Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

This is dedicated to my late Grandfather who sevred in WWII and was later wounded in the Korean war. Who wanted me to pursue programming when I was a kid. He was also apart of the group of doctors that found the cure for polio. He was an amazing man and is missed even 20 years later.

Now on steam:

AISS (Artificial Intelligence Support System)

image.php?u=60588&dateline=1420145179&type=thumb

Created/Programmed/tested by: AIM team: Mikey74,CosmiC10R,Sttosin, and introducing froggyluv. ALSO introducing Jackal Cypher as our newest team member.

My short description of this would be: Combining arms of arma3.

AISS2 is an AI enhancement. With AISS the AI will respond to incoming fire from other units. They will drop to the deck and start searching for the enemy shooting at them. They will also drop if friendly fire is to close. AI will also call for support from other units, artillery, CAS, infantry, tanks, and/or Mechanized units. Reaction and reaction times are based on each units skills. If low skill they will react slowly and poorly.

AISS2 Features:

AISS gives the AI the combined arms Arma 3 left out for AI.

AI will respond and react when fired upon.

AI will hit the deck when bullets fly by. Skill and moral play a critical role (BIS scripts and fsm's do play a part as well).

AI will seek cover.

AI will suppress.

AI will try to flank.

AI will use Artillery.

AI will call for back up from other AI units: infantry squads, Mechinized squads, Armor, and Airsupport if there is any around.

AI enemies will act more like there human counterparts!

AISS also comes with modules. Modules are basically for the mission editors. In the module section of the editor you'll find AISS module category. In there you'll find all the AISS modules and brief descriptions of what they are and do.

Requires CBA found here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

Brief instructions:

AISS2 is all automatic, but AISS does have tools for the mission builder aside from the modules. Such as:

Waypoints play a role.

Right now the important ones are Hold,Sentry, and Cycled.

If a group has a current waypoint at hold. AISS2 will ignor them as far as a support call. But they will still call others to support them. The support way point will ignor Garrison and patrol commands by AISS but they will be in the pool to be called in for support. If a unit has a cycled waypoint and its the current way point it will be treated like a hold waypoint. All other waypoints at the moment are remembered but do not affect AISS command and control.

Infantry:

If no waypoints are given to infantry they will do one of two things:

Infantry will Garrison a building if one is close by, or will disiperse to random positions. Garrisoning units will not Garrison forever, but every so often change buildings, or positions. Also They will not stay in a building if engaged by an enemy and if they do not have a good firing lane. They will leave there post to find a better firing position.

Infantry, Mech, Armor, and CAS will patrol if told to by module, if there are no waypoints given, or if they are on there last waypoint so long as its not a sentry, cycled or hold waypoint. Artillery units do not worry with Garrisoning or patroling. ;) An empty artillery piece that's manned after mission start will be considered an artillery unit and be used as such. Garrisoning units may fill empty positions in empty artillery units.

Mech, Armor, and CAS:

If they are called in for support. They will try and find position supiriority on the enemy, and engage.Radio calls for support by AI:If a group deams Enemy strength to be greater than there own they will call for support.

Artillery can and will be called by AI if there is artillery support set up on map.

Intalation:

Delete any previous AISS mods.

Put AISS2 (userconfig folder) in a folder called userconfig.

Place @AISS2 folder in your mod folder. There are a few links on Armaholic.com that tell you the best way of doing this.

Make sure @AISS is selected in your mod manager and enjoy.

AISS Final with fix

AIM team is moving on from AISS2. We are starting a new mod. AISS2 will be updated only to fix bugs we may have missed. The fine toothed comb is wore down pretty good, but there is always a chance we missed something.

SPECIAL thanks to all thats help me on this mod. Starting with xmdm, oda72nd airborne Niko flyinpengiun...., Dos Attorney, all the modders before me who has tuaght me so much, and most especially to my biggest and most fierce critics THE AIM TEAM!!!!!! Cosmic Sttosin Froggy, Redarmy, JC Ralph, and probably other I cant remember your name!!! sorry and thank you all for all the help tips and advice on this. Please give it a try its come a lonnnnnggggg way!!!!! lol Enjoy

Changelog:

changed suppression system

added a check for routing and routed units

*units now act more human like in combat and under dourest*

fixed apc bug, but still under bis control

when unit is routing skills will drop

it takes longer to make them rout

but when routed they lose more skills, and are turned back over to bis for fleeing

some arty tweaks

added throw smoke somewhere in between routing and routed when suppressed or running for cover.

Added filter for units with suppressor on suppressed script so not recognized so easily.

Extended finding cover or random position range.

Fixed Combatmode being stuck

rpt error in Garrison script fixed.

