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",TRUE,TRUE] call BIS_fnc_MP;

I may add auto-detection support for this in the future but will wait till the system is more developed.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Hi tonic, and thanks for that script

also, i would like to use this system on nimitz....so i tryed some modification on the file "fn_spawnVehicle.sqf" with setPosASL

i put this line: (ofcourse it's doesnt work)

_vehicle setPosASL [getPos _unit select 0, getPos _unit select 1, 17.5]

if someone can help me thanks

Edited by Lt.Poutine

Sorry for the late response but I haven't been paying attention to the scripting section of the forums. I will look at how that system works and post a solution.

*Edit*

This should work just fine, edit fn_spawnVehicle.sqf and under _vehicle setDir _direction; add this line:

[[[_vehicle],"IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",TRUE,TRUE] call BIS_fnc_MP;

I may add auto-detection support for this in the future but will wait till the system is more developed.

Thanks Tonic! Will be testing it tonight! :)

*Edit*

Thanks a ton sir! I'll take it for a test run and let ya know.

I was so looking forward to using this mod, but on mission load it says controlsBackground\fn_titleBackground.sqf not found...How do I go about fixing this?

:(

I feel silly for not being able to figure this out on my own... but I give up! How do you do customized lists? And why does configuration.sqf refer to VVS_Premade_List twice? This is what I'm trying to get to work:

//Only display vehicles for that players side, if true Opfor can only spawn Opfor vehicles and so on.
VVS_SideOnly = false;

//Only set to true if you are making pre-made vehicle lists with VVS_x (i.e VVS_Car)
VVS_Premade_List = true;

//If you are going to use Pre-set VVS Vehicles it is recommended to set this to true as it will not run through the config saving CPU resources on initialization, otherwise leave as default.
VVS_Premade_List = true;

/*
								Pre-set VVS Vehicles
	This is similar to VAS's functionality, using these variables will only make those vehicles available.
	Leave them the way they are if you want to auto-fetch the entire vehicle config and list every vehicle.

Example:
	VVS_Car = ["C_Offroad_01_F","C_Quadbike_01_F"];
	VVS_Air = ["B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F"];
*/
VVS_Car = ["B_MRAP_01_F","B_MRAP_01_gmg_F","B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","B_Quadbike_01_F","B_mas_usn_Offroad_01_armed_F","B_mas_usd_Offroad_02_armed_F","B_mas_usd_Offroad_02_F","B_mas_usn_Offroad_01_F","B_Truck_01_Repair_F","B_Truck_01_medical_F","B_Truck_01_fuel_F","B_Truck_01_ammo_F","B_Truck_01_mover_F","B_Truck_01_box_F","B_Truck_01_transport_F","B_Truck_01_covered_F"];
VVS_Air = ["B_Heli_Light_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","I_Heli_Transport_02_F","CH_47F","AH64D","UH60M"];
VVS_Ship = [];
VVS_Armored = [];
VVS_Submarine = [];
VVS_Autonomous = [];
VVS_Support = [];

/*
								Vehicle restriction
	Again, similar to VAS's functionality. If you want to restrict a specific vehicle you can do it or
	you can restrict an entire vehicle set by using its base class.

Example:
	VVS_Car = ["Quadbike_01_base_F"]; //Completely removes all quadbikes for all sides
	VVS_Air = ["B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F"]; //Removes the Pawnee
*/
VVS_R_Car = [];
VVS_R_Air = [];
VVS_R_Ship = [];
VVS_R_Armored = [];
VVS_R_Submarine = [];
VVS_R_Autonomous = [];
VVS_R_Support = [];

And this is an example of what I'm using to call it (copy/paste from my mission.sqm, hence the double quotes):

this addAction[""Virtual Vehicle Spawner"",VVS_fnc_openVVS,[""AIR_SPAWN"",""VVS_Air""]];

But I keep getting an error about no vehicles being found???

EDIT -----

I got custom vehicle pools to work! I'm not sure it's the "right" way but at least it gets the job done. :)

I have two vehicle spawns, one for "Cars" and one for "Air". I wanted specific vehicle pools for each, including the new A2 heli port mod. Finally to get it to work I changed the line #18 and #19 in VVS/functions/fn_filterType.sqf from:

case "Car": {VVS_pre_Car};
case "Air": {VVS_pre_Air};

to

case "Car": {VVS_Car};
case "Air": {VVS_Air};

... removing the "_pre" bit in both lines.

