Sign in to follow this  
GDent

How do you deal with Arma 3's AI difficulty and the wounding system?

In Arma 2 there was a real sweet spot with the enemy accuracy using ASR_AI, and ACE's wounding/medical system was amazing. But the vanilla AI in Arma 3 is really hard to deal with, combined with Arma 3's vanilla wounding. I don't remember things ever being so difficult. Today I was testing the AI's difficulty with some friends and they would get killed after peeking just barely around a corner. It's ridiculous.

I'm currently using Zeu's AI mod (an older version, but it works) for Arma 3 and I can affect AI accuracy with it, but it doesn't seem to help much. In Arma 2, an idea setting was around 0.35 or 0.4. But for Arma 3 0.2 is too hard. But I know it's working because 0.0 seems to make them completely inaccurate.

So how do you guys deal with this? This problem has been turning off a lot of people in my group. I'd like to do something about it as soon as possible.

You an set other attributes aswell very simply. You may want to look into spot time and distance, aswell as aiming shake and speed.

{

_x setSkill ["general", 0.5];
_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.13];
_x setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.1];
_x setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.1];
_x setSkill ["endurance", 0.3];
_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.1];
_x setSkill ["spottime", 0.1];
_x setSkill ["courage", 1];
_x setSkill ["reloadspeed", 0.4];
_x setSkill ["commanding", 1];

} ForEach AllUnits;

I can already modify these settings server-wide through Zeu's serverskill. It's still really difficult, but I'll try reducing the values even further.

Are these the settings you use? Do they seem to work very well?

Hello there

I personally use ASR_AI for A3 in conjunction with other mods available here which makes the AI far less "aimbotty".

Check the ASR thread in the Arma2 section. There's a link buried in there.

Rgds

LoK

I'll look around; this problem with AI is really hurting my community, since for some reason Arma 3 is too new and shiny for us to move back to Arma 2. We're small enough for it to work, but the AI is killing it.

Thanks for the information.