Sign in to follow this  
bvrettski

Arma 3 Returning to Beta

After the quality issues with the initial release, missing / delayed content and the disaster of the latest unplayable patch maybe its time to consider a step backwards...

Welcome to the A3 beta program.....:butbut:

The Beta version was designed to involve you more directly in

the development of Arma 3â„¢ on several levels. It aims to offer

an opportunity for early access to the game while it is still in

development, but also to feed back to the team and affect the

final game. See below for how to participate.

The Beta version is massively limited in comparison to the full

version. We intend this to involve you more directly in the

development process and give you the opportunity to affect

the final game. Your feedback and bug reports are welcome

and can help us to improve the game significantly. Please visit

feedback.arma3.com to learn how to submit feedback. Thank

you kindly for your support!

Please ignore the banner at the top of our site which would seem to indicate the full, stable, playable game has been released.

Personally , I'm looking forward to the re release party....

Edited by Bvrettski

And the purpose of this thread is...?

Opps I ment this to be in the Arma 3 general section..my bad....

But...the point was to comment on the state of the game and suggest that BI needs to maybe take a step back and look at where things are and where they aren't.

Doesn't it feel like we are still playing a beta to you?..err I mean and Alpha after that last patch...

Opps I ment this to be in the Arma 3 general section..my bad....

But...the point was to comment on the state of the game and suggest that BI needs to maybe take a step back and look at where things are and where they aren't.

Doesn't it feel like we are still playing a beta to you?..err I mean and Alpha after that last patch...

What are you talking about? They've only fixed things for me in the last patch. The game is running even better on Altis. Yes the game release has been anticipated, we all know that. More content is coming for sure, they are making two new planes, the campaign and more. We only have to wait. Now you are asking yourself: why hasn't the release been delayed? Only the devs know. I guess it's because of GTA V perhaps? Losing morale after developing the game for more than 3 years? Who knows apart from the devs. Anyway, I'm not mad at them. It's still a fantastic game, and I enjoy playing it everyday since the alpha.

What are you talking about? .

Hop on over to this thread...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150907-PhysX3_x86-dll-Crash

or this one...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147533-Low-CPU-utilization-amp-Low-FPS

I can't play more than 10-15 minutes without the game crashing since the last patch.

Add to that the missing/ delayed content, poor fps and multiplayer performance and yes it feels like I'm playing a beta.

Is it fun? Yes, at times when its not lagging out, glitching, buggy or crashing. Ask half a server full of people who get kicked if its fun..and yes it happens across the board on every type of server and mission.

Is it a complete game worthy of being called a full stable release? Hail no...

Edited by Bvrettski

Hop on over to this thread...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150907-PhysX3_x86-dll-Crash

or this one...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147533-Low-CPU-utilization-amp-Low-FPS

I can't play more than 10-15 minutes without the game crashing since the last patch.

Add to that the missing/ delayed content, poor fps and multiplayer performance and yes it feels like I'm playing a beta.

Is it fun? Yes, at times when its not lagging out, glitching, buggy or crashing. Ask half a server full of people who get kicked if its fun..and yes it happens across the board on every type of server and mission.

Is it a complete game worthy of being called a full stable release? Hail no...

If MP performance is bad and SP is fine, blame the servers and the scripts not the game.

If MP performance is bad and SP is fine, blame the servers and the scripts not the game.

How did you take 'performance issues' from those threads? It is outright crashes. Not performance related issues (Ping/FPS lag).

A larger hole in your suggestion is that there is little SP content, what with there being no Campaign.

Yes mission and scripts can be an issue but SP isnt fine....

Go into an SP mission..monitor your fps with fraps...drop some grenades and some smoke and watch your fps drop 50% and not come back. Now add that effect to multiplayer with a poor performing script or mission and the game is unplayable.

And no my rig isnt underpowered. Intel i7, Gtx 660 Ti, 16 GBs of ram, SSD. And no my internet doesn't suck Comcast 40mbts down /6 up. And no the server setup didnt suck. Quad core VDS with 4 megs of dedicated ram and 1 gigabit internap access.

Even playing BI's own mission "Escape Stratis" will show you the same thing. At server startup the fps is around 60 for me. Add 4-6 teammates and fight it out for 30 minutes and your fps will be cut by 1/3 to 1/2 and not recover. The whole engine bogs down. Now try it on a 60 vs 60 multiplayer server (Altis) and you'll get 18-24 fps.

Have fun with that.

Edited by Bvrettski

frankHH i think ur alittle clueless or abit wet behind the ears

let me fill you in here me old china if you havnt of guessed there is a major flaw SINCE the last big update EVERYONE i mean EVERYONE has been crashing losing connection and at time the whole server is wiped clean of player in a heartbeat bar mabe 4 player if your lucky

BECAUSE crappy update

1 exploding vehicles i experienced

2 crashing when driving over dead bodies (reported by other players)

3 crashes randomly every 10-30 mins

4 issues with everyones Physx and the constant errors

5 ALL HAPPENED SINCE THIS LATEST UPDATE

so please dont go telling everyone its all good with no problems as its far from good

as far as im concerned and i think i speak for most here we DONT CARE about new content untill these issues have been addressed we need BI to wake up and resolve simple as!!

frankHH i think ur alittle clueless or abit wet behind the ears

let me fill you in here me old china if you havnt of guessed there is a major flaw SINCE the last big update EVERYONE i mean EVERYONE has been crashing losing connection and at time the whole server is wiped clean of player in a heartbeat bar mabe 4 player if your lucky

BECAUSE crappy update

1 exploding vehicles i experienced

2 crashing when driving over dead bodies (reported by other players)

3 crashes randomly every 10-30 mins

4 issues with everyones Physx and the constant errors

5 ALL HAPPENED SINCE THIS LATEST UPDATE

so please dont go telling everyone its all good with no problems as its far from good

as far as im concerned and i think i speak for most here we DONT CARE about new content untill these issues have been addressed we need BI to wake up and resolve simple as!!

Well I played for hours and I didn't crash in both SP and MP. I have never experienced even a single crash since the alpha. Also, you forgot about how big was the changelog and the hundreds of bugs that were fixed. Everyone who has little experience with coding knows that fixing bugs almost always leads to new bugs. They are probably gonna fix this tomorrow in the dev branch, there is no need to be a whiny ****.

"we dont care about new content until these issues have been addressed"

1. Don't speak for everyone

2. After the launch most people have been complaining about the lack of content

3. These issues have been here since the last update, you speak like they are here since forever

"we beed BI to wake up and resolve simple as"

you speak like you are an experienced programmer. Well let me say that it's not "simple as"

well you go and enjoy your faultless ARAM3 game and let the other 99% continue complaining about the evident issues

speaking of which if your having no problems with ARMA why are you even contributing to the troubleshooting forums ?? strange

i think your the one that has the content issues whilst everyone one else wants a stable game

i dont consider myself a pro programmer but the DEVS are so they should be fixing it but they havnt even spoke on the issue as far as im aware so we are all left in the dark wondering if its to be sorted anytime soon

oh look ARMA 3 has stopped working as i type this message aswell

Then please use the already existing threads that cover current problems of Arma 3 for factual and useful feedback :)