makhno

G.O.S Koplic : Arma 3 Island

I'm pleased to present my latest addon for Arma 3 : Koplic

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/32/1376003442-10.jpg (397 kB)
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/32/1376003494-9.jpg (503 kB)
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/32/1376003441-15.jpg (580 kB)
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/32/1376003413-3.jpg (713 kB)
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/32/1376003397-4.jpg (475 kB)

This terrain depicts a mediterranean plain, clustered with small villages, and featuring a couple of waterways.
All the buildings are Arma 3's and so are enterable.
This map is far from perfect, there are many little details that are wrong, though I hope will provide an interesting playground while waiting for Arma 3 's release.

Main features :
A3 Buildings.
A3 Vegetation.
A3 Road network.

Credits :
ZeroG for his wonderful addon, without which creating this island would not have been possible.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159952-ZGM-Visitor-Objects-for-ArmA-3-BETA
Shezan74 for worldTools
M1lkm8ns whose sample island config was used for this island.
Many others who provided meaningfull information through many forums.

V0.3 is available.

Changes :

-Reset all objects's position relative to the ground.

-Redone the ground textures.

-Signed the addon

-Added a couple of trees and bushes in the built-up areas.

-Minor corrections of the terrain itself

Download link :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bp3l1rcgot8ao7q/%40KoplicV03.rar

http://www.clan-gos.fr

Edited by makhno

Thanks for sending the release our way :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Looks good mate - looking forward to trying it out

cheers

very nice. :)

A few things you can improve:

-add an airfield :rolleyes:

-maybe change the roads.. they're barely visible, and a 'harder' road would fit better.

-the map texture seems a bit off when you're zoomed out

Other than that, very nice addon. :)

very nice. :)

A few things you can improve:

-add an airfield :rolleyes:

-maybe change the roads.. they're barely visible, and a 'harder' road would fit better.

-the map texture seems a bit off when you're zoomed out

Other than that, very nice addon. :)

Think Thomas pretty much got it there!

Though am getting cracking fps for my crappy pc-so i'm happy.

Loving the river network, the airfield would be a big plus, so the boats will now get a bigger use.

Always nice to get another island as Stratis is getting very stale now.

So thanks for this! :cool:

@BusterBlader -doors work fine for me.

Aaaaaaaaaah yissssss!!

Testing it soon, looks awesome!!!

If you can't figure out how to add actual roads, like the ones in Stratis, you can probably try to use one of the concrete pier objects or military concrete walls to use as roads temporarily. You'd just have to set their vector in a way so that they'd be laying down flat on the ground so its elevation is low enough to be poking through the floor -- just enough to see and walk onto. Just a plan B idea. :o

PS: Awesome map. Love the amount of towns, woodlands, and rivers added. Only recommendations honestly, aside from expanding the island, is to add actual roads/streets. Also, if you do expand the map size, it'd be nice to have larger hills or mountains. Buuuuuut that's not even a big deal. Map is great so far, really looking forward to all future updates if you do intend to work on it more.

Ahhhhhh, wanting to test this, but my rig isn't here with me :(

Gonna try this in about 1 or 2 weeks, depending when I'm back home.

Excellent, rivers look great.

Well done! I hope you plan to do some more improvements. I have already created a little assault boat mission down the river! Awesome fun to speed along being attacked from both shore lines. I just wished the water "waves against shore" could be tweaked/eliminated as it destroys immersion of a river and overall just look bad. I doubt anyone could do anything about that though. Engine thing probably.

Island gets better and better the more i play on it!- especially nice running Benny's latest Warfare on it!

One other thing i noticed? Vehicles (Marshall) actually go slower on the 'roads' than off road?

Well I planned on going to bed two hours ago, but instead found this. New flying practice map confirmed and greatly appreciated! Any plans on incorporating roads and bridges?

Hi, great job! Finally the first release of a new arma 3 island! I've tried in single and it's nice but one thing ... for use it in multiplayer it's better release also a signature ( bikey ) :-) good job!

Just some feed back, sometimes units get stuck on some parts of banks when crossing rivers.. They can't seem to get out of the water as soon as they touch the bank and become stuck, both infantry and vehicles.

VERY NICE! , thnx for the work

Dont know if this was seen on the ArmAholic comments a few days ago, but if I may recommend a few things:

- Make the smaller estuaries a bit wider, deeper and connect them to each other and to the main rivers (so a Speedboat can get through at slow speeds and/or carefully)

- Have said estuaries connect one main river to the other.

Hi, yes, i saw all the coments, but at the moment, i dont plan too much work on this peculiar island, because Altis is only days away, and obviously, it will bring a lot of content, and provide many oportunities for scenari.

My only goal while creating Koplic was to offer infantry oriented playground (though of course i intended the boats to be used, but merely the smaller ones, as transportation means).

That's why I choose shallow streams, that infantry can cross easily.

At the moment, i'm implementing roads thanks to M1lkm8n's tutorial.

In the future I will probably release a bigger ( 20km x 20 km) island featuring wide interconnected waterways which will accomodate gunboats.

Thanks for the response, Makhno. Cant wait for when ya update it! I will say that the only thing missing on all of Bohemia's maps they've ever done are rivers. They apparently dont exist in the armaverse and having them is absolutely vital.

Hi, yes, i saw all the coments, but at the moment, i dont plan too much work on this peculiar island, because Altis is only days away, and obviously, it will bring a lot of content, and provide many oportunities for scenari.

My only goal while creating Koplic was to offer infantry oriented playground (though of course i intended the boats to be used, but merely the smaller ones, as transportation means).

That's why I choose shallow streams, that infantry can cross easily.

At the moment, i'm implementing roads thanks to M1lkm8n's tutorial.

In the future I will probably release a bigger ( 20km x 20 km) island featuring wide interconnected waterways which will accomodate gunboats.

Although Altis will be out soon it's always nice to have different terrains to mix it up, anyway it would be great if you could look at the river bank issue and units getting stuck, I can send you repro mission if needed. It's hard to use if AI are unable to cross where they want.