This is what my VVS/configuration.sqf looks like:

//Only display vehicles for that players side, if true Opfor can only spawn Opfor vehicles and so on.
VVS_SideOnly = false;

//Only set to true if you are making pre-made vehicle lists with VVS_x (i.e VVS_Car)
//VVS_Premade_List = true;

//If you are going to use Pre-set VVS Vehicles it is recommended to set this to true as it will not run through the config saving CPU resources on initialization, otherwise leave as default.
VVS_Premade_List = true;

/*
								Pre-set VVS Vehicles
	This is similar to VAS's functionality, using these variables will only make those vehicles available.
	Leave them the way they are if you want to auto-fetch the entire vehicle config and list every vehicle.

Example:
*/
VVS_Car = ["B_MRAP_01_F","B_MRAP_01_gmg_F","B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","B_Quadbike_01_F","B_mas_usn_Offroad_01_armed_F","B_mas_usd_Offroad_02_armed_F","B_mas_usd_Offroad_02_F","B_mas_usn_Offroad_01_F","B_Truck_01_Repair_F","B_Truck_01_medical_F","B_Truck_01_fuel_F","B_Truck_01_ammo_F","B_Truck_01_mover_F","B_Truck_01_box_F","B_Truck_01_transport_F","B_Truck_01_covered_F"];
VVS_Air = ["B_Heli_Light_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","I_Heli_Transport_02_F","CH_47F","AH64D","UH60M"];
VVS_Ship = [];
VVS_Armored = [];
VVS_Submarine = [];
VVS_Autonomous = [];
VVS_Support = [];

/*
								Vehicle restriction
	Again, similar to VAS's functionality. If you want to restrict a specific vehicle you can do it or

Example:
	VVS_Car = ["Quadbike_01_base_F"]; //Completely removes all quadbikes for all sides
*/
VVS_R_Car = [];
VVS_R_Air = [];
VVS_R_Ship = [];
VVS_R_Armored = [];
VVS_R_Submarine = [];
VVS_R_Autonomous = [];
VVS_R_Support = [];

I also changed my addaction call for both pools to something like this (copy/pasted from my mission.sqm which is why there are two sets of quotes instead of one!):

this addAction[""Virtual Vehicle Spawner"",VVS_fnc_openVVS,[""AIR_SPAWN"",""Air""]];

Edited by Oktyabr
Found solution!

In regards to the igiLoader initialization on vehicle spawn, it doesn't appear to be working locally or dedicated.

Did i place it in the correct place?

as inserted:

/*
File: fn_spawnVehicle.sqf
Author: Bryan "Tonic" Boardwine

Description:
Spawns the selected vehicle, if a vehicle is already on the spawn point
then it deletes the vehicle from the spawn point.
*/
disableSerialization;
private["_position","_direction","_className","_displayName","_spCheck","_cfgInfo"];
if(lnbCurSelRow 38101 == -1) exitWith {hint "You did not select a vehicle to spawn!"};

_className = lnbData[38101,[(lnbCurSelRow 38101),0]];
_displayName = lnbData[38101,[(lnbCurSelRow 38101),1]];
_position = getMarkerPos VVS_SP;
_direction = markerDir VVS_SP;

//Make sure the marker exists in a way.
if(isNil "_position") exitWith {hint "The spawn point marker doesn't exist?";};

//Check to make sure the spawn point doesn't have a vehicle on it, if it does then delete it.
_spCheck = nearestObjects[_position,["landVehicle","Air","Ship"],12] select 0;
if(!isNil "_spCheck") then {deleteVehicle _spCheck;};

_cfgInfo = [_className] call VVS_fnc_cfgInfo;

_vehicle = _className createVehicle _position;
_vehicle allowDamage false;
_vehicle setPos _position; //Make sure it gets set onto the position.
_vehicle setDir _direction; //Set the vehicles direction the same as the marker.

if((_cfgInfo select 4) == "Autonomous") then
{
createVehicleCrew _vehicle;
};

if(VVS_Checkbox) then
{
clearWeaponCargoGlobal _vehicle;
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _vehicle;
clearItemCargoGlobal _vehicle;
};

_vehicle allowDamage true;
hint format["You have spawned a %1",_displayName];
closeDialog 0;

In regards to the igiLoader initialization on vehicle spawn, it doesn't appear to be working locally or dedicated.

Did i place it in the correct place?

That is correct IF you are still using the old version of IgiLoad. The new version of IgiLoad no longer requires this and in fact the author highly recommends against doing so. Only an initialization in the init.sqf is now required.