Few other minor tweaks and adjustments.... hey there has to be some surprises!!! :p

Previous Versions:

************ The Addon and script ************

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

beta 4

Changelog:

Made AISS modules and AISS a bit more combatible working with Zeus. When in Zeus AISS reaction time is slowed to 14 seconds so you have time to issues out orders before AISS take control. ALSO AISS modules show and now work in Zeus. :)

Few other minor tweaks and changes.

PS

If you use steam for your mods. You will need to download SAMO if you want SAMO with AISS.

If you download AISS here or Armaholic you only need AISS. Samo is included. ;)

AISS_BETA3_update

ADDs SAMO to AISS plus new userconfig added to turn SAMO on or off. See SAMO's thread for more details, because its also a separate addon. IF you download AISS you will not need SAMO as its included. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185655-SAMO-Squad-Action-Menu-Orders&highlight=SAMO

AISS Beta2.1

changes beta 2.1:

More random task for players. This will be improved with ideas. So give me ideas but keep them simple. ;)

Fixed player support: If Target was killed Player would be givven a task somewhere off the map.

Suppression and cover work a bit better together now and a even more realistic looking.

When units are suppressing they now will do it in burst, but can be supressed during and will stop and drop depending on skill. ALL is suppression considers skill and works with game controled moral.

Friendly fire can and will happen do to panic of combat.

If player is squad leader of AI.The AI will react like just like the rest of the AI.

Disabled Mech embarking and disembarking till I find a good solution to Iron front mod compatibility. Possibly in next 2 or 3 updates.

AISS Beta 1.4

Changes:

Player was included in AI features! This has been fixed. Player will no longer do what AI do. Its up to you to be smart ;)

Tweaked cover script a bit more giving skill a tad more factor.

AISS Beta 1.3

changes:

Updated AISS defaults. AISS will now start automatically unless you change AISS_Module = 0; to AISS_Module = 1; in userconfigs, init.sqf, or by trigger. Most of AISS parimeters can be changed on the fly.

Tweaked Suppression script.

Tweaked cover and suppress script.

Tweaked a few other minor things I cant remember.

fix for AISS 10/29/14

fixed anoying debug warnings

made few more extra tweaks

left out some user configs

changes:

AISS2 modules now has there own category in the module menu. They also come with a description.

added a kill switch to user configs AISS_Kill_kill = 0; for stopping the deletion of bodies and vehicles if you do not want this.

AISS_AI_Enhancments = 0 will now kill the suppress script.

AISS2 now uses a bin instead of cpp so that AISS can be uploaded to steam.

AISS2 Beta Release 1 10-26

Whats new in update:

Added suppression

deleted/merged obsolete scripts

added a clean up dead script

New userconfigs

Few more tweaks and adjustments

In suppression script everything is based on AI skill and if AI has a suppressor on gun. If AI has low skill reaction times will be slow or he will not react at all. If his skills are low he will also leave cover much sooner than an elite unit. Also AI will use suppression to pin, flank and out maneuver the enemy on individual and group level.

AISS2AR5.5

Changelog:

Add code for better server stability.

Reduced waypoint spam to 1 or 2 waypoints at a time instead of 7 to 20.

Release AISS2 AR 5.2

Changelog:

Added better reaction when AI is fired upon.

Added script for Arty knowledge of target. For immersion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxyyy6lt06o574e/%40AISS2ServerReady.rar

AISS2 Alpha Release 3

Changelog:

AISS2 Now Server ready!!!!!

There may be few bugs I may have to work out but fully tested couple times and so far so good.

Fixed XAISS undefined variable error.

Few other minor fixes I cannot remember.

TODO:

Convert AI SQF's to FSM's for stability and performance.

Add more features for AI and immersion.

Set it up where you can combine certain modules. IE Garrison and support So a group that goes into Garrison will leave its Garrison and go support another units if its called.

AISS2 Alpha Release 2.1.2

Changelog:

Fixed excluded groups. They were taken out of every pool except supporting pool. This is fixed. Keep in mind that Vanilla troops are not that stupid. If Artillery is going off around them or big explotions they will change to combat behavior, but this will not be AISS telling them to do so. AISS doesnt change combat stance except with mechs and Garrisoning troups to make them mount and dismount more efficiantly. ;)

Add user configs options for you to decide what strength enemy vs AI should be in order to call for support.

AISS2 Alpha Release 2.1.1

Changelog:

Fixed Patrol script

Patrol script recognizes better userconfig definitions of patrol distance.

Vehicle units no longer get out then back in to go on a patrol.

