Fire-Fight Improvement System

Download Below

Dropbox contains the latest update!

new_logo_shmodel-vfl9sSGTp.png

news_download_a3_3.png

REQUIRES CBA!

Fire-Fight Improvement System

* Fire-Fight Improvement System by Zooloo75

* Causes incoming gunfire to scramble a group, simulating panic, fear, and surprise.

* Units may accidentally fire their weapon out of fear from incoming fire (possibly resulting in friendly fire).

* Units do evasive maneuvers to avoid gunfire.

* Suppression is now effective against AI.

* Higher skilled soldiers tend to regain focus quicker.

* AI can now suppress other AI.

* Units lose focus as they take fire, making them difficult to command.

* Firefights last longer.

-=Update 8/18/2013=-

* Groups attempt to flank their shooter(s) and continue engagement.

* Units will pop smoke when under fire.

* Sniper units react differently than non-sniper units.

* Bleed-outs now result in actual blood loss instead of just behaving as a visual.

-=Update 8/19/2013=-

* Added userConfig file.

* Added functionality to vehicles.

* AI can call in artillery support.

* Added wind simulation to most types of projectiles. (Can be toggled via userConfig)

-=Update 8/20/2013=-

* Added more options to the userConfig file.

* Units with LMG's will try to suppress the shooter's position, firing in full-auto.

I started this system yesterday because I disliked how uniform the units reacted to incoming gunfire. Without this system, units receiving fire usually take a few steps then crouch and immediately return fire with ultimate precision. This changes that by prolonging firefights; making AI lay down suppression; Evade incoming fire by moving around, attempting to find cover; and also report that they are taking fire and where. Units that are taking fire are difficult to command as they disregard orders in an attempt to keep themselves alive. Groups also attempt to flank their shooters and continue combat instead of cluelessly standing around after taking fire.

User Configuration

Inside the download there is a userConfig folder. Inside is a file called FFIS.hpp. Open the file in your preferred text editor (such as Notepad++) to toggle certain features of the mod.

For example, if you don't like the panic feature then you can toggle it by changing the SS_FFIS_LOSECOMMAND value to false; or if your PC can't handle all the smoke grenades the AI throws, you can toggle that feature by changing the SS_FFIS_USESMOKE value to false.

Copyright

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Edited by zooloo75
  • Like 1

Sounds excellent. Does it work in MP?

I made it for singleplayer so I haven't been able to test it in an MP environment, but it should work for the most part.

Thanks Zooloo, sounds interesting.. I like the scramble/scatter idea

Thank you zooloo75, this is a very useful system ;)

Put up a fight between 40 soldiers in Agia Marina and the fight went on for 20 minutes. I really liked the feeling and the adrenaline kick.

Well done zooloo75 :)

Just played a user made SP mission with this mod and with TMR mod. It was pretty great and the firefights were very fun. More testing to come. I kept losing control of my squad though (they would disappear from the bottom bar) - is this part of your mod? Also we placed an explosive to destroy the objective and because my guys got panicky they wouldn't come with me when I sprinted away resulting in their death. Anyway, could use some tweaking I will do more testing but love the idea...

Just played a user made SP mission with this mod and with TMR mod. It was pretty great and the firefights were very fun. More testing to come. I kept losing control of my squad though (they would disappear from the bottom bar) - is this part of your mod? Also we placed an explosive to destroy the objective and because my guys got panicky they wouldn't come with me when I sprinted away resulting in their death. Anyway, could use some tweaking I will do more testing but love the idea...

Yes that is part of the mod. They are panicking and lose focus meaning that they won't be able to carry out your orders.

EDIT - Fixed the issue by having friendlies ignore their own team's fire. Updated the Dropbox.

Edited by zooloo75

Cool - is the latest version uploaded because I just DL'd it and its the exact same size in Bytes as the one I already had? Would be useful if you named the files v1.1, 1.2 etc. Look forward to doing more testing...

Cool - is the latest version uploaded because I just DL'd it and its the exact same size in Bytes as the one I already had? Would be useful if you named the files v1.1, 1.2 etc. Look forward to doing more testing...

The Dropbox link should say how long ago the file was uploaded. - File size shouldn't change much at all, just added 1 line of code.

Update uploaded on Dropbox!

Units now pop smoke and also attempt to flank their shooter(s).

Behavior tweaked slightly too.

Any idea if this will work along with UPSMON? Would your script take over once the ai gets into combat?

Any idea if this will work along with UPSMON? Would your script take over once the ai gets into combat?

I never used UPSMON, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

This sounds really cool. Will try this tonight

Thanks! BTW, I love your PMC mod :)

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Update!

* Bleedouts now result in actual bloodloss instead of just behaving as a visual.

---

Working on another update too that makes groups retreat if there are more than half of their units panicking. - Didn't get expected results with this, nor with surrendering.

Edited by zooloo75

Thanks! BTW, I love your PMC mod :)

Cheers mate :)

Update!

* Bleedouts now result in actual bloodloss instead of just behaving as a visual.

---

Working on another update too that makes groups retreat if there are more than half of their units panicking.

How about surrender, say if a groups position is rushed by enemy forces and they're outnumbered?

Cheers mate :)

How about surrender, say if a groups position is rushed by enemy forces and they're outnumbered?

I've made and tested both and I didn't get the results I wanted. AI failed to move to the calculated retreat position (200 meters opposite from the shooter); Surrendered units didn't stay in the hands up animation (and BIS still hasn't fixed the bug that causes the surrender animation to make the player slide to infinity...) and would just run off to nowhere...

Excuses, I know :(

If I have some time tomorrow, I'll think of some more goodies to add for the AI :P

Edited by zooloo75

This changes that by prolonging firefights; making AI lay down suppression; Evade incoming fire by moving around, attempting to find cover; and also report that they are taking fire and where.

Now that's what Im talking about -AI relaying why they're doing what their doing...goes a long way to explaining their sometimes 'questionable behavior'. Maybe you could add this to AI whose under Hold Fire order suddenly decides to open up without permission "Aw f*ck this I'm goin in!!"

Also, how do you mean the sniper reacts differently? Aims for higher ground?

Now that's what Im talking about -AI relaying why they're doing what their doing...goes a long way to explaining their sometimes 'questionable behavior'. Maybe you could add this to AI whose under Hold Fire order suddenly decides to open up without permission "Aw f*ck this I'm goin in!!"

Also, how do you mean the sniper reacts differently? Aims for higher ground?

They are less likely to overreact to incoming fire and won't pop smoke or move around as much (attempting to stay in stealth).

this has some potential :)

what are you working on now? update wise

Great mod but I have one problem. The use of smoke creates FPS problem for me because AI tend to use it often.

Great mod but I have one problem. The use of smoke creates FPS problem for me because AI tend to use it often.

Must be time for an upgrade then :P