That is correct IF you are still using the old version of IgiLoad. The new version of IgiLoad no longer requires this and in fact the author highly recommends against doing so. Only an initialization in the init.sqf is now required.

Yes, I am using the latest and greatest version but it did not work with the init.sqf initialization along with VVS.

So, I also tried commenting the init line out and using just the code above to call the script, same result. (not knowing that it applied only to the old version)

But, I'm guessing that its not currently possible to spawn igiload enabled vehicles through the VVS interface?

Its weird as lifter works with VVS spawned vehicles.

My basic method of test is just spawn a ch-49 and see if there's a cargo function.

hmmm

Also curious how to get the newly imported A2 helos to be detected by VVS.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24846

http://www.filedropper.com/lwgpstratis

Edited by Dark_Spectre

Yes, I am using the latest and greatest version but it did not work with the init.sqf initialization along with VVS.

So, I also tried commenting the init line out and using just the code above to call the script, same result. (not knowing that it applied only to the old version)

But, I'm guessing that its not currently possible to spawn igiload enabled vehicles through the VVS interface?

Its weird as lifter works with VVS spawned vehicles.

My basic method of test is just spawn a ch-49 and see if there's a cargo function.

hmmm

Also curious how to get the newly imported A2 helos to be detected by VVS.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24846

http://www.filedropper.com/lwgpstratis

IgiLoad still needs work to work with the A2 choppers. Post on his thread like I did and maybe he'll get around to adding them :)

VVS works fine with the A2 choppers. The work around I used was custom vehicle pools. I posted how I did it on the page before this one.

Set up the custom pools, spawn a transport HEMTT, jump in it, you should have the cargo option. I do. If you don't make *sure* that the *only* call to IgiLoad is that single line in the init.sqf. If it is called anywhere else in the mission it will *not* work.

IgiLoad still needs work to work with the A2 choppers. Post on his thread like I did and maybe he'll get around to adding them :)

VVS works fine with the A2 choppers. The work around I used was custom vehicle pools. I posted how I did it on the page before this one.

Set up the custom pools, spawn a transport HEMTT, jump in it, you should have the cargo option. I do. If you don't make *sure* that the *only* call to IgiLoad is that single line in the init.sqf. If it is called anywhere else in the mission it will *not* work.

Wilco,

thank you.

back at it!

Ive followed your thread, and I now have your custom pools. But still no igiload. (It states it loads mind you, it simply doesn't)

The only part that I don't understand of your thread is where to place this in the mission.sqm as you indicated.

this addAction[""Virtual Vehicle Spawner"",VVS_fnc_openVVS,[""AIR_SPAWN"",""Air""]];

(in the init of the vvs box itself (in the mission sqm)?

init= this addAction[""Virtual Vehicle Spawner"",VVS_fnc_openVVS,[""AIR_SPAWN"",""Air""]];

Edited by Dark_Spectre

Ive followed your thread, and I now have your custom pools. But still no igiload. (It states it loads mind you, it simply doesn't)

The only part that I don't understand of your thread is where to place this in the mission.sqm as you indicated.

(in the init of the vvs box itself (in the mission sqm)?

init= this addAction[""Virtual Vehicle Spawner"",VVS_fnc_openVVS,[""AIR_SPAWN"",""Air""]];

Yes, that is correct. In my mission I have an AI soldier placed behind a desk. Near him I have a marker I name "CAR_SPAWN". I add this to his init box in the editor:

this disableAI "MOVE"; this disableAI "TARGET"; this disableAI "AUTOTARGET"; this allowdamage false; removeAllWeapons this; this addAction["Requisition a vehicle",VVS_fnc_openVVS,["CAR_SPAWN","Car"]];

The first half of that line keeps him from moving, shooting or being able to take damage. I could have used a box instead of a soldier too. The last bit adds the addAction to him. Get close, select the action, pick your vehicle, *POOF!* One appears in the marker area behind him. I have a similar line on a different editor placed unit for helicopters. :)

IgiLoad doesn't work even with the transport HEMTT?

Yes, that is correct. In my mission I have an AI soldier placed behind a desk. Near him I have a marker I name "CAR_SPAWN". I add this to his init box in the editor:

this disableAI "MOVE"; this disableAI "TARGET"; this disableAI "AUTOTARGET"; this allowdamage false; removeAllWeapons this; this addAction["Requisition a vehicle",VVS_fnc_openVVS,["CAR_SPAWN","Car"]];

The first half of that line keeps him , shooting or being able to take damage. I could have used a box instead of a soldier too. The last bit adds the addAction to him. Get close, select the action, pick your vehicle, *POOF!* One appears in the marker area behind him. I have a similar line on a different editor placed unit for helicopters. :)

IgiLoad doesn't work even with the transport HEMTT?