Patroling units will patrol several waypoints return back to original postion and gain a different set of patroling waypoints. Keeps things interesting imho. ;)

AISS2 Combining Arma Alpha 2.1

AISS2 Alpha Release 2.1

Changelog:

Added option in user configs for using AISS2 module or AISS2 starting automatically

Added a module for editor placed buildings.

updated Intruction_mission with new options and modules.

couple other small tweaks

AISS2 Combining Arms Alpha 2

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/96941926/file.html

Changes:

Changelog:

Whats new in update:

Added suppression

deleted/merged obsolete scripts

added a clean up dead script

New userconfigs

Few more tweaks and adjustments

In suppression script everything is based on AI skill and if AI has a suppressor on gun. If AI has low skill reaction times will be slow or he will not react at all. If his skills are low he will also leave cover much sooner than an elite unit. Also AI will use suppression to pin, flank and out maneuver the enemy on individual and group level.

Through out AISS1 and started over.

Rewritten from ground up.

************ Stuff to know disclaimer ************

This is an addon. Just unzip the file and place the @AISS folder in your mods collection folder.

I also have the script in the addons folder its in another AISS folder it has all you would need to make it your own addon if you so decide to change some stuff. Feel free to do with as you please. But share :P as Im still learning and if I like the changes and you are ok with it. I'll incorporate it in.

The sounds are from JSRS sound mod 2.0

*********** Requirments ***********

CBA A3

BIG THANKS TO:

BIS

orlok

drredfox

Foxhound

Katipo66

artemas

rpr

Frederf

Chocolate

sttosin

Kremator

Jblack9

Banky

Fragmagnet

Alex2k

xy

Przemro

N_Icomach, flyinpenguin and the 72nd ODA for proper coding etiquette, and all there help! ;)

Das Attorney for his valuable tips about coding, and he wrote the window/door part of my Garrison script.

And for all the expert coders that have advised me and showed me bits and pieces of how to code. This mod by far is not perfect, but is an ok mod for an amateur. lol

Thanks for the tips and advice.

Edited by Mikey74
authors

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
added CBA as requirement

Thanks Mikey, will check it out when I can, and look forward to see how you implement air/armour support.

Thanks guys!!!!! Actually made my day. I wasnt expecting to be added to a web page. :) thanks foxhound. :) Hopefully I'll have another update by the end of the week or sometimes next week with new goodies.

Thanks Agian! :)

Hello there

This sounds very interesting indeed, ill be testing it out tomorrow.

One thing, Muslims? Should that not be Muslim Extremists? Perhaps I'm being a bit too sensitive but its a religion not a race.

Regardless, any mod that adds to and alters the battlefield experience sounds interesting to me. Good stuff.

Rgds

LoK

Sorry man no offense intended. In the book I was referring too. Muslims pretty much unite under one banner. Yes the army is pretty much extremist, but they run the show. Iran and Israel take each other out in nuclear conflict. Israel has a small force fighting with the U.S. who by the way is now a Christian extremist country so to speak in the book, and I think what was left of Iran went to the new Muslim force. I do apologize for any offense.

Hopefully by next week if time permits and my slow moving brain permits. lol I'll have Armor acting more in a supportive roll rather than rushing headlong into an ATGM. Took me a few weeks to get to where I'm at so I can't make any promises. But that's my next quandary I'm thinking I'm going to tackle. That and I hope to have some feedback on the Artillery part so I can figure out where I want to go with that. To me its nice, but It seems to be lacking a bit. Thanks for your response I look forward to your feedback. :)

Hi,

Can someone explain how to get it work?

I've tried the addon but the enemy artillery doesn't fire. I did this (on the editor): one player (me), one group of enemy AI, and a enemy mortar placed far from the AI group.

Hi ddredfox It should start automatically. If you placed it in your mod folder section When you start your mission after about 5 seconds or so at bottom left of your screen you will see a side chat to your profile characters name stating this: yourname sidechat : "Artificial intelligence Support System online"

******Requirements****

If you do not see this you didnt place your folder in the right place, OR you do not have CBA A3 installed.

****** How to install mods ******

If your not sure where to put the mod here is a nice link that helps. :) http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=20866 or http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

I hope this helped. Thanks for your response.

Edited by Mikey74

Ok, I'll try to explain better (I'm not english-speaker...)

The addon it's loaded fine (i get the message in the side chat). But the artillery doesn't react to my presence (doesn't shoots on my position).

So, what's the setting to make it work? (i mean, triggers, or groups synced, editor stuff...) I need external scripts (besides yours)?

ahhhh ok How close are you to the enemy? If your closer than 200 meters they will not shoot. Also try putting more units on there. Make sure you between 200 and 1000 meters. I may increase it from 1000 to 5000 but have a few other things to figure out. :/ Last working release I had a barrage poor down on me.... didnt survive. lol Going to reduce rounds pure units firing artillery.

