Sign in to follow this  
punisherITA

[POSSIBLE MAJOR BUG with BETA 0.74, and since dev of 24/07/2013] Video memory leak?

HW:

Cooler Master HAF X NVIDIA EDITION Asus Crosshair V Formula + AMD FX-8350 + Asus/Zotac GTX580 SLI + 8GB of Samsung 30nm DDR3 | Caviar Black 3TB SATA III RAID0 | Win7x64

Latest NVIDIA driver available.

Suddenly (more if you open and close map fast) one GPU (usually during gameplay they are at about 60% usage each) goes like hell to 100% usage (I have seen through MSI Afterburner) and game freezes. I tried also to switch the cards, same result (of course in the other card this time). Sometimes it shows video driver stopped working. No other problems in other games of course.

Thanks.

Goodbye.

Edited by punisherITA

the vga renders often as fast as possible if it hasnt a limiter. (thats the reason for example many peoples vgas died in stacraft cause the menu was rendered with 1000fps)

maybe in arma the map also is rendered fast and your card overheats? - try lowering clock and voltages and try again. (even if its bought as stable, just lower it anyway. sometimes sold cards cant maintain the clock / voltage which is guaranteed - when they are at max fps ~1000 fps etc)

why do you think it has sth. to do with the memory?

Maybe set your Cards to Prefer Maximum Performance on the power management as they will sometimes clock down on opening the map and then jump to max when you exit it.

It should be noted that some of the latest NVIDIA drivers have cause a few problems with their graphics Cards. I updated my driver to 320.49 and started getting blue screen errors. I had to roll it back to 314.22 and have no problems. So maybe its the driver that could be causing your issues. Just thought I would mention that.

I've also stayed off new nvidia drivers, 314.22 works best for me on my 560Ti.