Sign in to follow this  
sxp2high

BTK Wirecutter

Not supported anymore!

Edited by sxp2high

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Excellent. I hate not being able to go through fences. Explosives kinda ruin the surprise. Thank you

Great stuff for stealth missions! Thanks for making and sharing.

/KC

I love the name "Bind, Torture, Kill Wirecutter".

That didn't cross my mind. I guess it is a weird name if you associate my tag with "that". Oh well... :rock:

Also, the destroyed fence objects are not spawned anymore because we had some issues with that (floating above the ground and such).
A pity, I hope you are able to bring it back (I assume that looks like the picture above the video). Would be so much better for immersion, also it would be less obvious (to human guards) that a fence has been cut if not a whole segment was missing.

(I assume that looks like the picture above the video)

You can see that in the video. It's not just a hole in the fence, there is still a big part of the fence that vanishes, but at least the poles were still there.

Very unfortunate, but I'm afraid there is not much I can do to improve that - I tried a LOT, but the results were not satisfactory. :(

probably not possible to read out the exact position of the fence segments, I assume. I wonder if it was possible to overwrite the default fence object with one that has something like a damage model, just one that doesn't kick in when it is driven over or blown away, but that can be triggered by your wirecutting. I have no clue about fiddling with models however.

Is that because BI was too lazy to create the segments as individual models and just used a whole fence as one model, as in A2, A1 and OFP?

Exactly. The fences are plugged together in 5-10m pieces (objects).

Sorry guys, no update for Altis. The new fence types can simply not be detected (engine limitation/no class names/I'm not sure why).

nearestObjects/nearObjects cannot even destroy the new fence types. Sucks.

Sorry guys, no update for Altis. The new fence types can simply not be detected (engine limitation/no class names/I'm not sure why).

nearestObjects/nearObjects cannot even destroy the new fence types. Sucks.

Man, that sucks.

Put it up in feedback tracker. I would really like this to work.

That's what I was suspecting, thanks for confirming... Very unfortunate sacrifice. :(