By the way No other scripts are needed. ;)

Edited by Mikey74

Your welcome. Please let me know if you see extra bugs I'm just not seeing.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

UPdated: v1.2 http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/69967332/file.html

*******UPDATE 1.2**************

1.2 AI was calling artillery before they even was aware of enemy. I fixed this with a knowsabout Command.

Now AI knowledge is based on some information so expect random panic Artillery drops on possible known positions, BUT dont stay put to long the better the enemy has a bead on you the more accurate the Artillery shots will get.

Few other minor fixes.

*********next update outlook ***************

Increase range of spotters.

Hopefully figure out the ETA command.

Possible start writing armor support addition.

Edited by Mikey74

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Look nice, I'd like to know if it's working on dedicated server?

Have you thought of maybe making the various range variables, or response chances, tied to a user config?

Also, how many artillery assets respond to a given fire mission, and if less than all, how are they chosen?

thanks Mikey74 for the great mod.

Random mortar fire is a great addition to any mission i think ;-)

anyways, the arty is very accurate. most of my squad (including myself) gets killed by the first barrage every time, so the missions are rather short :-)

Would it be possible to add an adjustible inaccuracy modifier by skill slider/userconfig... just a suggestion.

Keep up the excellent work!

thanks again

peace out

-rpr

Hello there

Im also finding the enemy arty uber accurate. Fun though!

Rgds

LoK

@foxhound

Thanks again! :)

@Papanowel

I don't know how to do this just yet. If I understand correctly you need a server key. I have'nt messed with those yet. That will deffo be something I'd like to figure out, but may be a while, unless someone wants to lend me a hand or a lesson. ;)

@artemas

Yes I have chance responses already. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by range variables, and yes I'd love to use userconfigs, but as with the key thing I've not delved into those. Another part of my learning curve. lol As to how many Art assest. At the moment I have one unit or group selected randomly. example would be _arty = _WArt select (round(random((count _WArt) - 1))); _WArt would store all Artillery Groups present on the map. _arty is randomly selecting 1 of those groups if there is more than 1 on the map.

@rpr

I'm sure there is and have that on my list to figure out. This is one of the things I did with the knowsabout command. BUT bad news is If they deffinatly know your there..... So will the Artillery shells be too. lol Yes I do want to figure that one out. I may shorten the amount of rounds falling till I figure that part out. ;)

@orlok

Addressed above, but thanks for the 2nd that on rpr's comment. Deffo going to move that up on my to do list.

Thanks for all the responses and insights. You don't know how much this helps me and points me in direction I need to go. :)

Edited by Mikey74

Can you program in an adjust fire round or two to sometimes be called? It'd make a good "oh we better move" instead of just getting pinpoint nuked on the first go.

Updated: http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/5252968/file.html

****** Version 1.3 ********

Artillery is now more sporadic and will not always pinpoint you.

Artillery will not be called as often, but there is a chance for a full on sporadic barrage.

Crazy error fixed with _lead Array.

Couple minor fixes and tweaks.

@Frederg I think this may be close to what your asking for, but not exactly.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

@Papanowel

I don't know how to do this just yet. If I understand correctly you need a server key. I have'nt messed with those yet. That will deffo be something I'd like to figure out, but may be a while, unless someone wants to lend me a hand or a lesson. ;)

I don't want a server key, I just wanted to know if it works properly on dedicated server ;)

@Papanowel. ahhhh I thought they all had to have a server key or you get bumped. lol Need to read up on that. I dont play multi player very often. Havent tested it in mp yet, not even over my small network lol, but I will add a line of code that may work in the next update. I'm not totally sure I know how to test that. I hope that we be me starting a mp game on internet instead of lan. IF not I'm not sure I can test the code I just implemented. BUT if your up for it I can send you a pm of what I've added in pbo form and you could look see if it works. Other than that I will try what I said above. I know nothing about servers. Just local networking and thats very limited. lol

@foxhound. thanks man hopefully after next update. updates will come at slower pase. I just want to make sure this 1st part is right. THEN I will most likely have to rewrite what I've done to implement other stuff. Hopefully not but most likely. lol

Edited by Mikey74

@Mikey74

great work, thanks for the quick update!

I don't get hit by mortars that easy now => major improvement!

I am getting script errors in

Arma3 Dev Build 1.03.110653

running AISS V1.3

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

File AISS\AISS.sqf, line 83

and also

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

}'

Error Zero divisor

File AISS\AISS.sqf, line 83"

like I said: keep up the good work

Thanks again

regards

rpr

@rpr thanks man. yehhh thought I fixed that, but it popped up again on me a few minutes ago. I've changed some things around. hopefully that will be fixed next update.

******news*******

I've harnished the power of userconfigs. will implement that in next update or two. I have a question for you guys. What would you like to see in the userconfigs? If I can figure it out I'll implement it. ;)

I've tested new script on an internet game. its working fine, BUT I really dont know if that means it will be fine on a server or not. I need someone who is familiar in that area to give it a test for me.