Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Thank you for your work so far ! this won't be forgotten, you already made a lot for all of us. Godspeed !

Without Xeno, there are 14 other ACE developers. If you have seen what is planned with ACE 3, you would realize why it may not be released soon. You also have to understand many modders are waiting for the new BI tools for Arma 3.

Care to drop some droplets of information? I have heard nothing about ACE 3 outside of them planning to make ACE for ArmA III, but that was when the game was planned for 2012.

Edited by Foffy

Can't deploy bipod by pressing tab, t and r by using default weapon (The vanila)

Is it related so it's not working that if i don't install certain pbo such as 2d scope?

I had a similar problem (for me weapon resting didn't work at all). I have no idea what fixed it though, eventually I got it working even with some scope .pbos removed from the addon. just make sure you load CBA first

Tab need to be bound to 'next target' in the weapons section of the control settings. It is not bound by default (anymore)

This is mentioned a few times previously in this thread, but it would be helpful if it was in the first post!

@Taosenai - THANKYOU for your great mod and the work you have put into it so far. Sad to hear you don't have the time to keep up the work, but real life is more important! I hope someone as gifted picks up your work and runs with it.

i was going to ask if there was any way to get TMR to effect the weapons from the "NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS" mod by Massi as this has all the weapons we are sorely missing from A2. The bipod works but weapon sway seems wrong.

The classnames must have changed somehow with the new patch because TMR's ROF is not working anymore :(

Edited by NikoTeen

The classnames must have changed somehow with the new patch because TMR's ROF is not working anymore :(
Could anyone with Modding knowledge fix this?

Yay!

Will custom weapons such as Hammer's m16 work with this?

Doesn't seem to...probably needs to be configured properly to allow it.

My question is, does everything in TMR still work with the latest dev branches? The weapon resting seems hit-or-miss.

A lot of interesting discussion here.

But here is some bad news!

Due to an overwhelming amount of work in real life as I enter a critical phase of my PhD work (including research abroad very soon), I'm afraid TMR development is basically stopped for the foreseeable future. I will try to continue to keep the mod functional as it is, but I simply don't see myself being able to continue to add features on a reasonable timetable. This is unfortunate for TMR and unexpected -- I didn't expect my real life timetable to accelerate quite so rapidly (though I'm pleased it has).

Because TMR is open source, I encourage someone to fork and continue it! If not, I'm certain that in time other, greater mods will replace and surpass its meager feature set, anyway.

I won't be able to check this thread much I don't suspect, but interested forkers/devs can email me or contact me through github if they need any specifics on TMR. I'm also willing to relicense sections of the code as needed, if that's beneficial.

Bad news indeed! But life, is what it is. Best wishes in finishing up the education! Oh wait, that never ends. But still, good luck and many thanks for all that you have done. Still used daily.

We might be interested in taking a look at things, will have to get with Robalo and see if it's something we can fit into our doings. Was going to release an optional/updated TMR_autorest.pbo here shortly that works with some bipods. Came looking to see what's up, but here we are. Anyway, will catch up with you elsewhere.

Resting isn't dependent on any config names or so. It should still work unless they changed how lineIntersects work (And I doubt they did that).

I did a change on autorest, to make sure you can't rest on bushes (and some other objects anymore). Fixed the fact that you don't automatically get unrested when you're hardrested and turn around in opposite direction. Also removed the vertical resting. The reason the formatting of the objects is so weird, is because I couldn't be bothered running extra functions to clean the strings up.

You can get it here: https://github.com/Adanteh/tmr/blob/master/tmr_autorest/init.sqf

One question though: Does anyone know if it's possible to do an area intersect thing instead of a line intersect? Right now resting/deploying on fences is very troublesome. I figured if instead of just having a line that checks, i'd rather have a surface area that checks if it collides with anything. That way you won't have to worry about the intersecting line missing thin objects railings and so.

Edited by Adanteh

Resting isn't dependent on any config names or so. It should still work unless they changed how lineIntersects work (And I doubt they did that).

Manual weapon resting is a lot more stable for weapons with bipods in TMR and the bipod feature is defined in CfgWeapons.

Check your keybinds. The 'next target' button is used, which defaults to tab but it might be changed. Also make you're actually using a weapon with a bipod.

hey maybe you can get it to work that the scopes only zoom in not the entire screen around the scope. that't not really realistic ;)

As Adanteh said, TMR uses Next Target keybind, which recently got unbinded in the latest A3 version (which has T for Lock but Next Target is empty). Just make sure to go to your keybinds and map Next Target to Tab or whatever.

hey maybe you can get it to work that the scopes only zoom in not the entire screen around the scope. that't not really realistic ;)
You're new here are you not?

This has been proven impossible performance wise.

Yay!

This has been proven impossible performance wise.

Performance wise it's absolutely fine.

Except there's a number of issues with that, since it's using PIP in the scope. For example there's lower quality textures, the clouds that were obviously there couldn't be seen through the scope, the aim responded very unfluently to the mouse, etc. If that's what we'd have to put up with, I'd never touch a scope in A3 again.

It's actually pretty responsive. And the resolution could be much higher. Note that this is just crude, scripted test thing.

Try it yourself, there's a link in description. Imagine if it was properly done by devs.

I've tried using PIP at the very best level possible, and it still certainly isn't something that I'd ever find acceptable for a sight. It's all right for rear view mirrors, cameras, etc., but that's about it.

Hello all, first post on this website for some reason....been playing the series since OFP and a member over at Armaholic, but never here. Strange. Guess now is better than never. In any case, on to the point of my post, I have been designing a mission and was trying to simply add a picture and description to my custom made folder which is displayed in the Scenario screen for SP (Parent folder with mission inside). Now only reason I posted here was I noticed the tutorial mission for TMR has a parent folder with custom picture and description, and missions listed after opened.

Also, I didn't just senselessly post without properly searching first, and trust me...I searched vigorously on this topic but never finding anything useful (Foxhound would be proud). The only link which had any value was a wiki page telling how to export the mission as an Addon PBO instead of Mission PBO where you could define the parent folder in the config.cpp. Now I tried the method as described, without binarizing it, using binPBO, but no luck...reloaded A3 after placing pbo in addon folder but no folder or mission displayed in Scenario screen. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

Sorry for the off-topic post, just thought it would be more relevant to add it in here rather than create a new thread. I appreciate any advice you guys could give me because I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing. (Remember I am speaking of the parent folder overview and not the mission overview itself.)

** Nevermind, got it working. Didn't realize that you also needed CfgPatches in the config.cpp in order for the addon to work.

Edited by Siege-A
Found Solution