Yea, still no dice for me, not even with the HEMTT.

I can back right up to a cargo box but receive no dialog from igiLoad. Spawn a CH-49 and no cargo door option.IgiLoad shows onscreen that it loads(which I wait for) but it simply doesn't apply itself to spawned vehicles from VVS.

Both Lifter and =BTC=Logistics integrate with anything I spawn via VVS, it's only igiLoad.

I'm using straight up cargo boxes as the receptacle for the VVS initialization.

Still nada.

latest

http://www.filedropper.com/lwgpstratis_1

Yea, still no dice for me, not even with the HEMTT.

I can back right up to a cargo box but receive no dialog from igiLoad. Spawn a CH-49 and no cargo door option.IgiLoad shows onscreen that it loads(which I wait for) but it simply doesn't apply itself to spawned vehicles from VVS.

Both Lifter and =BTC=Logistics integrate with anything I spawn via VVS, it's only igiLoad.

I'm using straight up cargo boxes as the receptacle for the VVS initialization.

Still nada.

latest

http://www.filedropper.com/lwgpstratis_1

Hmmm... I took a quick look at your mission and can find nothing wrong. The only other thing I'm doing differently is the call in my init.sqf is still the default:

0 = execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoadInit.sqf";

And not the

_igiload = execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoadInit.sqf";

I know it shouldn't make a difference... in fact your method is probably considered the "safer" of the two but when all else fails I say put things back *exactly* the way the author intended and see what happens? If it still doesn't work then my guess would be an incompatibility elsewhere, probably between igiload and btc logistics (I don't run any btc scripts).

I can tell it works on mine as soon as I spawn a HEMTT with VVS (tweaked as I've described). Spawn a HEMTT, jump in the driver's seat and I immediately get the "Disable cargo loading from back" or whatever that addaction is. Doesn't even need a cargo behind it to see that.

Hmmm... I took a quick look at your mission and can find nothing wrong. The only other thing I'm doing differently is the call in my init.sqf is still the default:

0 = execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoadInit.sqf";

And not the

_igiload = execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoadInit.sqf";

I know it shouldn't make a difference... in fact your method is probably considered the "safer" of the two but when all else fails I say put things back *exactly* the way the author intended and see what happens? If it still doesn't work then my guess would be an incompatibility elsewhere, probably between igiload and btc logistics (I don't run any btc scripts).

I can tell it works on mine as soon as I spawn a HEMTT with VVS (tweaked as I've described). Spawn a HEMTT, jump in the driver's seat and I immediately get the "Disable cargo loading from back" or whatever that addaction is. Doesn't even need a cargo behind it to see that.

Ok, that's useful.

Yea, deductive reasoning insists that it be another script interfering if it works for you and we are both calling the same script. ( I even tried your method of calling it )

I'll remove the others.

Logisitics only purpose in life, for me, is to drag VAS and VVS endowed cargo boxes as well as all other lift-able objects to open areas.(quick-boats,SDV's,equipment pallets ETC)

If they can't cohabitate i'll simply need to be more aware of my placements.

thank you!

might you have a working example i could dissect?

Edited by Dark_Spectre

I tried this to import the A2 choppers into VVS, but it did not work.

I created both a marker called Air2 and a new array called VVS_Chop that contains the classnames of the A2 choppers.

like so:

VVS_Chop = ["B_Heli_Light_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","I_Heli_Transport_02_F","CH_47F","AH64D","UH60M"];

complete:

VVS_SideOnly = false;

VVS_Premade_List = false;

VVS_Premade_List = false;

/*
								Pre-set VVS Vehicles

Example:
*/
VVS_Car = [];
VVS_Air = [];
VVS_Ship = [];
VVS_Armored = [];
VVS_Submarine = [];
VVS_Autonomous = [];
VVS_Support = [];
VVS_Chop = ["B_Heli_Light_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","I_Heli_Transport_02_F","CH_47F","AH64D","UH60M"];

/*
								Vehicle restriction

Example:
*/
VVS_R_Car = [];
VVS_R_Air = [];
VVS_R_Ship = [];
VVS_R_Armored = [];
VVS_R_Submarine = [];
VVS_R_Autonomous = [];
VVS_R_Support = [];

Can I not specify and create my own array name as I have here, or must i work within the arrays provided only?