logitrust

ArmA 3 stops recognizing joystick as controller

Hi, I can not use my joystick in ArmA 3 without problems. When I open the game, I can see the device in the "configurate -> Controls" with my TrackIR. And out of nowhere, if I joins a MPserver, the device disappears from the game and it's impossible to use, until I restart the game. Sometimes it works without problems .. but it is only a matter of time before we speak plane crash and the unit is absent in the game... My TrackIR works without problems.

Anyone experiencing the same? Or should i accept this is to be fixed after beta and launch 12.of Septmber :confused:

All feedback is appreciated :)

Edited by Logitrust

What usb port are you connected to?

Can't find it now but someone posted a issue at the feedback tracker where his joystick stopped working when accessing the controls config.

He changed the used port from a USB3 one to USB2 and his problem went away.

Personally I have no problem with a Logitech G940.

Edited by TonyGrunt

Hi TonyGrunt. Sounds like the same problem he experiences.

Thanks for your advice. Its connected via. USB3. l will def. try moving it over to a USB2 port.

Il report back here how it goes.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

ah, no luck switching from USB3 to USB2. I did allso turn off usb legacy with no success. This could be a ArmA3 problem or a driver interfering with the Hotas Warthog Joystick and throttle. Last I see as unlikely as it works fine in other games without problems.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Can now confirm that this only applies/appear when running "development build" ;)

I do have the same problem, It has started a few days ago. I've never had such a problem before...I do have x52 pro , this is my post I've made today:

Hi, what has happened ? , I've never had such a problem before. The joystick simply disconnects after some time in the game, in windows control panel is visible. Same with G25 Logitech. Does anyone have similar problem ?

Hi PawelKPL. All we can hope for is that this problem will disappear soon. Realy annoying. Can confirm over for a friend in hear as well that he have this problem with his Saitek stick.

Hi PawelKPL. All we can hope for is that this problem will disappear soon. Realy annoying. Can confirm over for a friend in hear as well that he have this problem with his Saitek stick.

Hi Logitrust, I checked in control panel all USB hubs and some on them had a tick in power management - "allow this device to save power

". I did untick and was playing yesterday a few minutes - no problem so far. I will try test it later afternoon. cheers, pawel

Edited by PawelKPL

hi, tnx for nice info. how did it go with the testing? il check this out my self right away :-)

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

ok, il have now disabled the "USB selective suspend setting" in the power option. Hope this will work out.

hi, tnx for nice info. how did it go with the testing? il check this out my self right away :-)

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

ok, il have now disabled the "USB selective suspend setting" in the power option. Hope this will work out.

no go, still disconnects without reason...

I'm having the exact same issue.

My joystick is a Saitek Hotas X-45.

yeah no solution so far, strange cuz some beta update made this...

Hi, I can not use my joystick in ArmA 3 without problems. When I open the game, I can see the device in the "configurate -> Controls" with my TrackIR. And out of nowhere, if I joins a MPserver, the device disappears from the game and it's impossible to use, until I restart the game. Sometimes it works without problems .. but it is only a matter of time before we speak plane crash and the unit is absent in the game... My TrackIR works without problems.

Anyone experiencing the same? Or should i accept this is to be fixed after beta and launch 12.of Septmber :confused:

All feedback is appreciated :)

this is a known issue with windows 8, in windows 8 the joystick looses connection with the game but is still active in windows 8 config screen.

there are no known solution, the only thing you can try is put the game in windows 7 compatibility mode.

this is a known issue with windows 8, in windows 8 the joystick looses connection with the game but is still active in windows 8 config screen.

there are no known solution, the only thing you can try is put the game in windows 7 compatibility mode.

LoL, I do not have such a problem in FSX, A10, Arma 2 OA, Race07, Project Cars, etc, only Arma 3 and it has started after beta update.

• Like 1

Another thing you could try is monitoring the usb logs to see if it gets an error. Look into an update for them as well from your motherboard vendor's site.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_log_view.html

Although yogi may be correct if everyone experiencing this issue is on windows 8. If it is a known issue, please post a link to more info on it.

I don't experience any of this, but I'm on windows 7.

