Sign in to follow this  
ru55lee

Binoculars problem

Hey guys. Basically I can't use or see the Binoculars on my inventory. I know plenty of SP missions have them at start but I just cant see them on my inventory anymore. One mission I tried has a loadout box, so I found binoculars in there and when I put them onto my gear, it vanished.....but I was then able to use it.

Any ideas?

do you use the development branch?

have exact the same problem can't pickup any binoculars, rangefinder and laser designators out of any ammo boxes.

I do use development branch and it seems to be broken, will do further test and observation then report back.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

okay there is a problem in the development branch

made a ticket in the Feedback Tracker http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14946, please vote.

Binoculars, Rangefinder and Laser Designators are invisible in inventory if you pick them out of an ammo box.

You can use them as normal.

The corresponding icon for Binoculars/Rangefinders/Laser Designators is missing in the inventory.

Edited by maquez

do you use the development branch?

have exact the same problem can't pickup any binoculars, rangefinder and laser designators out of any ammo boxes.

I do use development branch and it seems to be broken, will do further test and observation then report back.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

okay there is a problem in the development branch

made a ticket in the Feedback Tracker http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14946, please vote.

Binoculars, Rangefinder and Laser Designators are invisible in inventory if you pick them out of an ammo box.

You can use them as normal.

The corresponding icon for Binoculars/Rangefinders/Laser Designators is missing in the inventory.

Yes I have the development branch...but only seen a few others with the problem :(

tried development build 1.03.110425 if problem still exists ...

but now after update the HUD is messed up and I gave it up

DnA

Warning: there are some bad UI issues in this publication. We're going to follow-up with a hotfix immediately (this will reset ongoing downloads).

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

tested again in new development build 1.03.110425

problem still exists.

hope this does not sneak into probably stable patch tomorrow !

Edited by maquez

bug unfortunately sneaked in today's main branch 1.02.110424

vote up, vote up, vote up.... http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14946

for game play and mission building this is a severe bug

Edited by maquez
horrible english :-)

since EXE rev. 110573 fixed

do you use main branch 1.02 ? there bug is still present

but since development branch 1.03 EXE rev. 110573

it is fixed, did test 5 minutes ago

I have an issue where I am holding Binoculars but never see thought them when I right click. I just zoom in like I would if not using them. Another issue which I think is related is I never look down the barrel or scope of a gun. Just cross-hairs in the middle of the screen. Is there a fix for this?

1) Pressing B equips binoculars, doesn't use them.

2) Tapping RMB makes you look through them (Not pressing)

3) LMB+wheel adjusts zoom

4) holding RMB holds breath.

EDIT: OK guess on my mouse I have to quickly tap the RMB, guess my standerd click is a press. All is working, move along now, nothing to see here.

Specs:

i5-2500K Sandy 3.3GHz | 7950 3GB 384-bit | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | Win 7 HP 64-bit

Edited by Canlocu

For everything else you hold in your hands, be it a gun, rocketlaucher etc, you have to press LMB to use it. But not on Binocs. Consistency would be nice. LMB for everything.

anyone know if there's a difference between raised and readied binocs? i looked at myself with command view and camera, but it seems there's no animated transition between just holding the binocs and looking through them.

anyone know if there's a difference between raised and readied binocs? i looked at myself with command view and camera, but it seems there's no animated transition between just holding the binocs and looking through them.
I believe you can use freelook.

I cannot pick up any compass, watch etc. If i put mine down in a corpe and try to pick them up again they vanish.

I noticed the problem in "Death Valley" as I cannot pick up a UAV terminal, The game is now unplayable as I need a UAV to complete the mission.

Just heading off to upvote that bug report.

Same problem 05-04-15 Main Branch, Death Valley

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Sorry different issue.

Anyone know how I can post a thread. I'm new and not allowed. Or even better can anyone help solve my problem.

Things vanish as I put them in my inventory (from a corpse) The UAV terminal does not appear in the menu or inventory but disappears from the world.

Thanks

Anyone know how I can post a thread. I'm new and not allowed.

Read the rules - all is explained there.