I forgot to mention on my post, but I have the issue in Windows 8 64 bit.

But only in ArmA, all other games it always work fine.

• Like 1

Google searching for joystick disconnects with windows 8 brings a lot of results with flightsim games (FSX, xplane) but no real answer what the problem or the solution is. If you have the problem you should mention your OS, it may help the DEVs diagnosing it.

Not sure if this is the same problem, but I fly using the mouse in Arma 2. Arma 3 won't even recognize the mouse as movement (heli forward/reverse) even though it is shown in the settings. All it will do is "free look" in a 360 view, this goes for any vehicle ground or air in Arma 3.

I setup my Saitek controller, all works great... accept the for/aft/right/left that the mouse used to perform in arma 2. Someone even sugested 2xAlt key, all that did was make it snap back to a forward view, & yes I tried with auto hover both on & off.

mine stopped working few days ago iv w8.1 help fix? iv thrustmaster t.16000m it only recognizes it for 2 sec

I also lose my controllers from ArmA 3 every now and then but usually happens when I didn`t remember to turn on TrackIR before launching the game, so when I go to options/controls to get TrackIR noticed by the game all other controls gets lost.

The only way to get them back is to spam the options/controls to make it recognize them again (by luck) or just simply restart the game which is a bit tiresome.

I`m on Win 8.1 using TM warthog, Saitek pro flight pedals.

I am running Win 8.1 64 bit. I use a Saitech X-55 Rhino Hotas and Saitech Combat Rudder pedals, and Track IR5. System seemed to be running fine with no hiccups until after I downloaded the Zeus patch. Now, after flying first sortie, all controls but Track IR disappear from the Controller and configuration menus. I can not get ARMA III to re-recognize them while in game. Once I reboot from the Steam menu, all original Saitech HOTAS and Rudder Pedal bindings return and I can use them again until I am shot down or crash. Appears to be the same issue everyone above is also having. Please assist.:(

Me too Win 8.1 64 bit. Joystick works for a few mins then just disappears. Checked in the controls and all the mapped keys for the joystick are gone and the controller isn't there anymore.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

I think it may be the latest update of CBA that may be sensitive. I have tested it by repeating the previous attempts without CBA and it hasn't crashed for the last 5 Arma boots with multiple mission and editor loads.

Not sure if this is the same problem, but I fly using the mouse in Arma 2. Arma 3 won't even recognize the mouse as movement (heli forward/reverse) even though it is shown in the settings. All it will do is "free look" in a 360 view, this goes for any vehicle ground or air in Arma 3.

I setup my Saitek controller, all works great... accept the for/aft/right/left that the mouse used to perform in arma 2. Someone even sugested 2xAlt key, all that did was make it snap back to a forward view, & yes I tried with auto hover both on & off.

Do you have freelook enabled in options? Could be that? Vehicle freelook or whatever its called.

Update: Yeah, that was it, vehicle freelook, under Configure-> Game.

Also I thought I should mention this. I don't think its the problem for people here but anyway...

If you have lots of USB devices, you wont get enough power to them all. Invest in a powered USB hub (connects to AC/Wall socket). I have 10 USB devices. I can only power 4-6 or so via motherboard. Too little juice coming from USB ports. One of the signs of this is loosing connection to a device. I drive racing sims, it's pretty bad when the device is the steering wheel.

Tip:

If you live in Sweden, at least Elfa sells those. www.elfa.se

Or search Amazon/Ebay for powered usb hub. Ordering from England is quite cheap, usually cheaper than buying in Sweden.

Edited by mamasan8

Same problem here. :confused:

Win 8.1 64 bit. My Saitek x52 Joystick works for a few minuts, then just disappears. But my TrackIR 5 still works. And also checked in the controls and all the mapped keys for the joystick, are gone and the controller isn't there anymore.

I have the same issue as all of you do. It is discouraging to see that this has been going on for long time and it still is not addressed or fixed.

Same problem here

Win 8 x64, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and Logitech G13 joystick

Problem occur after going to menu few times (hitting ESC) in game. its not 100% sure that if you press ESC its stop working, but eventually will